• Doesnt matter to me...

14 21.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OF4WD Forum

Hybrid View

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

OF4WD Forum

The forum is down and will be for at least another week. continueation of the forum is in question as ther really has not been very much traffic on it.

actually i think i will put it to a poll...

DO YOU SEE VALUE IN THE OF4WD FORUM
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Hrs 43 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    not really, since I signed up for of4wd and wasn't even allowed to view the board... before it was shut down
    Ahhhh some people just never grow up, but that's Okay; our world needs people like you to add comedy in our lives

Time Online: 1 Hr 55 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Never use it, registered but it won't accept my password. Followed all the instructions, sent a message to the admins.

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 54 Mins 25 Secs
    I think the board has its merrits, it gives the organisation a way to communicate with general public as well. If they do decide to scrap it, then I think it would be a good idea to still have the web page, but have a small section on each of the main chat sites to communicate with the members.
    OF4WD Member #5196

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 8 Hrs 45 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 23 Secs
    i use it quite often, even tho there isn't much traffic, it is still informative from time to time, regarding trail issues and whatnot.

it tends to get most use just after campNL.

however, most posts were from mike when he was prez. still a very informative read especially for newbs.
    Last edited by caged; 04-07-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    proud OF4WD member #3875

Time Online: 10 Hrs 16 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    I think it still serves a purpose as already stated above. If there is very little traffic, then I would assume there is virtually no maintainance required and therefore might as well be left.
    '07 JK - Rescue Green
    Rhino Lined
    2.5" Suspension Lift
    Heavy Duty Bumpers/Rock Sliders
    32"x10.5"x16" Tires
    12000 lbs Winch
    Long Range Lights/Fog Lights

http://webstyles.ca/JeepKings/OF4WD-...d-Sig-Line.jpg

LugNutz is offline President of Post Whore Guild
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 16 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    I voted for and will say that they should keep it due to the fact there are quite a few misguided and misinformed people who enjoy the sport of offroading in vehicles other than Jeeps.. Crazy as that sounds, but it's true
    While I belive it would be worthwhile for the OF4WD to have a dedicated thread section here on JeepKings, where they could post up news and bulletins to our large and enlightend members, we do have to remember there are others who belong to different sites. Some of these sites are vehicle specific such as Land Rovers and Nissan Exteras, and those people wouldn't normally think of surfing a Jeep site. They should keep it running, and perhaps have a few mirror Threads on the popular offroad sites, so we can spread the word to as many as possible.
    You never truly know your limits until you exceed them....

Time Online: 10 Hrs 16 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    ^ x2

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 15 Hrs 50 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 47 Secs
    This is a jeep site? That explains a lot...

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 2 Mins 50 Secs
    JK does not represent the OF4WD, and it should stay as a separate entity.

It would be good of the OF4WD posted more information - more often on their own forum to provide information in regards to their efforts - that would help members and the public understand what's happening between AGM's.
    ----------------------
    Justin
    2012 Subaru WRX STi
    1996 Dodge RAM 1500
    2009 CAN-AM Outlander 650 MAX XT

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 5 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    yea i signed up and everything but it wont accept my name and password
    S.S.O
    OF4WD#4900

1990 XJ Cammed 4.0L/AW4, 4" Skyjacker coils w/2" spacer, BDS adjustable arms, Adjustable trac bar, Rugged Ridge steering5.5" RE leafs, custom front and rear bumpers, D30 lockrite, D35 W/Disc brakes,XTREME stop rotors, Hella 550's, OBA, 33"MTR'S LOTS OF STICKERS!!

Time Online: 5 Hrs 27 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    I voted to keep it open. Regardless of the traffic the OF4WD forum gets, the association should have their own place to not only disseminate information, but where people can discuss issues of OF4WDs interest.

Should it be a closed, member-only forum and out of sight from the public? It could be, but there has to be a designate who will act promptly to help members get access when they have issues.

I think dedicating a section on JeepKings for OF4WD is narrow minded. Not everyone comes to this site and only discussing OF4WD issues on this site would alienate a good portion of the members. Would OF4WD request a forum section on Uof J, National 4WD Club, Jeep Company and all the other member club's forums? Who would post the same information on multiple sites? Who would keep up with all the discussions.

