Thread: Disabling GM Passlock on 2000 Jimmy

Time Online: 5 Days 15 Hrs 48 Mins 8 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Secs

Disabling GM Passlock on 2000 Jimmy

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to disable the passlock system on a 2000 Jimmy? I have disconnected the battery and now when I go to start it, it will run for a second and shut off. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Graham
    98 ZJ Slate 5.9
    08 WK 3.0L CRD

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Days 18 Hrs 52 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 25 Secs
    what caused the trip of the passlock? It is reset by leaving the key in the on position for about 10-15 mins, are you sure its the passlock feature on the vehicle that is causing the malunction. (crank - no start, with security light flashing, will start after 10-15 minute time out... intermitant... key and/or remote)...disconnecting the battery should not trip the passlock anti-theft..

Chad

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 3 Hrs 24 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 57 Secs
    will most likly need to be reprogrammed
    rockin the 95 xj custom 4inch lift and 285/75/16 bfg mud terrain km2 and bds discos R.I.P

98 xj 4.0L 5spd 4.5" zone lift and m/t sidebiters looking for 33s

I had the battery disconnected to change the blend door motor on the heater box. After connecting it all up again all I get is a start for about 2 seconds then off. The battery wsa disconnected for 4-5 hours I would say. Is there any way of reprogramming it on my own or do I have to get the dealership to do it?

My Mood
    Twisted
    could also be a fault in the ignition cylinder, gm has a known issue with ignition system failures whether remote start installed or not where tumblers get worn down over time and send false reading to bcm, either replace igniton assembly and relearn new code to bcm or, when truck will start without light coming on, set parking brake put truck in reverse (engine off),There are 3 Passlock wires from the key cylinder to the Body Control Module; orange/black ground reference, red/white 12 volt reference, and yellow resistance code signal (these colors are for GM trucks only). cut yellow wire and place meter positive on key side of yellow wire&ground lead to orange black, turn key to crank position and hold to get resistance read, place a resistor of that same value between org/black wire and body side of yellow wire, tape up &leave keyside of yellow wire unconnected now truck will always see the code from resistor you installed so the accuracy of r-value is important be as close as possible

Chad
    Last edited by KrAzYkRaZ; 10-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.

My Mood
    Twisted
    try the reset of 10-15mins with key in run position...see if that works for ya...

Thanks for all your help. I will try the reset again and see if I have any luck if not its step two with the resistor. Thanks again!!

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 4 Hrs 13 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 57 Secs
    Way back when I was working at GM, this would happen on battery changes every now and again. The computer would loose the code for some unknown reason.

Put a battery charger on it, and turn the key to run (do not attempt to start). Leave for 30 mins, and then start the truck.
    ....-Noltz
    [color=#4A4117]'91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 5 Days 17 Hrs 25 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 21 Secs
    The 30 min learn is what noltz is referring to

Attempt to crank then leave on for ten - off for two - on for ten -off for two - on for ten then when the indicator goes out the last time crank the engine.

Time Online: 2 Days 18 Hrs 13 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    ^^ c.c. gotz the answer, make sure the battery voltage doesn't drop below 10.5 either or you'll never get the relearn to work

With my car, the ignition only needed to be switched off for 10 seconds in between start attempts
    hero - the most overused english word