Thread: 08JK nightmare

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

08JK nightmare

Ok guys!! I will take my cj7 of 20 yrs ago back any time if this JK is this hard to mod...

Just got the 08 heep 1st of April unlimited X,As of now I have only done cosmedic addons,(seat covers,window vents etc etc..) The other day I posted asking if 15" rims would work and got mixed answers so Bought them anyways.... to find out that Jeep changed to 5 on 5" bolt pattern. So .. today picked up 5 on4.5 spacers and the new rubbers will work.....so I thought, but i find out that the 08 studs are an odd duck 1/2"and finding the right size lug nut to fit the spacers so they are flush to mount the new rubber is almost impossable,but tomorrow is a new day and i'm going to find them so I can take this thing wheeling on Sunday.
    My Cj was so easy it almost hurts thinking about her..
    Oh !! upgrading to 31-10.5-15 Mickeys (htz'S) on DC1 rims... they look nice sitting beside the JK....lol

Time Online: 1 Hr 37 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    at least you have an aftermarket..... try modding a KJ... there's more stuff available in 1 yr for the JK, than in 7 years for the KJ
    06 Renny- 35" SuperSwampers on 15" Pro-Comp Rockers, Flowmaster 40, CobraCB & 48"Wilson, Lifted, Stick, Armoured, & Muddy... THANX ROCKSPYDER4X4 http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...68866_2834.jpghttp://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...68852_7551.jpg

Time Online: 16 Hrs 39 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    Just return em, and buy my 08 Rubicon Rims and Tires... it'll be cheaper, and you'll get factory stuff! Just wait until you put the new rims and tires on, and then your tire pressure monitoring systems goes haywire because you don't have the sensors in em. Do your research!

Time Online: 2 Days 2 Hrs 29 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Secs
    CJ/WJ/WK/JK are all 5 on 5 I believe. (If not,they're all the same anyway). So while the bolt pattern may not be as common as 5 on 4.5, it still isn't an oddball.

By the way, don't 32s fit on a stock JK?

LC.
    So I installed the flux capacitor but the Jeep just won't do 88 mph.

- '97 TJ, 4" Superlift, 33" SSRs, lunchboxed rear, 12K Titan, and 2.5 litres of exhillirating performance

- '99 WJ Limited 4.7, 2" RC BB, 31" Mall-Terrains, Pavement Princess

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 59 Secs
    upgrading to 31s ????
    32sx10.5 are stock tires.. your kind of going backwards

and as for 15s.. yes some will fit.. some will not
    when you bought your rims you should have checked the bolt pattern oo buythe way DC-1 do not come in our bolt pattern in 15s for the JK
    only 16s for the DC-1.. the seller should have told you that.. I would question the place you went to.. but on a good note
    there nice ****ing rims....very good choice.. (eagle makes a knock off and i believe there in 15s in out bolt pattern) see just jeeps may sale i think 129 a rim
    the JKs are one of the easiest rigs to mod.. not to mention one of the better
    stock jeeps sold.. i have had no issues with my 07 you just need to do some home work
    as Jeep has changed everything from 06 going into the 07 JK
    but theres lots out there and easy to mod...
    Last edited by PHREAKGEEK; 05-16-2008 at 09:20 AM.
    Jeeps, Bitches and Guns... Nuf Said

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 54 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JK108 View Post
    Ok guys!! I will take my cj7 of 20 yrs ago back any time if this JK is this hard to mod...

Just got the 08 heep 1st of April unlimited X,As of now I have only done cosmedic addons,(seat covers,window vents etc etc..) The other day I posted asking if 15" rims would work and got mixed answers so Bought them anyways.... to find out that Jeep changed to 5 on 5" bolt pattern. So .. today picked up 5 on4.5 spacers and the new rubbers will work.....so I thought, but i find out that the 08 studs are an odd duck 1/2"and finding the right size lug nut to fit the spacers so they are flush to mount the new rubber is almost impossable,but tomorrow is a new day and i'm going to find them so I can take this thing wheeling on Sunday.
    My Cj was so easy it almost hurts thinking about her..
    Oh !! upgrading to 31-10.5-15 Mickeys (htz'S) on DC1 rims... they look nice sitting beside the JK....lol
    With all the threads flying around on the different rims and such, you didnt feel the need to research the bolt pattern on your truck? Did you tell your supplier what the rims were being installed on? I think any aftermarket supplier would know the bolt pattern of the vehicle to be fitted, unless you tell them you wanted something different. Jeep now has 3 different bolt patterns. They are: the large bolt pattern fits the CJ, also fits ford full size pickups and suzuki samurai, tracker etc. The standard jeep pattern which fits YJ, TJ, XJ, MJ, KJ. And the new JKs, which are also the same as chevy astro and early 1/2 tonne vans and trucks....

Quote Originally Posted by bLITZ View Post
    at least you have an aftermarket..... try modding a KJ... there's more stuff available in 1 yr for the JK, than in 7 years for the KJ
    I would agree with you, but only half way... I did a little research on the KJ and found alot of products available for that vehicle. The reason there are more products for the JK is that it was built to be abused ( for lack of a better term ) off road. The KJ ( IMO ) is an SUV which can be modded to go offroad but is not as popular as the JK, so it doesnt have as large a following. But the parts are available for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Just return em, and buy my 08 Rubicon Rims and Tires... it'll be cheaper, and you'll get factory stuff! Just wait until you put the new rims and tires on, and then your tire pressure monitoring systems goes haywire because you don't have the sensors in em. Do your research!

Does the X package have the tire pressure monitoring system? Keeping in mind, as much as you want to sell your stock Rubicon rims and tires, maybe he doesnt want to put your Rubicon wheels on his X.

Quote Originally Posted by PHREAKGEEK View Post
    upgrading to 31s ????
    32sx10.5 are stock tires.. your kind of going backwards

and as for 15s.. yes some will fit.. some will not
    when you bought your rims you should have checked the bolt pattern oo buythe way DC-1 do not come in our bolt pattern in 15s for the JK
    only 16s for the DC-1.. the seller should have told you that.. I would question the place you went to..

Im not sure that the X had 32's. According to Jeep.com, the Wrangler X was shod with 225 75 R 16 in stock form... I found that out by doing 2 minutes of research....

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 59 Secs
    the X models in 07 came with 32s
    the X and Sahara and rubi had 32s.. X was a 16 rim.. the Sahara was a 17 with option to upgrade to 18s.. ALL models ie 4dr and 2dr
    the 08s X 2dr now come with 225s. but only the 2dr.. the 4dr come with 32s. so i guess hes got the 2dr
    thats research done when i purchased my JK in 06.. i went through all the options and non options at the time of purchase.
    Last edited by PHREAKGEEK; 05-16-2008 at 11:46 AM.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 54 Secs
    the X is the peasant package ( base model ) isnt it?

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Days 15 Hrs 27 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 13 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by DYNNOMMYTE View Post
    the X is the peasant package ( base model ) isnt it?
    yes it is...
    S.S.O.
    OF4WD

Time Online: 16 Hrs 39 Mins 22 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    As far as I know, all 2008 vehicles are now required to have a TPMS. I need the space in the garage, so I'm pushing to sell my rims and tires... heh.