Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Autobody Supplies: Masking Paper/Plastic

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Time Online: 6 Hrs 37 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Rep Power

    Question Autobody Supplies: Masking Paper/Plastic

    I've bought some Por-15 and Raptor Liner, and I was wondering the following:

    1. What would you use product wise to mask of overspray areas: Paper/Plastic, Namebrand or cheap stuff?
    2. Where could I get ahold of the above products for a decent price in the GTA?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Time Online: 2 Wks 22 Hrs 12 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 13 Secs
    Rep Power
    I own a print shop in Vaughan. We commonly use the backer from vinyl graphics as drop sheets and paint mask. As you mentioned there are certainly better more professional options but with the material being a coated paper - it takes quite a bit of paint before it leaches through. Material is 54" in width and up to 100' in length (depending on the lamination run we're doing.) Let me know if I can help you out with some of this backer paper.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts