Thread: Towing with a TJ

Time Online: 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Towing with a TJ

Im going to be moving at the end of the month, and considering renting a U-haul trailer. Ive read the capacity of a TJ is 2000lbs.

has anyone done this before? they have 6x12, 5x10, 5x8, 4x8
    I dont know how much i can fit in these.. they have a cubic footage rating but who knows how many cubic feet a couch is lol.

Ive bascially got a queen matress, couch, loveseat, dresser, coffee table.
    anything else i can put inside the jeep, or in a minivan.

im driving 13hrs up north so dont want to rely on a u-haul truck if i can avoid it, since they break down all the time.
    1997 TJ Sahara 4.0L Auto : 2"BB : 1"BL : M.O.R.E MML : 33" BFG MT : 15" AR 767's : Garvin Wilderness Expidition Rack : Home made seat risers : Sirius Radio : Fabtec SB Skid : Hella H4 Conversion w/ HIDs: Titan 12,000lb Winch : 300,000km

My Mood
    Breezy
    Time Online: 22 Hrs 14 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    I had my tow hitch installed by them in 98.
    Make sure you have your hard top on. They will not let you TOW with a CONVERTIBLE
    I have towed w/ my TJ tons of times from t.o. to windsor.
    car dollys, they let you use.
    I belive its the 5 x 10 that you mention. check uhaul.com they will have the step by step.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Days 19 Hrs 55 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs
    where ya moving to??? I hauled a 4x6 with a Hyundai Elantra car once from Thunder Bay to North Bay (about 13hrs) I wrapped the queen sized bed in plastic and ratchet strapped it to the top of the trailer...had no issues...I am sure a jeep could haul the 5x10 no prob...and thats the low profile one so it will actually be lower the the back of the jeep...

Time Online: 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by KrAzYkRaZ View Post
    where ya moving to??? I hauled a 4x6 with a Hyundai Elantra car once from Thunder Bay to North Bay (about 13hrs) I wrapped the queen sized bed in plastic and ratchet strapped it to the top of the trailer...had no issues...I am sure a jeep could haul the 5x10 no prob...and thats the low profile one so it will actually be lower the the back of the jeep...
    Im moving to Marathon. So you drove past it on the way from T-Bay to North Bay..