Thread: WJ Rocker upgrade?

Time Online: 2 Wks 5 Days 17 Hrs 41 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 37 Secs

WJ Rocker upgrade?

Hello all,
    I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee (rare 4lt quadra drive) and the rockers are starting to go. I was hoping to do some light wheeling, get bigger tires, small lift, etc. Before I upgraded anything, I wanted to have a solid base. I've seen a rocker, rock slider type, upgrade kit (like this http://spadanoenterprises.com/-wj--grand-cherokee.html

I basically did it myself on my old 2dr xj, which I miss very much. The only reason I had to let go of it was because I had a kid and needed something better suited (4dr).

Has anyone done this on a WJ?
    Is it worth it? I don't mind spending $1,000-$1,500 to keep it for a few more years.
    Or would I be better off finding a better, less rusty, jeep?
    Is there anyone out there willing to do this for me?
    Angelo
    1998 Jeep Cherokee - 2dr, 4.0, Auto, 231 4x4
    1980 MGB - 3.4V6, T5 transmission, Ford 8.8 posi.
    1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby - t-tops, 5 speed, 2.2 intercooled turbo

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 36 Secs
    Only you can say if it's worth it or not. Modifying a car is almost always a terrible financial proposition. However it the jeep is worth it to you than it seems like a good bet. I suspect any of the local shops could install a kit like that for you. Closest to you would be CT Motorsports, stanggs fab, and Just Jeeps. A bit further away would be trailhead customs in the west and Rockspyder in the east.

Any of those places would take good care of you.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Day 23 Hrs 36 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 37 Secs
    I'm no expert on beating things up but those don't look as strong as what you did on your XJ. I think you used 2"x6" tubing ... can't remember the wall thickness. Those appear to be open across the top. Even a less rusty WJ rockers won't take much of a beating so I'd go with what you have assuming you're happy with the rest of the Jeep.

Time Online: 3 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 23 Hrs 36 Mins 45 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Mins 23 Secs

WJ Rocker upgrade?

I had a local (Ottawa) Metal Fab shop cover up my rusty rockets on my WJ with 3/16" steel. They charged $500 and they are pretty solid. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk