Thread: FINAL Question post. NEED assistance with coolant flush on 05 TJ 4.0

Time Online: 3 Days 7 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs

FINAL Question post. NEED assistance with coolant flush on 05 TJ 4.0

hey guys, as you all know i've been asking a lot of questions lately , AND i promise this is my final one for the next couple months.

i'm going on my long trip this weekend and want everything to run smoothly. I want to change my coolant/rad hoses, and thermostat/gasket before i go away on friday. i went to the dealer and got ther 195 thermostat/gasket. and at carquest i got the ZEROX g-05 stuff
    purchased to date;
    hoses
    clamps
    thermostat/gasket
    1 gallon concentrate
    1 gallon 50/50 to top up so i don't gotta worry about ratio mixtures etc.
    5 gallons of distilled water.
    for flushing

I WANT TO FLUSH ENTIRE SYSTEM not just drain the rad and refill and only actually change 1/3 of the system fluid doing that. I CANNOT find a full start to finish write up of the block flush/heater core flush . i find a million on the jk and the only ones for the TJ involve the FLUSH kit from preston to cut hoses and stuff and use your garden hose which would be bad because of the minerals in it rather using distilled and cutting hosses.

i have heard about people draining the rad like 4 to 5 times and each time the dilution gets less and less coolant and more distilled. but my only question is . if i do this 4 times and i drain the rad the system still has 2/3 of water in the block so how do i get a even 50/50 mixture if i don't drain blocks fluid. i am willing to attack any job on any vehicle if i got a write up to follow. i have read to many people with issues that mess there heater core up or something trying to back flush and i cant run into these issues as i got 5 days till my trip.PLEASE somebody provide a link or step by step best method to do a coolant drain/flush so i can get the old crap out . OR ill give somebody a case of beer to help me just get it done with and teach me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs
    Perhaps bring the thermostat with you on the trip just in case, but worry about flushing and changing parts when you get back. Would be a shame to screw up the trip with a mistake that can be fixed when you have time back home.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Mths 2 Days 10 Hrs 5 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 37 Secs
    what Drizit said... I would not worry about the coolant until afterwards.
    a learning experience is one of those things that says, you know that thing you just did...don't do that again.

ok so if i wait untill i come back even. how do i do it

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 16 Hrs 11 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 41 Secs
    You can use the hose to flush the block and use compressed air to blast out most of the leftover water. There are videos on YouTube

Got a link ? I've found 1 video of a guy who does it all but he uses the wrong coolant the green Preston stuff so that makes me question his basics if he's not even using the right fluid .

Stickybongsmoking is offline Yes, this is gawd damn muthafockling CTD NUT.
    Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 36 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 53 Secs
    If you are serious about getting the cooling system flushed and cleaned thoroughly, I would have it professionally done. The machine that does it cycles fluid through the entire system while filtering it for every cycle repeatedly until it is clean. I used to run one of these machines years ago and I'm not familiar with another process that would thoroughly flush the system. As a result, I would not bother doing it any other way - it's not worth it.
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"