Thread: Front Differential leaking from driveshaft joint

Time Online: 1 Day 9 Hrs 43 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs

Front Differential leaking from driveshaft joint

I recently installed a 1 MORE MML lift and I now notice that I have fluid leaking from the rear of my front Diff where the drive shaft attaches to it. I Didn't change the pinion angle when doing the lift... I just followed their instructions. the fluid doesn't smell lift diff fluid it actually smells like oil but I guess that's a little impossible. Any ideas? would the MML cause the the diff to leak?
    2005 Unlimited Rubicon-4.5 RE superflex, 5100 bilstien shocks, RE steering stablizer, no t-case drop, stock drive shafts, 35 TSL SSR Radial, 15x10 Dick cepek DC-1's, 48 Hilift, Champion Winch, Custom front and rear bumpers, Swing out tire carrier, EDGE 62 mm throttle body, Cold air intake and programmer (trail runner),Borla cat back, sprayed reflex bed liner, locker bypass, Off road KC-hilites, HID driving light conversion.

Time Online: 9 Hrs 50 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    Sorry...jeeping newbie here but what does MML stand for.

no prob -motor mount lift

trailzen Guest
    your pinion seal is leaking...this happens and has nothing to do with the MML ,you should get it fixed , if oil can leak out water can leak in

Originally posted by trailzen
    your pinion seal is leaking...this happens and has nothing to do with the MML ,you should get it fixed , if oil can leak out water can leak in
    I bet DC will say the MML changed my pinion angle which caused it to leak. extra stress and bla bla bla.

Don't tell them you have a MML. You think those idiots will know any different?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    let the dealer fix it under waranty.. they will never notice the MML... dumb ass'
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

trailzen Guest
    The dealer shouldn't care,if they do find a new one .mine changed a t-case on my jeep when I had my 4.5"lift and 33's

Time Online: 10 Hrs 27 Mins 18 Secs
    4 words.... don't - trust - service managers! I never had anything covered under warranty except for my thermostat. I did have a lift, they knew I used it offroad and it was used against me every time - regardless of circumstances. IMHO, have some fun, grab the kit and do it yourself.... it could save you some potential grief !

Time Online: 10 Hrs 27 Mins 18 Secs
    Oh, just looked at your sig. I had a Rubi too.... What's blown up on yours so far??

Originally posted by Stuckie
    Oh, just looked at your sig. I had a Rubi too.... What's blown up on yours so far??
    rear pads, rotors, front driveshaft (db cardan but they jsut replace the whole thing), rad fan clutch, starter, front driveshaft dust boot, rear main seal, and counting