Thread: need some help with MTO

Time Online: 1 Day 1 Hr 13 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

need some help with MTO

Here's the problem.
    I own a car that is registered in a family member's name, which means that they have to go in and renew the plates. The last time they went in they didn't know the actual km's so they told the mto that it had 250 000 km's when it really had 180 000 km's.
    Now that I would like to buy something else this is going to be a problem.
    I don't know if the mto will change this if I go in and talk to them?

I didn't know if I could take it to a mechanic and have them verify that to car's odometer has not been tampered with.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this, or if anyone knew if it can be fixed?

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Days 15 Hrs 27 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 15 Secs
    why not give MTO a call and run through the problem over the phone and ask them how to fix it? I'm sure this is not the first time this has happened.
    S.S.O.
    OF4WD

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 35 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    I don't really think the MTO uses the renewal information for major issues like mileage rollover and such. Considering they don't even get the model numbers, colours, etc, right on the Ownerships most of the time.
    I would just go in and put the correct KM's down, and ask the question while you are there.
    ZZ
    PitBoyz Family: Honour, Loyalty, & Integrity
    Membership has its Privileges
    Proud JeepKings & OF4WD Member #2528

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Yep, just write the correct mileage down. I screwed up one year, fixed it the next, no questions.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZTEC View Post
    I don't really think the MTO uses the renewal information for major issues like mileage rollover and such. Considering they don't even get the model numbers, colours, etc, right on the Ownerships most of the time.
    I would just go in and put the correct KM's down, and ask the question while you are there.
    ZZ
    I know the KMs show up on a used vehicle package. So its either the sticker renewal, or e-test data they use.

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Days 15 Hrs 27 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 15 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD DAWG View Post
    I know the KMs show up on a used vehicle package. So its either the sticker renewal, or e-test data they use.
    the KM's on the used vehicle package are what ever is written on the ownership every time the vehicle is register to another owner... nothing to do with the sticker renewal or e-test data.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz&stonez View Post
    the KM's on the used vehicle package are what ever is written on the ownership every time the vehicle is register to another owner... nothing to do with the sticker renewal or e-test data.
    Thats what I thought originally too. But about a month ago I sold my Jeep, and it showed about 4,000 KMs less than the actual odometer reading. 6 years of ownership and I certainly put more than 4k on it, and the odometer worked fine. But I'm pretty sure I only put about 4k since my last e-test or plate renewal.

I guess it makes sense, if a car had only one owner, 15 years down the road, would it still say less than a 100 KMs?

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Well it wont screw up the MTO records, but it could screw the CARFAX if someone looks it up, as CARFAX takes the records every time the sticker is renewed.