Thread: cummins jeep

Time Online: 1 Hr 33 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

cummins jeep

well..., got mytself a descent paying job and have bought myself a jeep. the current specs...

chevy 350 with edelbrock intake, 4 barrel, headers, cam, distributor, and double electric fan rad. hooked to a th350 with bm shifter and a 203 tranfer case running a driveshaft to the 14 bolt rear and d44 front. s.o.a. lift, 2 inch body lift, shakle lifts, baha lights, 38 inch tsl super swampers, solid vehicle for 2000 $

well, out with the 350/350/203 and in with a cummins 4bt/nv4500/205 i dont know how this is going to be done but piece by piece. its something ive wanted to do for a year now, but was held back

what i need is technical help on a bunch of stuff. such as help on locating a cummins 4bt in ontario... i will be asking alot of questions i hope you guys can help me out with and not get flamed.

current status is dash out, motor goodies out, body ready to come off frame,
    thats about it. my only question is what is the headlight to ground measurement for lifted trucks on ontario roads ? and what gauges are necessary for the diesel ?

thanks questions comments

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=8914134
    Last edited by riffer_madness; 07-17-2008 at 09:59 PM.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 7 Secs
    pm fitty, his TJ already has a 4BT thanks to Overland diesel.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 25 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    No, don't talk to me. Hit search, and then "diesel TJ", do your homework, and THEN come talk to me.

I've gone over this so many times I feel like a broken record broken record broken record
    What can I say, I'm Skitarded...

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by 87bobber View Post
    im interested in jeep email me jmorent@hotmail.com interested leave me your contact number please thank you
    Yir new, aint'cha...
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 3 Hrs 28 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 42 Secs
    ^^^^lol
    '05 Rubi, 102" WB, Supercharged 4.0l, 37" MTR's, 14" CO's, Chromos, TerraFlex Swayloc, Currie AntiRock rear, Chevy/Warn 44 Hub Conversion, Stauns, Staang fabbed custom long arms, Tube Fenders & steering.

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    what are you doing with the SBC? i may be interested in the motor and tranny
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 6 Days 58 Mins 25 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Secs
    4bt's are getting hard to find , REALLY hard to find , and when you do find one some Ahole wants a boatload of $$ for it , I found one for sale the guy knew NOTHING about the motor KMS what it came out of ect and wanted 3000$ .. i laughed at him as i hung up . be carefull on which one you get . try and look for one out of a bread truck . I went as far as calling ups to see what they do with there old 4bt's and they just take them out of one truck and put it into another . there are lots of other motor options you just have to find the best one for you . i have been on the hunt for a long time for the right motor , older xjs came with small turbo diesels but they were not the greatest , izuzu makes some good choices , as well as benz and nissan , if i can find a good izuzu i think thats my first choice as they are well made and are bolted to trannys similar to the aw4 thats in waggy . now i just have to find one .... try these sites lots of great info . and keep me posted as i am going to be doing this swap as soon as i get a motor . i am going to set mine up to run wvo too , FREE FUEL woo hoo ..
    http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php
    http://messages.jeep2diesel.org/

motor knocks over 3000 ? and the tranny is a th 350 please take transfer case with it how much ?
    95 jeep yj, bare frame double fan aluninium rad. 14 bolt rear and d44 front. s.o.a. lift, 2 inch body lift, shakle lifts, 38 inch tsl super swampers ... its a start

yep, got body off frame, got it on a trailer ready for body work. power washed the frame and gonna gloss black the entire thing. got the cummins 4bt comming this weekend maybe ? and a donor truck witha nv 4500 5 speed kevlar clutches and 205 which ill twin stick. i was thinkin of making it a zebra striped black and white paint what do you think ?

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 56 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Just throwing this one out, what about a Cat 7 7.2L Diesel Engine? are these any good? does Cat make a smaller engine comparable to the Cummins TD that would fit in a XJ or TJ?

Jeff
    The Klondike - Yukon Territory // Explore Canada's Arctic - Northwest Territories // Explore Canada's Arctic - Nunavut // Beautiful British Columbia - British Columbia // Wild Rose Country - Alberta // Land of Living Skies - Saskatchewan // Friendly Manitoba - Manitoba // Yours to Discover - Ontario // Je Me Souviens ( "I remember") - Quebec // A World of Difference - Newfoundland & Labrador // Birthplace of Confederation - P.E.I // New Brunswick // Canada's Ocean Playground - Nova Scotia

My Mood
    Amazed
    Time Online: 4 Wks 19 Hrs 57 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 22 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by GQJeeper View Post
    Just throwing this one out, what about a Cat 7 7.2L Diesel Engine? are these any good? does Cat make a smaller engine comparable to the Cummins TD that would fit in a XJ or TJ?

Jeff
    I looked into the CAT engines for my H1 and with amount of power/torque they put out as compared to their weight they just arent a viable option for an offroad vehicle. Cummins engines are alot lighter and stock have same if not more power/torque than the CAT Engines and there is alot of performance support for the Cummins engines.

YouTube Videos
    98 AM General Hummer with 2" lift and 38" Tires
    1982 Suzuki LJ80V - Pretty much stock other than a light bar and some lights... lots of mods to come

yeah sorry its cummins or bust on this one. if i dont find it it'll sit there untill i do. plus preformance for a 4bt its always easy to gain in some ways

Time Online: N/A
    what about hino engines i was offered a wrecked cube van awhile ago looked like a great small setup just wsnt sure of trans options anybody know anything about these motors they come in 4 5 and 6 cyl i checked out some info on the net sounds like they have lots of power all turbo and intercooled apperently the 4 cyl automotive engine only weighs 500 lbs

Time Online: 2 Wks 2 Days 11 Hrs 29 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 21 Secs
    I don,t know much about Hino except they are owned by Toyota and i know the Hilux diesels where made by Hino.
    Cheers.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    The 5 cylinder 3L mercedes turbo diesel might be a good choice. Smaller then the 4BT and tons of power. All mechanical too.

Doesn`t anyone know what trannies would work with this motor?

I am able to get one that is in an 82.

got done painting everything on the frame, it only took 3 days after work lol. sooo, i was supposed to get an engine and tranny and transfer case today but we ran into problems o well. i know i for sure have an nv 4500 comin, and the 205. up next a major thing i have to do is buy a rush free body LOL. sorry i havent time to take pics, i will someday but it seems to rain everyday here...

Time Online: 5 Mths 3 Days 13 Hrs 32 Mins 11 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 39 Secs
    Ya gotta love black smoke out of the tail pipe
    Cigar chomper!

Youth, health and skill are no match for age, experience and treachery

Dana 60's do break when hitting stumps at 60kmh....

this is the jeep