Thread: AntiRock rear

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 3 Hrs 28 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 41 Secs

AntiRock rear

HUGE THANX to Alex at Jeepman for the install.

Tight fit

'05 Rubi, 102" WB, Supercharged 4.0l, 37" MTR's, 14" CO's, Chromos, TerraFlex Swayloc, Currie AntiRock rear, Chevy/Warn 44 Hub Conversion, Stauns, Staang fabbed custom long arms, Tube Fenders & steering.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Poser shots

Up the Hill from "Shrek's Swamp" and down the road from "Cultural Hub of the universe"
    Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 9 Hrs 14 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 6 Secs
    Looks good! Alex does Great work. With Bill H. closing up shop, Alex is about the only decently priced Off Road and Fab shop left out this way.
    86 CJ Juggy
    67 Chevy Step side
    79 C20

Time Online: 1 Mth 6 Days 5 Hrs 55 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 58 Secs
    Looks sweet Chris. I couldn't quite picture how the front swaybar worked. it all makes sence now. that set up looks awsome. Rocks anyone?? lol
    O.F.4.W.D. #5263

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Days 17 Hrs 46 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 5 Secs
    nice... gonna have to get that out and give it a shot.
    My latest project... Collection of Parts

Other stuff... Building a doubler, D300 Flip kit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    "Coil springs are for ballpoint pens and pogo sticks".
    ебут раком

Time Online: 8 Hrs 58 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    nice stuff buddy lets go rocking

My Mood
    Cynical
    wanna go to that spot tonight?

not me.... but i would love to.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 23 Hrs 9 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 8 Secs
    Does that anti rock make a big difference?
    82' CJ 7 with a few upgrades

Time Online: 8 Hrs 58 Mins 51 Secs
    i cant tonight but this weekand?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dre907 View Post
    Does that anti rock make a big difference?

Took it out last night and WHAT A DIFFERENCE

I ran the trail twice, 1st time through was with the front end "locked".

My heap has no body roll at all, none, nada, nothing. Had the front wheels off the ground a few times when it was pushed up hills. Basically it felt tighter than stock. I was able a few time to pick the rear tires of the ground and get that tippy feeling.

2nd time through disconnected and stable is the best way to describe the feeling. Any side hill crawling the body roll was none existent, i took my heap places that when crawling over certain spots connected it felt as if i was right on the edge of rolling but now disconnected the rear wheels never felt like they were off the ground and the front end felt just as solid as stock.

Awesome products.

Below quoted from Rubicon owners forum.

"It helps to distribute weight evenly during off camber situations, controls side hilling, and helps to balance front and rear suspension together. these arent to be confused with limiting articulation. Properly set up and tuned swaybars do not limit articulation at all.

Simple example of balance is using an RTI ramp. A perfectly balanced suspension will go the same distance backwards up a ramp as it does forwards.

TJ's have a front to rear weight distribution of about 60-40 from the factory. Certain mods will put a lot of TJ's right around the 50-50 mark.

The stock front bar is nearly 4 times the size of the rear. When front disco'd, the rear is out of balance due to it having the only swaybar. You are adding torsion/resistence to an axle that already see's less weight/force applied to it.

That is why 99% of tj's that use front disco's and stock rear sway bar can drive 4 feet up a ramp forward without lifting a tire, but only make it 2 feet when they try reverse.

The rear antirock is a larger, higher torsion rate bar then the stocker. It is designed to be coupled off road with a matched lower rate bar in the front. Tuning with arm lengths (change in length equals change in leverage therefore chage in torsion applied) allows you to dial a specific rig in until you acheive as close to 50-50 suspension balance as possible.

The difference in going from a stock rear, front disco design, to tuned swaybars front and rear is nothing less then astonishing.

Hope that makes sense, and helps wtih understanding anti rock/swaylock swaybars."

"On-road with the SwayLoc front and Anti-Rock rear is-nothing short of amazing. I am VERY pleased with the install of the rear Anti-Rock. It is working out wonderfully back there. All my issues with the rear end sway/roll are gone-the rig is stable as can be and feels great. I have since shortened my rear Anti-Rock links and moved the upper to the loosest setting. Even with the SwayLoc and the Anti-Rock on the loosest setting, it is a HUGE improvement over the stock setup in every way. It handles so much smoother now, I find myself taking corners faster than I'd ever do before-by accident really, not that I was trying too. Freeway on/off ramps, roundabouts, etc. On the street it is a huge improvement. The SwayLoc being locked in "on-road" mode makes for a very stable front end, and the rear just seems to follow in place. Don't know how else to describe it.

Off-road, well, WOW that's about all I can say. It is simply amazing what the setup will do. The suspension is controlled front/rear like never before. Body remains relatively level as you feel the suspension move underneath. The suspension is now working together better than it ever has before, flex has been improved-though I think due to the length of the shorter stock links. It's just amazing though how off-camber stuff that would tip the body sideways before, now feels rock solid and places that felt tippy before, are a breeze to drive through. I simply can't believe the difference. Well worth the effort to install, and I'd HIGHLY recommend doing this mod to anyone considering it."

