Thread: T Case 101

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 56 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs

T Case 101

I have a 1994 Jeep XJ with the 5sp man (ax15 I think) and the command tack 4x4 tcase, np231

I do not know much about making other tcases work for my application. I have a parts Jeep, a 1985 XJ with the 2.5 4sp man. I am thinking its a np207 Tcase. At the local dump there are a few XJ's and the parts are free for the taking.

How can I tell what T case will work for me? or how can you make one work if the spline is different? are all np T cases good for my application if the spline count match up?

What are my options?

THanks,

Jeff
    The Klondike - Yukon Territory // Explore Canada's Arctic - Northwest Territories // Explore Canada's Arctic - Nunavut // Beautiful British Columbia - British Columbia // Wild Rose Country - Alberta // Land of Living Skies - Saskatchewan // Friendly Manitoba - Manitoba // Yours to Discover - Ontario // Je Me Souviens ( "I remember") - Quebec // A World of Difference - Newfoundland & Labrador // Birthplace of Confederation - P.E.I // New Brunswick // Canada's Ocean Playground - Nova Scotia

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 23 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    23 Spline NP231 will bolt up to your existing trans.

If you wanna get funky, an NP242 will also bolt up, but Driveshafts and handle linkage become an issue.

The 86 has a 21 spline case, and its an NP207, not really useful.