Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OF4WD Why or Why Not?

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Hrs 59 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 28 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by simko View Post
    hey guys, not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly has this organization accomplished?

if so many are members, whats happening with the money? does anyone have a case/ instance/ example to educate me with
    I think that's a great question.
    I have no gripe with the OF4WD per se but I think the "speed of trail closure" (or threat at least) is greater than the "speed of action" of the OF4WD. BUT, I don't think that this is because the OF4WD isn't doing as much as it can. I genuinely think that the volunteers in the OF4WD are doing a fantastic job with the limited time that they can alot to their OF4WD commitment. That said, I think we need to do more to support the OF4WD so that in the coming years (year?) we can generate enough support financially to have a dedicated OF4WD officer/lobbyist. The OFSC has many paid positions and really can be a model organization for the OF4WD in many ways. I know as a community we can't generate the kind of financial backing the OFSC enjoys but I think we should strive to get at least one lobbyist. One person that can dedicate all of their time to make it so that our speed of action at least parallels the speed of trail threats.

So, I think as a community we need to be prepared to do much much more to support our voice in the political community.

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 22 Hrs 23 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 48 Secs
    Well said. We've got to start somewhere and the groundwork has been done. Now we need to grow.
    CT MOTORSPORTS
    7050A Bramalea Rd. Unit 22 Mississauga, Ontario L5S 1T1 (905) 452-3236
    OF4WD Member #3140

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 16 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs
    hey guys, not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly has this organization accomplished?

if so many are members, whats happening with the money? does anyone have a case/ instance/ example to educate me with
    I think you should browse their website, or go to the AGM and get more information.....they will also be able to better answer your questions there rather than taking second hand information and making your decision
    Last edited by loosecannon; 02-22-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Time Online: 5 Days 19 Hrs 2 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Secs
    i have yet to join, can someone give me a quick brief idea of what they are? i thought it was just another forum like this one....im right out of the loop on this one. i will check out there site
    love my 2.5

Time Online: 17 Hrs 58 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by WuMark View Post
    i have yet to join, can someone give me a quick brief idea of what they are? i thought it was just another forum like this one....im right out of the loop on this one. i will check out there site
    for the lack of a better description, think OFSC for 4x4's... head over to of4wd.com for a real explanation..
    Keepn' the Rubber Side down.

'06 TJ | 2 headlights | broken cheap ass fogs | 30 lbs of mud in frame | undersized spare | dented fender | dented rear quarter | Stainless washers on license plate | softdoors with broken handles | Three black box thingies that look expensive | rusty hitch | lots more payments

I Support OF4WD

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard
    thank you i needed a new sig

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 4 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 16 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 24 Secs

Time Online: 2 Hrs 6 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Been a member since last April
    I'm not bad....other ppl make me look that way
    Women should be like a Jeep in the summer, TOPLESS
    OF4WD #4916

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 35 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by WuMark View Post
    The best description I can give about the OF4WD is they are our political voice for 4wheel drive vehicles, the same as OFSC is for snowmobiles. This association was created to give a collective voice to the off-road community so we all can preserve our hobby today.

OFWD is also involved in local communities for charitable and positive contribution from our sport, like CampNL and Trail cleanups to mention a few.

The association is made of many proactive clubs and individual members to be the voice of our sport. Unfortunately, without all of the support of all clubs in Ontario and the greater area, it is very difficult to achieve their goals in a timely fashion.

As already stated in this post and others, there is a real threat to not be recognized in the trail development plans of today. OF4WD with its voluntary members are making positive inroads, but they can not do it all without the support of the off-road community.

I forecast, if the lack of contribution support from others continue in our support, the $25 membership fee of today, will be $250 in way of trail passes tomorrow; or worst yet, signs saying: NO TRUCKS ALLOWED.

www.of4wd.com
    ZZ
    PitBoyz Family: Honour, Loyalty, & Integrity
    Membership has its Privileges
    Proud JeepKings & OF4WD Member #2528

Time Online: 5 Hrs 21 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Well put Dave
    PITBOYZ WILD CHILD
    PITBOYZ BRAMPTON CHAPTER (PB4L)
    OF4WD member # 2543

www.Pitboyz.ca

TEAM MOTIVE MEDIA

God made all people..... and Smith and Wessen made them equal.

