Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there ever a right time to buy a Jeep?

Time Online: 1 Hr 39 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Is there ever a right time to buy a Jeep?

Kinda getting frustrated by being jeepless. Every time there is an awesome deal that pops up that is just perfect for me in my opinion, there always seems to be some obstacle that seem to interfear with why I can't pick it up. I really love my jeeps, but I'm starting to think owning one just isnt in my books.

What was buying your first jeep like??
    (MOOOOOOOO'VE OUT OF MY WAY!!!!)

O
    . . O ^__^
    ... O ( oo ) \__________
    ...... (___) \.'.'..'.'.'.'.'.'.'.') \/\
    ............... |.'.'.'..'.'.'.'.'.'|
    ............... | |------ W |
    ............... | |,,,,,,,,,,,| |

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 43 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    Impluse

no time to think it over, just BAM

glad I did it that way, looked at waaaaaaaaay too many samurai's and fullsize chevy's that would make some peoples teeth fall out
    Ahhhh some people just never grow up, but that's Okay; our world needs people like you to add comedy in our lives

Time Online: 4 Days 7 Hrs 39 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 21 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnaevd View Post
    Kinda getting frustrated by being jeepless. Every time there is an awesome deal that pops up that is just perfect for me in my opinion, there always seems to be some obstacle that seem to interfear with why I can't pick it up. I really love my jeeps, but I'm starting to think owning one just isnt in my books.

What was buying your first jeep like??
    i just bought my first jeep a couple months ago, and i'll tell ya, the looking around part once i decided to buy one wasnt very fun; either the good deals were sold, or there was something wrong. i got lucky i guess as i found out thru the grapevine that a friend was looking to unload his but hadnt been really advertising it at the moment, turned to be exactly what we were looking for .... i had to drive to Ottawa from Hamilton to get it, but what they heck, it made the experience much better dealing with someone i knew.
    \m/

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 9 Hrs 56 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 41 Secs
    Bought my TJ on e-bay sight unseen, couldn't be happier with it! Just go for it!!

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Days 3 Hrs 11 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 43 Secs
    This is where joining a club in very beneficial. As you get to now the members a trust can develop. As you ride together, camp, BBQ, ect.... Club members always have rigs for sale. Depending on what you want they can help you find it. Grapevine rigs always sell fast and if you are part of that grapevine you can get in. I would rather buy a rig from a club member than off the lot, if it is used anyways.
    Condition grounded, but determined to try.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog-68 View Post
    This is where joining a club in very beneficial. As you get to now the members a trust can develop. As you ride together, camp, BBQ, ect.... Club members always have rigs for sale. Depending on what you want they can help you find it. Grapevine rigs always sell fast and if you are part of that grapevine you can get in. I would rather buy a rig from a club member than off the lot, if it is used anyways.
    I've been part of this site for a while, but a lot of times I like to stay low key on it and just kinda sit back and read, mostly because i don't want to look stupid while asking juvenile questoins. The last month or so I've been seeing sooo Many CJ's that I have been absolutally drueling over, so it seems the bug has been worse then ever this month.

My closest friend is a fairly active member on this site, so I kinda get some of the grape vine fall off's. He manages to find some pretty awesome deals, and hopefully one time I can snag one off of him. But as I said, it never seems to be the right time, especially while Im still in University. But I do have the go ahead to store a project at my house until I can finish my other one (72 dodge charger). so now its finding something that I canafford without getting myself into trouble, and also finding one thats in good enough shape to fix up. So im looking for a CJ, and as long as the frame is good, and its an origional CJ body, i'd like to pick oine up. Unfortunately being here in Windsor, the deals dont seem to pop up quite as readily asup in the GTA. But i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Great to see there's many impulse buyers out there! lol

Time Online: 12 Hrs 38 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    For me I was looking at the Canyon and other small trucks at first. Was at my g/f's cousins's and she had a Jeep catalogue/brochure on her coffee table. So I leafed through it, which got me thinking, I'm young screw practicality. A month later I was driving off the lot with my TJ. As soon as I decided what I wanted I dove in, luckily my aunt is a sales manager at a Chrysler dealer so she cut me a bit of a break on it.
    Pete
    -'04 TJ-

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    Doing your research and taking the time is greatly beneficial. I love doing it, no matter if its Jeeps, stocks, a house, or anything thats a big purchase. Learning from other's mistakes and experiences helps you alot. But having said all that, you're gonna make mistakes, you'll find what works for some won't work for you. So as long as you're confident you've done your home work, then just wait for the one that fits most of your criterion's and jump on it. Nothing is gonna fulfill all of it.

