Thread: Nissan refusing warranty

Time Online: 7 Hrs 16 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

Nissan refusing warranty

A friend of mine has a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder... truck has under 10,000 kms on it. driving southbound on hwy 11 just south of webers, at about 100km/h the drivers side of the truck starts to shake and out of nowhere the front left of the truck drops to the ground and th truck pulls left and rests up against the gardrail with the whole family in the truck, the wheel came off the truck with the brake and hub assemballies attached.

Nissan says it is not there fault... I have not seen the truck in person yet but from what I have been told and can make out from the pictures it looks like the lower ball joint popped and then violently ripped out the upper...

$7000 dollars damage and nissan refuses to do anything.

This has been going on for a couple of months now and he is getting ready to go to court over it, but he does not have a liscenced mechanic to back that this was due to a manufactures defect...

The truck is located in the yard at dixie 401 nissan... If any liscenced mechanics feel like helping out he is willing to pay for your time.. let me know and I can put you in touch with him

here are some pictures

(removed)
    Last edited by someone; 07-02-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    '89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
    '98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
    '98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
    '03 VW Jetta TDI
    '78 Vette 350 4spd
    www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 55 Secs
    Tristan, give him my number...
    George 416 839 7524..

Is the dealer willing to let me look over the truck?
    Can your friend get me all service records?
    Let me know...

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

Legal Guru and Media Guru

The only thing that motivates a major corporation to do the right thing these days is negative media attention. Major corporations rely on the fact that our legal community has been corrupted by greed and that many lawyers today would sell out a small individual client in a back room deal to score points with a major corporate cash cow. I had the opportunity to meet this legal and media guru last week and I recommend your buddy retain him immediately:

HARRY "KOOL KAT" KOPYTO
    Harry Kopyto is a Toronto legal agent who has gained a reputation as a legal crusader fighting for the little guy. After 30 years of battling in the courts, he has established himself as an articulate, courageous and fearless advocate for the rights of women, tenants, minorities and dissidents. Harry Kopyto's precedent-setting cases have resulted in more than 70 decisions that have expanded the rights of his clients. Although his license to practice law was taken away from him in the late 1980's in a controversial decision which involved a split vote by the Law Society, Harry has continued to fight for the rights of the downtrodden and underprivileged. He has been described as a gadfly and a thorn in the side of the judicial system.Harry can be reached at 416-533-3343.
    Go head-to-head with Harry every Wednesday Morning on the Oakley Show from 9am - 9:30am.
    JEEPERS DO IT DIRTIER

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 55 Secs
    Too bad that Silverman is being retired...
    I will still offer to look at it for you...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 19 Mins 2 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 42 Secs
    Call the Ministry of transportation, the american NHTS, Department of transportation and the Better Buisness Bureau.

Report is to NHTS and DOT and it will start a recall investigation and mention in on a major Nissan forum. Then call Nissan Canada Head office and mention already calling a lawyer.
    83 CJ9 LS5.3/4L60E/231/B4R/D300, 8274,D60/14b,ARBs,15"airbags susp, 18"stretch 39"PITBULLS
    09 Nissan
    Ford F350 CrewCab Long box 4x4 TowPIG/dd 165"wheelbase

Time Online: 6 Days 10 Hrs 20 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 31 Secs
    at under 10,000 km's what is Nissan saying happened ?unless they can prove it was abused in some way ,I fail to see how they wouldnt be on the hook for something like this .Your buddy might wish to contact the M.T.O. and ask about making a claim against them over highway 11 maintenance ,after thats denied Nissan shouldnt have any reason to screw him over .

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins
    wow is all i can say..
    what was the reason nissan gave ??
    i mean they have to have a reason to back up thier claim
    its not there fault..
    Jeeps, Bitches and Guns... Nuf Said

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 5 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    I work for a nissan dealer.. tell him to call nissan canada and raise all living hell.. take it to the top and it will get covered.. tell him just to be the biggest ass he can be, usually works..otherwise pm me some good pics and ill take em to my service manager.. if its possible to warranty it, we will.. work is work for fawks sakes
    S.S.O
    OF4WD#4900

1990 XJ Cammed 4.0L/AW4, 4" Skyjacker coils w/2" spacer, BDS adjustable arms, Adjustable trac bar, Rugged Ridge steering5.5" RE leafs, custom front and rear bumpers, D30 lockrite, D35 W/Disc brakes,XTREME stop rotors, Hella 550's, OBA, 33"MTR'S LOTS OF STICKERS!!

Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 12 Hrs 4 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 42 Secs
    Stop phucking around and call the media..Tv will make Nissan shudder..

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    At 10k, there might not be any service records. Was the vehicle not impounded by the police? They should have inspected it there. Especially now. I would call the local police station and ask if it was inspected, and if not where it needs to be towed to so that it can be. This is mechanical failure.

Also, search the internet for Recalls on his Nissan.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 18 Hrs 5 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    no recals.. i would know of em

My Mood
    Bored
    Time Online: 2 Days 9 Hrs 17 Mins 33 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Secs
    I'm a member of the Canadian Nissan Truck Club http://cdn-ntc.ca/. We have some stories of Nissan pulling out of warranties - or trying to pull out. These stories usually relate to mods done on trucks - and we learned very quickly to photochop licence plates out of pics because Nissan was watching our site. I mention this because we have some past experience in handling Nissan, and you might be able to glean some info from the guys and gals on the site. I suggest you visit our site and ask some of the club members in which direction you should take your problem.

On the other hand, we also have some Nissan dealers who sponsor the forum/club. These guys will (and do) everything in their power to help out a club member having a problem with the corporate part of Nissan.

One of those sponsors is North End Nissan in Milton. They will happily shoot the straight info you need to get things moving in the right direction. Their phone number: (905) 878-4137. Make sure you mention that you have seen and are familiar with the Canadian Nissan Truck Club.

I'm glad you and your family escaped with no injuries. Although this may sound crass, I can only hope that the failure of your truck was unique, as there are many people who may not be so fortunate.

Scott
    Last edited by Scotto; 06-28-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    Square headlights rock! []|||||[]