Thread: The Ontario Federation OF 4WD Recreationists

Hybrid View

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

The Ontario Federation of 4WD Recreationists

In 1998, the Northern Lights 4x4 Trailriders Association was founded with the primary mandate of ensuring the sustainability of 4-wheel drive recreational trail riding in Ontario. We are now known as Northern Lights, the Ontario Federation of 4WD Recreationists, an incorporated non-profit organization who, over the past 8 years, has used a multi-faceted approach in pursuit of this goal. During this time, the OF4WD has been highly successful in gaining the respect and co-operation of peers and government officials alike. Today, the OF4WD has grown exponentially in both its membership and scope. We have numerous programs and initiatives, all with the goal of supporting our primary mandate;

To Ensure the Sustainability of 4-Wheeling…

While this sounds simple, it’s actually a massive undertaking that involves a multi-facetted approach to a number of issues that threaten the future of our sport. Things like auto insurance companies refusing to insure modified vehicles, local trail closures and blanket legislative changes as a few examples.

While there are numerous examples of organized 4WD clubs who have, and continue to represent our community in the best possible light, the OF4WDs focus is somewhat different. Municipally, the efforts of individual clubs have positive repercussions for our sport, however it is impossible for individual clubs to be effective in addressing issues at a higher level. Provincial and, to a lesser extent, municipal level lobbying requires a single unified front with which to represent any interest group. It is the goal of the OF4WD to build a unified voice for the 4WD community from which to develop effective lobbying strategies aimed at both government offices and corporate entities.

The OF4WD,
    - Is involved in lobbying and legislative discourse that will directly impact your ability to 4-wheel on public lands for recreational trailriding.
    - Is actively developing solutions with other user groups to promote multi-use trail systems.
    - Holds large-scale events with the express purpose of building a friendly, responsible, and accurate image of 4WD enthusiasts.
    - Is in discussions with regional officials in an attempt to permit recreational trail riding on protected lands where it is presently prohibited.
    - Promotes various environmental initiatives (i.e. trail clean-ups), communicated to and recognized by external bodies, which are essential in our adherence with a code of responsibility to the environment and other trail users.
    - Provides 4-wheelers with a united voice to effect change that will have historical significance in our dealings with government.
    - Provides its membership with event liability insurance for the general operations of their clubs and for peace-of-mind while on the trail.

All of the projects undertaken by the OF4WD and its member clubs generally fall into two categories; those that promote a positive image for 4WD enthusiasts and those that ensure a sustainable infrastructure for our community. Success in both these areas are the fundamental keys to fostering relationships with government offices and building a recognized and respected provincial user group. The success of this effort depends primarily on the support of our member clubs for the OF4WD banner and for our programs. Our members are integral to everything the OF4WD accomplishes each year through their donations of time and/or funds.

The OF4WD is completely run and staffed by volunteers. Offroaders helping other Offroaders. But, to be truly effective, the OF4WD needs the support of all 4WD enthusiasts to build a louder voice and a more and more powerful representation. We require the support of the entire 4WD community to achieve this.
    The OF4WD is comprised of a seven member Board of Directors, a number of committee heads, and a wealth of volunteer members who comprise the committees. It is through the effort of these individuals and teams that the OF4WDs members have attained their provincially recognized reputation.

It is well known that there is power in numbers...

The only truly effective way to achieve our goals is through cohesive and collective action. We are a continually developing organization that is open and responsive to the needs of its membership and is building a better community for 4WD enthusiasts.

An organization with an established history, a clear mandate, and a positive track record, such as the OF4WD, is necessary for the sustainability of our sport. Given recent legislative changes and increasing re-designation of crown lands to protected lands, supporting the OF4WD is even more important than ever before. Solidarity, the inherent power in numbers, is the only way our community, and the OF4WD, can grow into the future.

Details regarding membership, our member clubs, sponsorship opportunities and our programs/initiatives can be found on our website or requested by email.

For more information please visit;

www.of4wd.com
    info@of4wd.com
    Last edited by 5.2Jeep; 03-29-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Time Online: 5 Hrs 21 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    PITBOYZ WILD CHILD
    PITBOYZ BRAMPTON CHAPTER (PB4L)
    OF4WD member # 2543

www.Pitboyz.ca

TEAM MOTIVE MEDIA

God made all people..... and Smith and Wessen made them equal.

Time Online: 40 Mins 7 Secs
    Rock on, and can't wait to do some work with you guys this year! Now - where's my card?
    --
    < Andy Snelgrove
    PitBoyz Lost Family Member
    NL OF4WD Member # 4310

Time Online: 4 Days 7 Hrs 39 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 21 Secs
    so i joined the of4wd at the end of August and i havent received anything; no mail, no e-mail, no nothing ... ive tried sending an email thru the membership part of the website and it bounced back ... any ideas? what gives?
    \m/

Time Online: 1 Day 17 Hrs 49 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Am I correct in thinking you emailed the membership@of4wd.com ? If so, that email is configured to forward to another non of4wd address that someone else is monitoring. I will investigate the email issue and follow up with you on your enquiry via personal email.
    ALL - As fallback, the info@of4wd.com should work fine - barring times when I'm away you should receive a response within a day or two on that address.
    Apologies for any concern caused.

Time Online: 4 Days 7 Hrs 39 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 21 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by pw View Post
    Am I correct in thinking you emailed the membership@of4wd.com ? If so, that email is configured to forward to another non of4wd address that someone else is monitoring. I will investigate the email issue and follow up with you on your enquiry via personal email.
    ALL - As fallback, the info@of4wd.com should work fine - barring times when I'm away you should receive a response within a day or two on that address.
    Apologies for any concern caused.
    Yeah I think it was the "membership" email addy ... I got your email this morning; thanks for clearing everything up so quick!

Time Online: 1 Day 6 Hrs 30 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    I re-newed not long ago....I had a small sticker with my member # on it and the year, will I get another for 07, even though the year is almost over?
    1995 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 46RH, 249, D30/D35, stockish, his....
    2004 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, 45RFE, NV247, D30/D44, stock, hers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfest
    "It's $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, $15 for a ZJ..."
    "What's a ZJ? "
    "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Time Online: 1 Day 17 Hrs 49 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by GONRACIN View Post
    I re-newed not long ago....I had a small sticker with my member # on it and the year, will I get another for 07, even though the year is almost over?
    Please see personal email for follow up explanation. As far as I am aware all packages should have shipped out with stickers.

BTW - we will revise the member package for 2008 - goal of being more responsive and flexible.

Thanks.

Time Online: N/A
    this info@of4wd.com dont work either been over 2 weeks trying to get an answer. nothing just bounced back emails.

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 31 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    I sent an email on Thursday to membership@of4wd.com and had a response from the same email addy within 1 hour, it was not a generic response either.
    Newmarket Swamper

OF4WD Member # 5246

Time Online: 1 Day 54 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Revive! Joined today! Hope there's some good meets coming up

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    Stay tuned to OF4WD.com, or come out to the AGM to see what's coming in 2014!

Time Online: 1 Day 54 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Have to see if I can schedule it in, hope so