And I hope you're ready for your Jeep experience, it aint gonna be cheap

My Mood
    Angry
    Time Online: 12 Hrs 43 Mins 37 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    I say if you want one, find one that suits you and buy it. Don't hmm and haw and maybe your self out of it. Just buy it. That is how i got my first one.
    Money dosen't do you any good unless your spending it!
    read 'em and weep, the Dead Mans hand again!

whip Guest
    I was looking for a small truck. Decided to drive a Jeep just for fun. Said thanks, walked away, went back 20 minutes later and it was gone. I bought the next one I found. Five years later...a perfect Love / Hate relationship. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Sometimes I just go and sit in it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time Online: 8 Hrs 27 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    first jeep I bought my car had broken down in Stoney Creek had a truck trader, called 3 ppl with jeeps. The first one to say they'd pick me up I bought their jeep that night. Mind you it was a lemon BUT here I go on my third jeep and I cant live without a Jeep. I traded the last one in 6 months ago for a car. Not working now. Oh and every deal I saw was sold when I called for it so just jump it.
    Welcome back whip!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 5 Days 25 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Secs
    whip its just to bad no will wheel with you around here something to be said about fawken friends over eh! sinnaevd what are you looking for in a heep know where theres 5 for sale hell i'll sell ya one of mine
    what can i say i got I got a jeep body and a jeep frame ,the rest is ford,chevy

Time Online: 9 Mins 36 Secs
    Buy my jeep
    "Don't say my jeep's topless, say the titties is out!"

Time Online: 2 Days 44 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    my first was as easy as my second. go to dealer, pick model and options, sign papers and wait for delivery. no obstacles, believe me they'll do everything they can to make sure you go home with something.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    you want something you don't have to worry about
    what if you srach that new shiny tj
    but you don't want and old crapy 4.2L yj
    ya got to think what your going to be doing with it

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs
    My first and only Jeep took 8 months to find. For those 8 months I bought every Triad, Auto Trader and Buy and Sell along with a few Simcoe Shoppers. I eventually found this one at a dealership next to the place I originally went to look at another one. I paid through the roof for it but have never seen a better one after. A year later I thought the Jeep thing was not for me and parted out the truck keeping the frame and tub. 4 years later and a career change saw me surrounded by the Jeep thing and I got around to putting it back together.

Since your looking for a CJ and they are getting harder and harder to find in decent shape at a good price I would recommend looking on www.pirate4x4.com. CJ's always seem to command a ridiculous price for what they are. Possibly an alternative would be a post 91 YJ and you could always change the only thing they did wrong and put a CJ front end on it.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time Online: 8 Hrs 27 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    there is a cj on ebay.ca right now only a few days left

My Mood
    Buzzed
    i got a yj with a cj front clip

Time Online: 2 Hrs 2 Mins 45 Secs
    When ever you get you wife pregant. Thats what I do 3 kids in the last 5 year three jeeps in the last 5 years. After my wife tells me I run out and buy one. For the first I got my 89 yj for the second my 2004 Rubicon, for my 3rd my 46 willys. Also birthdays, anniversery, christmas are all good times to treat you jeep to a lift, mods or other parts. Been working for me. Now also cause I got 3 kids I gonna have to start looking at those new 4 door ones cause honey we just can't leave one of the kids out of a good wheeling trip.

see i like the cj's quite a bit, but im really picky about how my vehicles are done.

here's what i want:

CJ 7
    Steel tub
    one piece fiberglass front
    ford 9 inch
    dana 44 front

it would be red with tan interior

I would like to have a trail dedicated vehicle but it would be a complete waste here in windsor. So itd like somethingmild. maybe 33's a bit of lift. i would be mostly doing sand dunes and some mtrail riding with it. i dont think it would see to much mud or anything too extreme. eventually i would put in a custom frame, but thats so far down the road i shouldnt be researching that. i need to find myself a good starter. the one piece front end, steel tub, good solid frame and the 304

i shall be keeping my eyes open for it