Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    My first BOD meeting tomorrow

let me know whats on your mind, and i will bring it up

thanks
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

Time Online: 5 Hrs 27 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by H8TO WRK View Post
    I think that The OF4WD should be posting information on a regular on all the Forums of the clubs that they represent. JK is a great place to show people what the OF4WD is doing. I think that because there was no trafic on the site many people get the feeling that OF4WD is not doingto much.
    I don't disagree with disseminating the info across other forums, especially member club forums. Maybe I interpreted the option to post on JK INSTEAD of having a OF4WD forum. That I personally feel would be a cop-out. The association should have its own place for discussion. In an OF4WD BOD had to keep up posts on a dozen other sites I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the volunteer time of the BOD. If the OF4WD sent information to the key contact of each member club and that in turn was posted on the member club forums by the club, now we're talking a little more efficiently, not to mention more commitment from the clubs to share info.

As for people asking "what has the OF4WD done for me" - the OFTR (dirt bikers) have nailed this on the head. They communicate to their members on a frequent basis via direct email and the emails get posted up on the member club forums/sites. I'm not even a member of the OFTR (my hubby is) and I know more about what they are doing for the dirt bikers and trail access than the OF4WD because they make the effort to tell me in a way I don't have to look for the information. I discussed this approach with Peter Wood at the AGM and volunteered my time to manage a regular email newsletter for the OF4WD provided content & information was provided to some degree. I do these mass emails to my client list and it's effective. The emails hit your inbox rather than getting lost in a mass of discussion threads.

If the OF4WD want help with such a communication tool you know where to find me
    Lindsey
    OF4WD #3239
    '03 Rubicon - never done modding! But pretty close

Ryder Photography Event Gallery Nth Degree 6" Long Arm install pics

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 3 Mths 4 Days 8 Hrs 36 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 46 Secs
    Ribi Jane that is exactly what I was thinking you were just able to put it into words better than I, thanks.

"they make the effort to tell me in a way I don't have to look for the information" Hits the nail on the head

I think that a regular e-mail newsletter is a great Idea!
    Professional lunatic
    TJ V3.0 in the works "This is only temporary, unless uhhhh..... it works."
    I get confused once numbers get bigger than I can count on my appendages. I'm only good up to 21!
    one quarter turn before something breaks is a good torque spec.

there is no disagreement that we need to get the info on the progress we have made out there.

i must have not put it correctly because the same things that Rubi Jane is concerned about came up at the board meeting. i didnt mean to make JK the sole provider of information handed down by the Of4WD, just to take advantage of the generous offer from British Bulldog, to have our own section.

A mass email is a great idea... i hope we can get this to work.

thanks to everyone for their support!

Time Online: 5 Hrs 27 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    A mass email is a great idea... i hope we can get this to work.
    Now's the time... get an issue out before everyone starts rolling on the trails for the May 24. I'm sure there's 4 or 5 newsworthy stories to disseminate.

OFTR just released their April newsletter - they have cool trail signs going up to let riders know where they can ride in Simcoe Forest. Now my husband will know to look for these signs when he goes to Simcoe. That's what I call talking to your audience.

Thank you i will get on it