Thread: power fluctuations???

Time Online: 4 Hrs 25 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

power fluctuations???

hello,

I am having some driving issues with my jeep. I have checked all the vaccuum lines i can see and there doesn't seem to be any leaks. Does this sound like a vaccuum issue?? any ideas??

I am still having issues when i am driving though. I was on the hwy yesterday. i would be driving witht the peadl to the floor with no problems. As i slowly let off on the gas you can feel the jeep hit power spikes. if i hold the gas at about 75% you can feel the jeep slow down. if i let off on the gas a bit you will feel the jeep pick up speed(more power) then if i let off more the jeep would feel like it is sputtering. All dfifferent power fluctuations depending on where i hold the gas pedal. Yesterday i was doing 90km/hr and going downhill in 4th gear and was picking up speed at 100% throttle. when i let off to about 90% the jeep would imediatly slow down like i let off on the gas totally. then at about 80% throttle the jeeep would be speeding up again. what would cause all the different power stages in the gas pedal???

thanks

it is for an 89 YJ 4.2L. i have done the mc2100 carb swap. new cap rotor and coil.

would a vaccuum tester figure this out??

Time Online: 20 Hrs 19 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    i would definately give the vacuum tester a shot

Time Online: 2 Wks 3 Days 9 Hrs 14 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 25 Secs
    stick a hose onto a funnel for a cheapo stethescope. Pretty useful for finding vacuum leaks. I had kind of a similar problem with the old 1bbl. and it had worked loose from the intake letting air suck in. Maybe double check your new carb and try some locktite.