Time Online: 4 Mins 31 Secs
    i dont think a trail pass is all that bad really , if it went towards preserving trails , i personally would have no problem pay 200 a year on a permit as long as it just wasnt a cash grab. Or a private park which i personally think thats where this sport is heading just too bad wont be any in southern ont that offer decent challenging stuff.
    xj with stuff

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 35 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    ^^ When have you known any government policy or intervention not to be over priced, which the government calls an administration fee?

However, in order to preserve the right to use the trails, this may very well be the direction it is headed. But, take into account if this happens, the trails will be limited because they will now need to be managed. The free thousands of acres of crown land we all enjoy today, very well could turn into selected area's, with the remaining areas with posted signs: NO MOTORIZED VECHICLES ALLOWED.

As for private parks: have you seen the price of land, this is not to mention the cost of liability insurance for such a recreational area?
    ZZ
    Last edited by ZZTEC; 02-23-2008 at 02:45 AM.

Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Hrs 59 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 28 Secs
    Ontario Trails Strategy: http://www.mhp.gov.on.ca/english/spo...gy/default.asp

Ontario Trails Council: http://www.ontariotrails.on.ca/

Have a look at what is happening in the states with trails.
    Consider that environmentalists are trying to get areas of northern Ontario closed to all traffic regardless of the current state of their environment.
    Environmental protection makes for good politics.
    The OFSC is the biggest of the trail recreational user groups and are feeling pressured on trail use. As such they are pretty happy to point the finger of blame on any environmental damage on the trails at ATVs and offroad trucks and try to keep us off the trails. That's their lobbyists jobs though - defer the blame to protect their group.
    As a group, offroaders are WAY behind the curve on getting their voice heard.

Draw your own conclusions but for me when I add it all up it paints a pretty bleak picture of the future of our hobby - unless we get behind the OF4WD in a big way. We need to increase our speed of influence.

i know the price of land isnt cheap down here but in areas of parry sound and east towards madoc or northern ontario its more reasonable. 500,000 could buy a nice chunk. Ganaraska forest has been running for a number of years on a permit basis and seems to be doing very well and is run by the kawartha lakes con$servation so I cant see why something similiar couldnt work elsewhere.

Time Online: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by macka View Post
    Garson isn't North, its down south
    His Garson is part of the Greater city of Sudbury. Check your map.:rolleyes:

Sean
    I'm not taking sides. I'm just defending the little space I occupy in this world!

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Days 15 Hrs 27 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 13 Secs
    ZZTEC has a very good point...now is the time to do something about it other wise it will be too late.
    If you can afford to put gas in a Jeep then you can afford the $25.00 for the membership.
    S.S.O.
    OF4WD

Time Online: 1 Hr 45 Mins 59 Secs
    I just joined I have been meaning to for a while now ..

Need to get behind the voice that supports us

just like Ham radio .. if we did not have members support the cause we would have lost a lot !!
    OF4WD member # 4799

Karolina's Border Collies
    www.Karolinabc.ca

Time Online: 5 Hrs 27 Mins 55 Secs

Come out to the AGM and see for yourself. Sitting back in your armchair cruising through posts and reading online will not come close to understanding this organization. If you, or anyone else is unknowlegeable about what direction OF4WD is taking, what they have accomplished, or if you have input for the BOD then I urge you not to sit at home on March 30th. Get in your Jeep and take a leisurely drive to Burlington and check out the organization for yourself. Oh, and connect to a great bunch of like-minded people who enjoy traversing the trails with their chosen 4x4.

Looking forward to seeing a whole bunch of people at this year's AGM
    Lindsey
    OF4WD #3239
    '03 Rubicon - never done modding! But pretty close

Ryder Photography Event Gallery Nth Degree 6" Long Arm install pics

Quote Originally Posted by Rick - VA3 RZS View Post
    I just joined I have been meaning to for a while now ..

Need to get behind the voice that supports us

just like Ham radio .. if we did not have members support the cause we would have lost a lot !!
    umm rick are not a member with uofj? if so you were already a memeber all uofj members are its paid when you pay ur dues.

Time Online: 5 Hrs 21 Mins 5 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubi Jane View Post
    Looking forward to seeing a whole bunch of people at this year's AGM
    I'm going cause Jamie was pretty ticked when I didn't make it to last years.......its still on his MSN lol...see ya there Lindz

Time Online: 1 Hr 45 Mins 59 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by 88xj View Post
    umm rick are not a member with uofj? if so you were already a memeber all uofj members are its paid when you pay ur dues.
    Yes I am a member of U of J ,

A number of members have also Joined to support the cause also

Does not hurt