**Keep the OF4WD forum open
    **Designate an administrator that will act within a reasonable time frame to get members access & manage password issues
    **Designate a BOD to post pertinent information to the OF4WD forum, moderate threads and most importantly be a voice on those threads.
    Lindsey
    OF4WD #3239
    '03 Rubicon - never done modding! But pretty close

Ryder Photography Event Gallery Nth Degree 6" Long Arm install pics

LugNutz is offline President of Post Whore Guild
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 16 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubi Jane View Post
    I think dedicating a section on JeepKings for OF4WD is narrow minded. Not everyone comes to this site and only discussing OF4WD issues on this site would alienate a good portion of the members. Would OF4WD request a forum section on Uof J, National 4WD Club, Jeep Company and all the other member club's forums? Who would post the same information on multiple sites? Who would keep up with all the discussions.
    I do agree that having OPEN forums on multiple sites wouldn't be a good idea, because as mentioned, you would have to belong to all the sites if you really wanted to keep up with all the discussions. However having a Closed thread (similar to our JK News and Announcement section) on a few major sites would be very beneficial and would help spread the latest news and information to people new to the sport or not currently members of the OF4WD. This would be a read only section, moderated by a OF4WD Director, where they could simply cut and paste any current announcements, possibly with a link at the bottom that would take OF4WD members to their main forum where they would be allowed to post comments and questions for all to see. By doing this, it would help spread awareness of what the OF4WD is doing for the sport, keep all discussions controlled and in one location, and would make it easy for everyone to keep up on current events and issues.

The forum management has changed hands with the recent BOD acclamations and Courtney is working very hard to get it back up and running for the new members that have not been able to join... progress is being made and it should be up soon

Thanks for everyone's input, and your thoughts will be brought up at the BOD meeting, this weekend

JK and the OF4WD are 2 different entities, but that doesn't mean there cant be a partnerships in sharing information with the JK members... lets face it, there is MUCH more traffic on this site then the OF4WD forum. It would easier to get the message to the masses if we put a mirror thread here on JK, along with our existing OF4WD Forum thread.. My personal mandate is to try to make sure everyone has a voice and your thoughts and ideas need to heard. With out you there would be no OF4WD.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Rando; 04-08-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: thanks Lugz

the OF4WD didnt ask JK for a section... it was offered by the owner. and i was just simply putting it out there. personally i dont see any harm in it

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 3 Mths 4 Days 14 Hrs 20 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 46 Secs
    I think that The OF4WD should be posting information on a regular on all the Forums of the clubs that they represent. JK is a great place to show people what the OF4WD is doing. I think that because there was no trafic on the site many people get the feeling that OF4WD is not doingto much.
    Professional lunatic
    TJ V3.0 in the works "This is only temporary, unless uhhhh..... it works."
    I get confused once numbers get bigger than I can count on my appendages. I'm only good up to 21!
    one quarter turn before something breaks is a good torque spec.

Time Online: 5 Hrs 27 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by H8TO WRK View Post
    I think that The OF4WD should be posting information on a regular on all the Forums of the clubs that they represent. JK is a great place to show people what the OF4WD is doing. I think that because there was no trafic on the site many people get the feeling that OF4WD is not doingto much.
    I don't disagree with disseminating the info across other forums, especially member club forums. Maybe I interpreted the option to post on JK INSTEAD of having a OF4WD forum. That I personally feel would be a cop-out. The association should have its own place for discussion. In an OF4WD BOD had to keep up posts on a dozen other sites I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the volunteer time of the BOD. If the OF4WD sent information to the key contact of each member club and that in turn was posted on the member club forums by the club, now we're talking a little more efficiently, not to mention more commitment from the clubs to share info.

As for people asking "what has the OF4WD done for me" - the OFTR (dirt bikers) have nailed this on the head. They communicate to their members on a frequent basis via direct email and the emails get posted up on the member club forums/sites. I'm not even a member of the OFTR (my hubby is) and I know more about what they are doing for the dirt bikers and trail access than the OF4WD because they make the effort to tell me in a way I don't have to look for the information. I discussed this approach with Peter Wood at the AGM and volunteered my time to manage a regular email newsletter for the OF4WD provided content & information was provided to some degree. I do these mass emails to my client list and it's effective. The emails hit your inbox rather than getting lost in a mass of discussion threads.

If the OF4WD want help with such a communication tool you know where to find me

I agree... i will bring it up on Sunday

People keep saying 'what has the OF4WD done dor me?" i take that as meaning we need to be more visable

on the other hand... if you will pardon the analogy... kinda like a steady defenceman... if he is doing a good job, he hardly gets noticed
    Last edited by Rando; 04-08-2008 at 05:48 PM.

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 3 Mths 4 Days 14 Hrs 20 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 46 Secs
    Yup I agree I know they are doing great work. However for the people who are unshure of the OF4WD,the more visible they are the easier it is for people to join. And a growing membership that reflect the values of OF4WD is what it needs right now to grow and expand what it can do. i believe that Visibility is what will take the OF4WD over the top in the next few years

Time Online: 1 Day 12 Hrs 2 Mins 50 Secs
    cross-Posting would be appreciation... Keeps everyone informed incase they have not been over to the OF4WD site in awhile.