Thread: Did a oil change . Mixed 2 10w-30s together and used new filter

Time Online: 3 Days 7 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs

Did a oil change . Mixed 2 10w-30s together and used new filter HIGH PRESSURE

Hey guys so I did a oil change last night .
    I have usually used fram or a regular Mobil 1 filter and Pennzoil 10w-30

I went and got a Mobil 1 high mileage filter that says it's food for like 20k or something so I thought it give it a whirl. I got a 5L jug of Pennzoil 10w-30 thinking I had a extra at home but I didn't .
    I noticed I had a jug of 10w-30 from a Mobil 1 newer vehicle formula jug . So I took .9L out of that and used it as well .

My probl3m right now is since I did the change the pressure gauge doesn't stay at the centre unless I'm dead stop idle and if I'm driving 50km or 110km the gauge is half way between centre and the next line and it has a weird hooning sound I've never hear before now . I can't describe it but let's just say it's no loud but it's only there under acceleration .

Now my jeep every time I do a oil change . I put in minimum 5.7 max 5.9 because every time I change it I only get like 4.8-5L drained out of it . Idk if its burning oil or whatever but I know I don't have a gasket on my opda and I loose a little it there but I doubt almost whole litre .

PLEASE HELP IN DRIVING 7 HOURS straight next Friday with my gf and I can't have high pressure issues!! Going 110km whole way
    Last edited by LJ newb; 09-15-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Stickybongsmoking is offline Yes, this is gawd damn muthafockling CTD NUT.
    Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 33 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 53 Secs
    - Mixing two similar oils isn't really the end of the world.

- Slightly elevated oil pressure isn't the end of the world, either. The factory gauge is woefully inaccurate so take that reading with a grain of salt.

- Regular Fram oil filters are shit. A very poor quality filter. Mobil1 filters are rebadged from another manufacturer which alludes me right now.

- Do not overfill your engine oil. Fill it to the top of the dipstick mark and that is it. Failure to do so has the potential to cause all sorts of issues. Overfill it enough and you will have excessive windage caused by the crank smacking the oil. This can lead to excessive crank pressure which can lead to poor ring sealing, lost efficiency, seal leaks, etc. It is a good habit to check oil routinely between changes. If the engine burns oil between service intervals, top it up as needed. Never overfill to compensate.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 59 Secs
    I'll just add to Stickey's post. If your oil pressure sending unit and gauge are working correctly 1/4 to half would be normal oil pressure on a 4.0L at idle. 1/2 to 3/4 would be normal while driving.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 3 Days 7 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    Ok I won't top past 5.7 again thanks for that info helps a lot not to worry . I just wasn't used to swing it move that much maybe the extra .2 is causing slight pressure issues I'll drain .2 L tonight when I get home so it's at 5.7

Thanks sticky and rb jeep

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 5 Hrs 38 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    What they said. (dont over fill)
    Also your oil pressure will change with rpm's.
    As well as temp. from less to more with a hot to cold motor.

If you have a true oil gauge the pressure should change up and down the same as your rpm's change. Ie.. If you rpm's go up 1 point of measurement then your oil pressure will go up close to 1 point of measurement.