"I went with the rear Anti-Rock from Currie, in combination with my front SwayLoc. Mr.Blaine and bnine had both recommended it to help with my issues. My rig is a very heavy LJ, of which I had been running both stock front/rear swaybars and still too much body roll for my liking, not to mention limited flex off-road. I had tried disco'ing the front a few times, but for the terrain I run-NO THANKS. No control in the steep off-camber stuff and nearly rolled it. Would rather run the stock bars and lift tires, maintaining a somewhat more level stance than risk rolling for a little added flex-just not worth it to me. After installing the SwayLoc, the front end was noticeably better both on road and off. Smoother for one thing, but felt tighter and better balanced as well-both on and off-road. Disconnecting it off-road is great-you don't even feel the bumps anymore-smaller rocks, roots, washboard gravel, etc. Bigger stuff is great-more flex than I had with the stock bar and working in conjunction with the rear, maintained a more level stance than before. Really smooths things out and keeps the rig more level. Locked up on the road though I noticed a huge difference through the rig-feeling like it was split in half essentially, with a smooth, controlled front end, but a wild rear end with a mind of it's own, swaying too and fro as it saw fit-regardless of what the front was doing. You could definitely tell the front and back end were fighting each other to maintain stability. It was driving me crazy, so in went the rear Anti-Rock. I think the combination of the heavier bar, different orientation and being mounted almost 2.5' further back will all add to an increase in performance over what I have now."
    Last edited by caledoniajeeper; 06-26-2008 at 09:14 AM.

sounds great.... I'm going to have to go for a ride.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thanks for the detailed analysis. I've seen it in the Currie home page and wondered if it was one of those mods designed for newer Jeeps, or if they would work just as well, or better considering that CJ's are not as advanced in design.

I have one question that may sound a bit silly. I understand that you feel more stable in the same trail than before your mod... Back to the RTI scale, you mentioned an example of going up 4' fwd vs only 2' in reverse. Does this mean that you can go 4' in reverse, (meaning the greatest benefit now is the way your rig perform better going up a trail in reverse), or that you can get a higher RTI rating than 4' (fwd and rev) after the installation of the Anti Rock? Or, is it that it performs better within the same range? I hope that wasn't too confusing.

How much did this cost after it was all said and done (tax, shipping, etc) and how many hrs did the install take from start to finish?

Thanks again, you pretty much have me sold

My Mood
    Cynical
    The goal with these mods (front & back) was to get rid of the tippy feeling when i disconnected my factory front swaybar.

I was never a big fan of the front end disco technique when off roading because unlike my CJ's/YJ's of my past TJ's use coils instead of leafs so body roll and general uneasy feeling when disco'd is reeeeally pronounced in my newer heap.

I can't speak frankly about running the trail in reverse but you've given me an idea for later this afternoon. LOL.

The RTI ramp thing was a quote from another forum but from my quick tour last night when the front end was disco'd they both, front & rear, just felt "planted" on the ground. Not once did i get the feeling that i shouldn't be doing what i was doing. Rock solid, screwed to the ground was how it felt.

The Currie AntiROCK install made my rear end follow the front end like the frame had been split into two halves joined in the middle by a pivot. One didn't effect the other like it did when it was stock. Crawling over the neigbourhood kids BMX ramps in every direction some close to 3-4 feet high i didn't feel the rear end trying to keep up with the front. A few times out in this play area i'd go over one whoop and the rear tires would have to slide into place once the front end cleared and it felt as if the entire rear end slide around to catch up. Now the rear end felt as if it wasn't even there.

install time for the front was 1.5hrs short of tuning

the rear was another story, Alex had his hands full. My gas tank had to be dropped because of a hole in it (my fault) and you can't weld around gas fumes. Looks like Currie product was built with drum brakes in mind not disc's like mine so clearance became an issue. I had shock relocation brkts installed at the same time to solve the crushed shock cans.

Cost after everything done.

$700 tax in from the US for the product
    $500 for Jeepmans install which included tweak and tune of my work on the front, welding in new shock bkts, fabbing mounts for the currie, dropping the tank. More than fair for the return.

LOVE IT!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Cool, thanks! Is Jeepman for hire?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Alex Toth

Jeepman’s Offroad

45 Lancing Dr. Unit #6

Hamilton ON

L8W 2Z9

Phone: 905-383-5437

www.jeepmansoffroad.com

GREAT GUY!

Time Online: 7 Hrs 8 Mins 53 Secs
    Looks great dude, I'll have to see this in action for my self.

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 20 Hrs 13 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 58 Secs
    i'm trying to wrap my head around this idea...
    so in a way it's kinda like torsion bars on each axle, only instead
    of running parallel to the frame it runs perpendicular?

(and yes i realize i just resurrected this dead thread)
    Last edited by siamesedog; 12-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Yuper