Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance Companies (Something Positive!)

mugsy is offline Mugsy the Animal Steel-Moderator
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 7 Hrs 55 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 59 Secs
    i am with TDcanada trust-certus direct, just did the quote and mines still over 600.00 cheaper. Guess i am not changing.
    my wife (RIP) hated my jeep too so i ran her over with it and now we are both happier (me and the jeep)

RETREAD #13

04 Wrangler, 4" lift and 33's

Time Online: 22 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    I'm picking up the new RUBY Monday, and just switched to Belair,, saved $75/month on 3 vehs ... 07 Rubi, 06 Matrix and 01 Grand Am.

Time Online: 2 Mths 18 Hrs 57 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins
    my quote belair 207.00 for jeep and car.what i pay now, statefarm is 216.00 for jeep and car plus harley and house

Time Online: 18 Hrs 31 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    I'm with belair as well. $147/month for a 94 camaro and a 97 jetta with no collision. I was paying OVER $300/month only a year ago with RBC (and over 400 for a 93 xj the year before that). I caused an accident in Nov 2002, had one major ticket and got in 1 not-at-fault accident 2 years ago. I’m happy with belair!
    Last edited by dork; 12-16-2007 at 10:50 AM.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 49 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    I'm paying 240 for my 93 ZJ with basic coverage.
    24 with one at fault accident, comes off this summer I believe and I can't wait for that.
    I want a Grand Wagoneer!!

03 Tracker LT - DD
    96 Talon TSI AWD - Jack Stand Queen That's Almost Running Again
    08 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5" BB, 33" BFGs (Hers)

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    i am paying $245/month without collision, i just turned 18 with no accidents or tickets,

but they told me it will go down $25 a month when i get my full G, but who knows maybe they will change their mind again next time i cal lol

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 12 Hrs 6 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 58 Secs
    I was with a private broker with Pathco and paid too much apparently, then went to Statefarm who gave me a rate that was about half price as they claimed an accident on my record wasnt my fault. Then 3 months later back charged me 617 dollars as they looked into it and apparently it was at 50/50 fault which I look at as bullshit.

So... after looking into a few other options - I'm not with Certas-Direct through some broker and that put me to just a bit more than I was originally paying with statefarm. I pay 215 a month for a Dodge Ram, and still have 14/month house insurance, and fire/theft on the jeep through winter.

At the end of the day, all insurance companies have a strangle hold on Ontarians.
    Tri-City Jeep Club

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 42 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 19 Secs
    We Had our 89 Z24 Stolen twice in nine months and Belair Paid out Each time for Repairs without a question and our Rates did not go up at all... Usually We call around at the end of each term and If someone can beat Belair then We ask them to match however Every year They lower our rates and have never had to even ask them to give us a better deal.... I doubt We will be changing anytime soon...
    1989 Jeep MJ: 4.7L Stroker, 4WD Swap, 97+Conversion, RC Long Arm Upgrade Kit, 35x12.5x18 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, WJ D30, WK SRT8 Rear D44 w/approx. 8" Lift
    1983 Jeep CJ7: SOLD

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 54 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman View Post
    We Had our 89 Z24 Stolen twice in nine months and Belair Paid out Each time for Repairs without a question and our Rates did not go up at all... Usually We call around at the end of each term and If someone can beat Belair then We ask them to match however Every year They lower our rates and have never had to even ask them to give us a better deal.... I doubt We will be changing anytime soon...
    Legally they can't do that. They file rates with CSIO they have to stick to them. I hate to tell you guys but rates are non negotiable, and anyone who says they are, is lieing through their teeth.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 42 Mins 54 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 19 Secs
    Well I am no insurance agent and If you are then I would take your word if not then It is your opinion and Your entitled to it... Like I said I have never had to ask because My rates Drop every Year...

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 12 Hrs 6 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 58 Secs
    On Alex's suggestion I tried Belair when I was having serious issues with my previous two companies. (it resulted in me not having a chance to get insurance and I ended up parting and building a milder jeep). Anyways, my problem with Belair is that they said no way, no how to insuring a vehicle over 20 years unless historic or collector which has strict limitations on mileage and use. They explained the exception is if you've already had a policy and then the vehicle turned 20. I'm going to try to switch next year when my current policy is up and see if I can insure a DD then add my Cj to the list after.