Thread: Remote Start Install

Time Online: 1 Wk 18 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs

Remote Start Install

How hard is it on a Manual Saturn?
    93 YJ
    4" rough Country Susp. lift 2" shackle lift 2" Body Lift, TJ Flares
    35" M/T's
    Cobra CB with no antenna (thanks Grimsby)

Time Online: 1 Day 1 Hr 37 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Not fun. You need to make sure its for a standard, and you must hook up all the wires. If left in gear and remote started, your car is now a weapon.
    OF4WD# 5253
    1989 Islander YJ SOLD
    1997 TJ Sahara 35s, Warn 8000, Jet Chip, Flexilite Fan, 6 inchs of lift. blahSOLD!
    1999 Ford F-150 4X4

02 Polaris Sportsman 700
    RDC lift, RDC Relocate , blah, blah, and blah.

Time Online: 1 Day 8 Hrs 8 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    I agree, ^^^^^ its not something you want to get wrong. Even some auto shops refuse to install them for insurance reasons. To do it right you must have access to correct electrical schmatics and know how to read them. Don't assume anything. The actual install isn't really difficult. Its understanding where everything needs to be to operate safely. Also for some GM's there are security systems that need be bypassed. Some use specific resistor values or transponder keys and even hall effect sensors built into the tumbler. Any of these security systems will force you to buy extra parts. There isn't any other way around them. They are built into the data bus network so you can't just remove them. The PCM/ECM will always be looking for them.

Time Online: 2 Hrs 32 Mins 30 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    I have an 'autostart' and have had no problems. My car is an automatic PT. If it was a standard, it would of cost me an extra $100 for some part to override the standard. I did not install it. I know when I'm in over my head.
    If what I don't know can't hurt me; I'm indestructable!

Time Online: 1 Wk 3 Days 4 Hrs 21 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 50 Secs
    Putting a remote start in a standard vehicle is really no harder then putting one in a auto.

The remote start units themselves are different, there will be a shut down process you have to go thur to get the standard vehicle in remote start mode. Normall it will stay running untill you leave the vehicle, shut the door, and then it will shut off, and it will be armed an ready for remote start mode. This way you know its in netural.

As I remember, there is only one or two wires more for the standard remote start unit then the auto one. No big deal.

The biggest pain can be a security ign. bypass if your vehicle has one from the factory.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 3 Hrs 28 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 42 Secs
    don't do it.

automatic is OK but stick, walk away.

i've been in the consumer electronics business 22 yrs, there are starters for sticks but NONE of them are fail safe.
    '05 Rubi, 102" WB, Supercharged 4.0l, 37" MTR's, 14" CO's, Chromos, TerraFlex Swayloc, Currie AntiRock rear, Chevy/Warn 44 Hub Conversion, Stauns, Staang fabbed custom long arms, Tube Fenders & steering.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Days 19 Hrs 55 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs
    I have been installing them for years, If you wanna do the MT autostart make sure to get a good one...the ones that make u do a song and dance on the way out are BS....get a good one with Infared Sensors that you put on the stickshift....they only line up in neutral thus allowing it to start...and there are anti-theft bypass modules for pretty much any vehicle out there...there are other ways around theft systems aswell...bottom line tho..if you dont feel confident in doing it...have a shop do it for you...they warranty thier work....cheers!

Time Online: 1 Day 1 Hr 37 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Yes, I've also installed many of them. Get a shop to do it right. Then most shops will have a lifetime warranty on their work so you'll always feel confident about it.

Make sure all your door pins are in working order as well.

Time Online: 1 Wk 18 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs
    thanks guys., Apparentmy I'm not gonna try myself.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    I've done a few now, and it's simple.

www.bulldogsecurity.com has great wiring info. Yes no standard is fail safe,, but follow the install and operation instructions and you'll be fine.
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.