Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OBA finally !!!

Time Online: 4 Days 17 Hrs 42 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs

OBA finally !!!

well i finally got everything that was needed to start my OBA project on the 4.2L, after waiting all winter and not having a garage im super excited and i hope to ged it works and doesnt leak anywere... LOL

but first off for x-mas wife gave me a electric compressor that she knew i wanted for x-mas so i started taking it all apart, bonus is that it has the guages, pressure switch, relief valve etc.... only thing i needed to buy were mics fittings, and a air manifold

so i got most of my parts from Princess Auto, and a few from CT and what not...

but i first was trying to figure out how and what to use to connect to my original A/C line for the intake and outtake lines... so i was chatting with dvsjeep and he said get a place to press on a hydraulic fitting to accept a 3/8" air line.... so found someone local to get that done, and man it made that a fart load easier lol....

but here are some pics as im sure everyone wants to see hehehehe......

this is the hydraulic fitting i got pressed on my outtake line

here are some pics of it connected to the air line i have routed through the firewall...

Last edited by 89_Jeeper; 05-11-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    I Like My Women Like I Like My Jeeps..... Wet And Dirty!!
    89 YJ Islander 4.2L, SOA d30/d44 lock rite locker, tj shafts/297 u joints, 35x16x15 boggers, custom wrap bar, 15x10 american racing rims, AA SYE, Warn 8274, custom front/rear bumper, fog lights, teraflex high steer, 1 ton tie rods ends, 40 series flowmaster, leather xj power seats - SOLD!!
    81 camaro, TH350, 468BBC - SOLD!!

here is were i routed the air line through the fire wall, original spot were the A/C line came through fromt he compressor, fits perfect

here is a pic of the air manifold assembled before install, along with the tank as well....

here is a pic of the intake hose that runs right off the compressor, just a small valve cover filter is in it, and i also have a in line oiler to go in that line later

here are some pics of the install of the air manifold and tank form this morning

still have a bunch of stuff to do, like wire up the switch to a empty fuse panel spot, and then run the wire from the compressor the pressure switch, and then ground out my compressor.....and put on the compressor the intake hose, along with my in oiler and then set up the adjuster on my in line oiler, and then i belive that all should be all done...

whats ya guys think ? any suggestion or anything ? good bad ?

thanks Rob

Time Online: 3 Days 18 Hrs 40 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 18 Secs
    looks good bud should work nice but I would double clamp or use F.I. clamps on the hoses so they don't come off when bouncing around on the trails. just a sugestion.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    Run your Intake for the pump to you PCV to oil the pump. Works good.

You fiqured out the wiring. Sorry completely forgot to look for ya.
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

ya dude, i actually have a in line oiler in it right now, and it is set for 3 drips for 2 mins..

just finished everything pretty except the toggle switch put in the dash but i couldnt wait to test it lol...

1st test turned out bad ended up mixing up my intake and outtake hose HAHAHAHA so i swapped the blocks on the top of the compressor and now she works.... prolly takes like 30 secs at most to fill from 0-100psi thats just a guess i can get better numbers tomorrow when i finish the dash and shit.....

but the 2nd test basically just set the oiler up, and made sure the pressure switch hut off and came on when it suppose to, and she did now im happy hehehehe, hopefully it will do me some good sometime...

here are a couple pics of the wiring for ya guys as well, i will grab some more pics 2morrow once i get the toggle put in the dash and get it all tucked outta the way..

Last edited by 89_Jeeper; 05-03-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Time Online: 5 Days 19 Hrs 2 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 28 Secs
    that looks sweet rob, good job...are you going to run air tools too?
    love my 2.5

well, i dunno, since i dont have any air tools i would say no at the moment.. LOL but i might end up getting a impact or rachet to throw and leave in the jeep if ever needed to change a tire or something like that you know alot easier then pulling it by hand lol... we will see how well it worsk for airing up when i do some time test 2morrow...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 49 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    Nice man.
    I need to finish mine.
    I want a Grand Wagoneer!!

03 Tracker LT - DD
    96 Talon TSI AWD - Jack Stand Queen That's Almost Running Again
    08 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5" BB, 33" BFGs (Hers)

Time Online: 15 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    nice setup. i had the same thing. just remember to check that theres enough oil in that oiler. burnt out my compressor on the last one.
    Keepin it Rude and Wreckless since 1985

Pretty Good.

03 Dodge 2500Ram 4x4
    5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel

If it ain't smokin' It must be Broken|
    VE3TWT

yea, there some small tubes on the side of the oiler that show how full it is and all, so i prolly check damn near every time i open the hood like i do with everything else

thanks for the comments so far guys......

i'll post up pics 2morrow once i get the toggle and dash put all back in together and get everything all zip tied in nicely

Time Online: 6 Days 14 Hrs 36 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 32 Secs
    Lookin good man. Look forward to checking out first hand.......heheheh
    Tim
    '98 XJ 2dr. 3" and 33" ATs --His--
    '99 XJ 4dr. 3" and 31 AT's --Hers--
    '72 J4000 --Ours?--

It's all good.

ya dude, just slide over anytime if ya want...

well i just did a test to see how long it would take for the tire to fill up from 12psi to 20 psi in a 35x16x15 bogger...

it takes longer to let the air out then it does to fill it lol... took roughly a min to fill from 12-20psi give or take didnt have a watch or anything just guessing felt like a min LOL...

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JKMotorsports View Post
    Run your Intake for the pump to you PCV to oil the pump. Works good.
    Please explain! Wouldn't that pull a vacuum on the block? No worries about sucking seals in or anything?

Looks like you got nice, simple high-output system on there. And Princess, at least the Hamilton one, has tons of hydraulic fittings and will clean/crimp them no charge (if you buy theirs, of course).
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    Yes it would pull a vacuum on you Crank Case. That's the point of a PCV (Positive Crankcase VACUUM) Setup. Ever seen a Non Boosted motor with an aftermarket FI Setup and the the person does not place a check valve in the PCV setup or run it to open vent. Ring lands don't end up too pretty.

well been a few days since i was able to post due to the new job and all....and i finally got the switch and dash back all together and thought i would post a few last pics for some of ya.. toggle switch on top of OBA red switch is electric fan, switch under the dash lip there just a extra one from lights before.... but would like to put a toggle switch in with a light on the top of the switch... just have to get one sometime and put in as well, another day when i get time

thanks for looking

Time Online: 2 Hrs 8 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Nice job. Do you have any way of draining water from the tank? I put an automatic drain from PA on my tank with a hose going outside through the wheel well.

The one detail I don't see here and I'm curious to see, what compressor and brackets are you running?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Yj_Driver View Post
    Nice job. Do you have any way of draining water from the tank? I put an automatic drain from PA on my tank with a hose going outside through the wheel well.

The one detail I don't see here and I'm curious to see, what compressor and brackets are you running?

Richard
    well the drain was a tire vavle i just put my chuck on it and drain after use, also the compressor is a STOCK 4.2L a/c unit converted is all

hope that helps ya out

thanks Rob

Time Online: 1 Day 7 Hrs 57 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    just curious where did you pick up the switch? having a hard time finding the small one instead of the large compressor type.
    if its broke...I didnt do it besides I have never even seen her before honest

i got mine when i used all the parts from a electric compressor, cheaper that way IMO, or you can buy one from kilby enterprises http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/psw1.htm

or maybe princess auto has them that small but im not sure if they do i didnt see any when i was there ....

hope thats helps ya out ....