Thread: Wheres the best Store/dealer to get Old Man Emu shocks/springs from in canada

Time Online: 3 Days 7 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs

Wheres the best Store/dealer to get Old Man Emu shocks/springs from in canada

Hey everybody, so i have decided to go ahead and start the lifting of the jeep and i have narrowed it down that i want the Old Man Emu springs and shocks.
    (this is based off of countless reviews read and people i know who run the setup and can back the abuse the OME Lift system can take)

Im going to want to run the HD springs/shock duo on my jeep as i usually have a passenger and plan on putting on a tire carrier on the rear soon as well. plus if i ever wanna upgrade in the near future to a larger kit itll be easier to sell over the LD.

the part #'s for what i want are the following

TJ front HD springs
    OME # 2933

TJ front shocks
    OME # 60047

TJ rear HD springs
    OME # 2942 for basic tj's and 2949 for LJ's ( this is a issue im having, to llocate the HD rear springs for the LJ model specifically as they are designed for 216lbs/in hense being a heavier vehicle over the standard tj which uses #2942's and has a spring rating of 160lbs/in)

TJ rear shocks
    OME # 60049

Now the only place i have found in ontario is in burlington 4wd parts. and there like 1200$ before tax, if i go through a website i know in the states its around 680usd$ then with the conversion its 910cad$ and with border tax its like 1030$ all in. the trip costs 40 in gas so it be about 200 cheaper to go through the states.

but the issue i then run into is if i need to warranty a part and the hastle that then comes with having to go to the us to get my parts each time.

So anybody who knows anything about the OME 0-2.5" Hd jeep tj lift kits please weigh in on besst purchasing options available
    THANKS!

p.s. also would consider billstein 5100's if the price is right.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs
    Give just jeeps or ct motorsports a call. I'm about 90% sure they both can get ome.

Incidentally, I had em on my JK amd wasn't that impressed with ride quality.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 2 Days 13 Hrs 43 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 50 Secs
    Canadian Shield 4x4 in Niagara should also be able to get them. http://www.canadianshield4x4.ca/

I have the shocks on my Jeep, never any issues. Used them along with the nth degree springs (for LJ). Now I only have the front's as the rear's gone coilover, but that's another story.

Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Days 9 Hrs 47 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 42 Secs
    I am running OME on my LJ and it drives better than my wifes JK.
    2005 Rubicon Unlimited

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs

Wheres the best Store/dealer to get Old Man Emu shocks/springs from in canada

Quote Originally Posted by 87jeep View Post
    I am running OME on my LJ and it drives better than my wifes JK.
    Hmm perhaps it was just the JK stuff that wasn't great and they got the tj stuff right.

Time Online: 5 Days 12 Hrs 40 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Hmm perhaps it was just the JK stuff that wasn't great and they got the tj stuff right.
    I love OME but heard they shit the bed with their JK suspension. Was gonna go that route when I had my JK but was warned to stay away, even though they have offer amazing products for Toyotas and apparently for older Jeeps too.

Time Online: 3 Days 7 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    sweet info guys. ill give just jeeps and the niagra store a call this evening.

I too have read that the jk ome suspension systems have done a downslide in quality.

Time Online: 13 Hrs 36 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    You could also try Alex at Jeepman Off-road in Hamilton

Time Online: 13 Hrs 36 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    You could also try Alex at Jeepman Off-road in Hamilton