Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: JKM XJ Build

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 8 Hrs 25 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 14 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JKMotorsports View Post
    . Also REALLY need a new front Driveshaft. Anyone?
    stock XJ shaft what your looking for?

Welcome to JeepKings, where men are men, and sheep are nervous
    put your seatbelt on, i wanna try something
    screw a farmer.................everyone else does

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    Front XJ Drive Shaft. I have to shorten it about 2.5" because of the D300, but the splines on mine have too much play.
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 8 Hrs 25 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 14 Secs
    hmm, i have a couple here but one has a bit of play in it aswell. i was going to keep it around for a spare

Well I just started looking. Was going to swing by the local junkyard, Ya you know that place!!!!! Just it sounds SOOO scary in 4wd that I think something is going to grenade!!!

Time Online: 7 Mths 4 Days 31 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Mins 39 Secs
    i have one that my best friend gave me. he says its from a jeep cherokee. i'm not sure, i dont know the difference, but if you want , i could take a pic and measure it. you can have it for free. i'm in exeter often enough to meet u where ever to give it to u.

Depends on how much slop. Length isn't a big deal. Chances are it's and XJ and I'm chopping it up anyways.

Seeing as mine is screwed we have a PTO Shaft from on of our snow blowers that grenaded a yoke. It's going to become my new Front Driveshaft because I got nothing to lose

well, if you want this shaft i have here, i will be in Exeter today . its yours if you want to have a go at it.. just pm me before 11 am. if you dont get this by then, i will be in exeter tomorrow around noon.

A Little more done.
    Basically just been cleaning up the rough edges and wiring, but got a bit more then that done.
    Shackle Relocate. 1/2 plate is a little over kill but it was laser cut to the almost right shape and free. Just need a little taken off the bottom as the shackle hits it at hard angles. Rides WAY different now.

Tire carrier. Made it fold down due to lack of swing hinge room due to my narrow bumper. I could'nt get it so swing past the side of the jeep so I could get the hatch open without placing the tire at an odd spot and blocking my taillights. It fold down far enough just to get the hatch open, but a little grinding will get it lower like I want. Unmounts in seconds as I don't want a 200lb tire hanging off the back everyday.

looks good! i see you finally got the doors back on. was may 2-4 too chilly? lol

Nope. Playing MR. Mom and droping/picking up the son at the babysitters now that the wife is back to work. She doesn't want the doors of. Sucks when the window don't roll down and I have time to find out why.

So Roadkill Killed my leafs. So in my search of trying to find replacement stockers I found none. So I'm linking it. I owe alot of this inspiration to Chrisbuilt, but I'm changing it a bit. I was going to go for a 1 link, but after hearing some of his compliants on so much travel on a panhard bar, and having different plan in the past, I happened to have the parts for something different, (aka more links) so away I go.

Yes Airbags, these are freebees from a buddy but they are WAY to big. Collasped they only give my 2" uptravel when I have my rig specked for 7". But they will work for mock up. My bags I have on order give 15.6" travel.

And hard to see around the toddler toys but got to love showing up a a friends and getting HP D44's for the cost of lifting it into the back of my truck!!

This is a build I hope will take longer to get parts (aka Bags) then it will to fab as I DD this thing most days (hopefully not for much longer!!!)
    Last edited by JKMotorsports; 07-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Some recent shots. I need full width axles now unless I want to seriously limit my suspension travel. I have a friend lining up a couple FF14bolts or a D70 with a D60 front for REAL CHEAP for me. hopefully he can come through, he has every other time.

I have 3+ more inches of droop, but the floor is there.

As you can see at full bump my 62.5WMS is to narrow. I already have 2" spacers on the axles (Scout D44s are NARROW!!!) so that's no option either. I'll limit it till it gets 1tonned.