Thread: Hardmounting tub

Time Online: 5 Days 19 Hrs 2 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Secs

Hardmounting tub

hey, im going to be upgrading the rollcage and fenders, rockers, bumpers pretty much all at once....i think. well im thinking about hardmounting my tub to the frame, not buring it on just getting some aluminum bushings instead of the rubber or whatever ones, now they are just for compfort right, i know the tub flexes and such whitch is the problem.im pretty much building the tub and rollcage all together and well the tub cant be flexing and shifted when all my rollage is fixed to my frame, whats everyones thoughs.
    love my 2.5

Time Online: 2 Days 44 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    i would suggest keeping some sort of rubber buffer in the mounts. we harh mounted most of a cj on 42's to the frame and got some serious cracks in the paint because the body and frame don't want to twist and flex at the same rates. made a nice paint job into a lot of work for nuttin.

hmm that defenitly makes sence, although i dont care about my paint, what your describing and when you think of it sounds like it could defenitly lead so some stress cracking and damage to the structure of the tub
    Last edited by WuMark; 01-06-2008 at 10:35 PM.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    If you have a decent cage and tie it into the frame at all points it will keep everything from moving. At least a 6 point cage not just a factory hoop. Mine even handles better after solid mounting the tub and doing the cage. Much stiffer and more predictable. I had to all my body mounts were rotten or ripping off the body.

wind shield hoop frame tie in.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

ohh, how did you end up mounting the tub to the frame? some type of metal bushing instead of rubber body mounts?