Thread: Door weather stripping question

Time Online: 1 Day 6 Hrs 45 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs

Door weather stripping question

After many years of rust preventative undercoating, the bottom of the doors/tail gate weather stripping started to swell up to the point where I had to cut them off. (2006 TJ Rubicon).

My question is has any one found a good alternative to the original weather stripping that the stealership wants to charge me my first born child for? I'm trying to stay away from any 'foam' like product and trying to find a rubber one that might work.

Better yet if anyone has any used weather stripping off any doors they are scraping, I'll grab them.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Yr 5 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 41 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 43 Mins 37 Secs

Door weather stripping question

For my had doors I got replaced rubber weather stripping from just jeeps. Specifically made to fit with all the little plastic clips to hold it in. Wasn't unreasonably priced ether. I was tod at the time (6 years ago) to get the tailgate seal from the dealer as all the aftermarket ones were junk.
    2010 JK Unlimited Sahara, rubi axles, 35" duratracs, OME lift: Written off, RIP.
    2006 LJ Rubicon Lots of stuff from TMR installed by CT Motorsports (see profile if you want to know) project once more with feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by igotafrigginjeep View Post
    Listen to the wise Drizit
    Hey he said it not me.
    There Must have been a time when we could have said no.