Thread: 2000 Grand Am - Turn Signal

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 11 Hrs 2 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs

2000 Grand Am - Turn Signal

Wondering if anyone has had or heard about this problem with the turn signal on a Grand Am. My mom's 2000 Pontiac Grand Am's turn signal makes "ticking" noises on it's own when the turn signal isn't on. It's sporadic and isn't the normal ticking rhythm when you use the turn signal. Sometimes it ticks just once or twice and sometimes it ticks for about 5 seconds but in really random way, sometimes it will tick really quickly and sometimes one or two ticks every few seconds. It tends to do this more during city driving and less during highway driving. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - I checked the bulbs in all four corners to make sure they weren't burnt out thinking that the sporadic ticking was a way to let you know but it wasn't.
    Last edited by TOYJ; 10-12-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    '02 TJ, 2" body lift, 2" coil spacers, 33"x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs, 15x8 Pro Comp matte black aluminum rims, D30/D35 regeared with 4.56 gears, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares, Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, hprtech custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, 48" Hi-Lift, Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari, Wrap Around Windjammer, Tonneau and trail cover.

"I'm not retarded I just own a Jeep that's all".

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Clicking

The problem will be the multifunction switch (aka turn signal switch). GM has a problem with them. Replace that unit and the car will be fine.
    Jermac
    O.F.4.W.D. #5199 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 11 Hrs 2 Mins 58 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs
    Thanks man, I googled this and it there were some posts on this subject. Who knew there were Grand Am forums?!