Thread: New custom HD LCA's

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 1 Min 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs

New custom HD LCA's

Well, thanks to Black Jeep and all his hard work yesterday I finally have LCA's on my heap that don't shake, rattle and roll like a bad Elvis song.

We had to cut ALL the hiem joint end sleeves out thanks in part to the fact that the Skycrapper hiems use a steel sleeve that basically welds itself to the bolt.

Once all the work with the fire wrench was done it was smooth sailing installing the custom fully adjustable HD LCA's fab'd by Black Jeep, bushings at both ends and HOLY CRAP does it ever ride nicer than the old hiem arms.

Once again, thanks to Ian for the arms and for all the hard work you did yesterday.
    Last edited by JB70; 05-04-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    OF4WD 5435
    2dr - 2010 - Rubicon
    Cake bakers united

Time Online: 5 Days 12 Hrs 38 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs

Time Online: 6 Days 3 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Secs
    Those look awesome, have anymore detail on them? What style bushing did you use? Just a stock style? I am in need of some LCA's soon and for the price of them I may as well save and get Long arms.... So if I can fab some up that would be great for now.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time Online: 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 1 Min 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 40 Secs
    We used bushings that are meant for GM springs, they were pretty reasonable in price (PM me if you want the part mumber).

As far as the actual construction of them, they are sleeved inside the whole length of the threaded side, believe the outer tube is 1/4" DOM and the sleeve is also 1/4", with about 3" of greesable adjustment.

I am REALLY impressed with the ride improvement over the hiems used by skyjacker, it's like night and day.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 1 Day 7 Hrs 50 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    Looks great! Good job.
    Bring back the Cherokee http://www.petitiononline.com/Cherokee/petition.html

say what you want about my wife, leave my jeeps out of it.
    93 HO, 4.5" skyjacker lift, taurus fan, H4 lights, champion 8000lbs winch, custom home made front bumper, rear hitch, 136 amp alternator, 5-90's full mains set replacement with main fuse. High idle on switch, rear cargo area full extension drawer cabinet. Dual Batteries, Sanden oba and removable doors.V8 ZJ tie rod replacement with OTK insert.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 54 Secs
    who installed your lift originally?
    was it a shop or did you do the install yourself?