Thread: quick question

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

quick question

went muddin..jeep ran like shit....hooked up obd reader....bad throtle position sensor...got new one..put it in...now when I fire her up she idles at like 2500 to start then calms down to like 2000 idle when it warms up ..what up? 2.5 97 tj......................did I do something wrong?
    Last edited by dirtydee420; 04-14-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Time Online: 20 Hrs 15 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    yes, im guessing you didn't adjust it properly...or at all. get a multimeter and tune it in. it will run much better and eliminate the high idle.

try searching ADJUSTING the TPS

Nav

Check out the Air idle servo. The tps shouldn't need any adjusting. Had the same problem with my old 97 tj 2.5 . Might just need to give the throttle body and air idle servo a cleaning.
    2000 TJ 4.0L, 4" skyjacker, 1" BL, 1" MML, bushwacker flares, warn rock sliders, 35" Swamper LTB's, oversize spare carrier, detroit truetrac 44 rear, detroit truetrac super 30 front, stainless windshield/door hinges, 62mm TB, cold air intake, fuel management sys. ORO U-Turn steering system, SYE & CV DS, Adj. Uppers.

at first I thought I installed it improperly because it doesnt line up exactly had to sort of turn it to line it up with the throttle and turn it back....thats what I did first then I tried it by turning back the throttle so it looked to wide open to me then it fired up at like crazy rpm so I dont know. so its still idling high but the wife dont mind atleast she has easy take off since she dont drive stick really. but I'm sure its crushing the gas.

Time Online: 20 Hrs 15 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    I'm positive your problem is you haven't adjusted it. I adjusted mine after I installed it. Took me less than five minuets to do. Get a multimeter. At the price of gas it's in your best interest.

Nav