TITAN / WARN Difference.

picture showing Warn Gears.

PICTURE SHOWING TITAN GEARS

WARN BRONZE BUSHING FOR SUN GEAR SHAFT

TITAN BEARING FOR SUN GEAR

WARN SLIDING RING GEAR

TITAN SLIDING RING GEAR

TOP HANDLE WARN LOWER HANDLE O-RINGS TITAN

Last edited by duncan; 03-04-2008 at 11:03 PM.

My Mood
    Busy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Wks 17 Hrs 25 Mins 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 17 Secs
    wow. thats an eye opener.
    thanks for posting that.
    now ive posted many times that id rather a used warn than a new__________
    whatever. fill in the blank.
    now im not so sure.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 23 Secs
    hey duncan, nice meeting you today.
    for the record, what warn are those gears from? also the titan?
    you were right tho, what a difference.
    looks like the titan is made from tool steel too.
    proud OF4WD member #3875

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 11 Hrs 29 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 21 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    hey duncan, nice meeting you today.
    for the record, what warn are those gears from? also the titan?
    you were right tho, what a difference.
    looks like the titan is made from tool steel too.
    The pictures are from the Warn M8000
    and the Titan 10.000.
    I do not have a TITAN 8k and i will never have one that size because the 10k is a nice compact design in both size and weight ( both titan model are ) and you have to keep in mind the Titan 10k is less than half the price ($395.00) of the Warn M8000. with this in mind even though they are two different sizes i felt the M8000 was the closest Warn to compare my Winch to as it is the cheapest Warn model available. The physical dimensions are extremely close between the M 8000 and 10k Titan.
    As far as any Feedback from Customers go with this new Model there is`nt any I am only just starting to get Feedback from the 12k model ( which is how it should be) as they have only been on the market for 12months and the feed back i am getting is from the first models and i had a fair amount of changes made to them after that model. Here are a couple of Qoutes from the first 12K models.

This message was posted by a customer on a 4x4 forum in the Northern Section of Ontario .Different Winches where being discussed he had purchased a

TITAN 12000LB WINCH

For anybody who is still on the fence about getting one of these winches, get over it. If my wife wheeled with you last summer in her Zook, this is the winch that pulled all your asses out!

This winch got used every single weekend last summer and is still going strong. These winches are not just powerful, they are also fast. No more waiting ten minutes to re-spool your cable.

Also, Duncan is well regarded by all and has a great reputation. Ok he has a penchant for Landies (Land Rovers) but he'll take care of you even if you drive a Jeep!

These winches would be a bargain even if they were priced higher than they are. There is no reason not to be properly equiped anymore. What are you waiting for?

In this next qoute the Customer had a small problem with the clutch freespool handle.

Since purchasing my Titan 12,000 lb winch for my Toyota Fj Cruiser I have been very impressed. Excellent spool time and the power this thing has....WOW. I actually pulled my neighbor out of the bush when he went off the road over a 40 % slope. His truck was a 07 1 ton dually GMC Crew Cab with a sled deck and two sleds on the back and a snow plow on the front. We strapped the back of my cruiser to a tree and the Titan pulled his truck up the slope and back on to the road. Monster power....beats all the Warn winches I had owned to date. Even the one small issue I had with the winch was dealt with by Duncan. Awesome service and good product. Excellent value, awesome winch and perfect after sale service

What makes this last comment interesting is that the gentleman above lives in alberta and he works for a recovery company that services the oil and gas line companys . he was telling me that his job is to recover Vehicles that are stuck when they are servicing /checking the pipe lines or oil exploration etc.

These winches are not just something i sell . From my point of View they are my name and as such they need to be dependable and live up to and exceed my expectations. Testing on these models never really stop as i am constantly running them and stripping down to make sure there are no problems with chipped gears/ shavings etc.
    Cheers.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 49 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    How much are those things Duncan? The 12k one.
    Do they use the Warn mounting pattern?

PM me if ya want.
    I want a Grand Wagoneer!!

03 Tracker LT - DD
    96 Talon TSI AWD - Jack Stand Queen That's Almost Running Again
    08 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5" BB, 33" BFGs (Hers)