Thread: 86 CJ-7 nothing special

Time Online: 8 Hrs 9 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs

86 CJ-7 nothing special

Started as a 4.2l T5. with bald 33s and some body and frame issues. Traded an 86 mustang cobra for it.
    replaced the rear frame at the common rot spots. Did some cheap and shitty body work. Its amazing what you can do with a rivit gun and a drill.
    Rebuilt the 258 so it would pass emissons....
    Put in a 350 Chev from a 75 monte carlo. Swapped the transmission case from ford to chev. Did alot of messing around with the bellcrank and clutch fork to get the throw right might still go with a hydrolic set up. Custom bent duel exaust from the manifolds back with cats. It still wouldnt pass emissions at the time.
    Sat for a few years until about 2 years ago. Pulled the rearend out to begin an SOA and discoverd a broken leafspring.
    Ripped it right down to the frame, leaving the motor in (no lift to take it out). Repaired some more frame. Bought some leafs from MYOLDCJ along with a good windshield frame and glass, thanks again. Repaired some major rot in the floor, sides and rear. put the body back on the frame with a new 1" puck lift and mounts. Finished the SOA. Threw some mud on and alot of sanding. Bought some cheap paint and threw it on. (omaha orange from TSC on sale for 26.99)
    Still got some painting to do on the grill and hinges.
    Installing a new oilpan on Friday and a new Trans mount and maybe some mufflers, although the police havent bothered me about it yet. I posted some pics in the members Galleries

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&id=772280172
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&id=772280172
    most of the pics I have to date

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Mth 1 Wk 1 Day 12 Hrs 19 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 10 Secs
    Pretty good looking jeep man. Alot of people seem to be doing CJ-7s lately. Personally i love the look of the square headlights on the YJ

Time Online: 8 Hrs 9 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Thanks. I like the round headlights.