Thread: New Project...

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 25 Mins 3 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

New Project...

Well I just picked this up a couple days ago as a weekend driver/wheeler when I dont want to load the Grand onto the trailer for an easy trail. Its a 1994 Land Rover Discovery, got 133000 original k's, the baby 3.9, two sunroofs that leak like there is no roof at all, and pretty much no rust/a minty interior. All for $1000! My first plans are to get the guts all cleaned up (carpet and leather), fix the sunroofs leaks, fix the fuel line leak so the engine will stop mis-firing, and get the big dent pounded out of the quarter. Then it will be getting a louder exhaust, 2" lift, 33" tires on stock rims with spacers, a snorkel, all the plastic crap taken off the front bumper, and some big ass HELLA lights. After that, we'll see what happens! Ill keep the thread updated with pics as I go.

94 ZJ-7" lift, Clayton Long Arms, 36X12.5 Super Swamper TSL's, Backhalfed, Lincoln Locked, Half Doors, 9000lb Superwinch, Camo'd.
    90 Ford Bronco-60's, 5.38s, ARBs, 44" Boggers, 351 Windsor, Headers, Exhaust, etc.
    92 Range Rover Classic-Lots of lift, 36X12.5 TSL Super Swampers, Warn Winch, Bumpers, Lights, etc. Zebra Style!

Time Online: 13 Hrs 18 Mins 12 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    good steal

Time Online: 22 Hrs 35 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    Can't wait to see more pics.
    Mike - 08 JK, 4 dr, Silver.

Time Online: 6 Hrs 10 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Awesome dude, I had a 96 Disco for a few months.! Glad to see another Landy on the board. I guarantee you this truck will amaze you and actually make your grand seem a little inadeqaute in the flexing dept.
    If interested, I have the rear corner that is dented, it is silver, make me an offer.

check out www. discoweb.org/forums for lots of info, those guys are ruthless though, so be careful what you post! Search search and you'll find info. I havea few contacts for aftermarket stuff if you want me to put you in touch.
    Be very careful of the local landrover salvage places, been burned before... Anything else, just ask.
    BEST4X4XFAR
    2002 Range Rover 4.6HSE Borrego Edition - Adventure Package, Dual Exhaust...
    1999 Volvo V70 R AWD- .:Ti Silver/Black:. SportsWagon
    1990 Land Rover Range Rover 3.9L V8- .:SandGlow Yellow:. Modded - Trail Rig-SOLD
    "Public Roads-Gov't Waste"
    1991 BMW M5- .:Black/Black:.Modded - Autobahn Machine-SOLD

Time Online: 3 Days 5 Hrs 22 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Secs
    cool test it out mud 20 lmao
    1991 Mazda b2600i 4x4 35s(RYANS RIG) RIP
    oya 2008 dodge caravan looking for 31s lol
    IN NEED OF JEEP LOL
    My wallet is empty but the kids and wife are happy LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by muddyrangerover View Post
    Awesome dude, I had a 96 Disco for a few months.! Glad to see another Landy on the board. I guarantee you this truck will amaze you and actually make your grand seem a little inadeqaute in the flexing dept.
    If interested, I have the rear corner that is dented, it is silver, make me an offer.

check out www. discoweb.org/forums for lots of info, those guys are ruthless though, so be careful what you post! Search search and you'll find info. I havea few contacts for aftermarket stuff if you want me to put you in touch.
    Be very careful of the local landrover salvage places, been burned before... Anything else, just ask.
    Yea I am already on Discoweb and yea the guys are on there are pretty bad, but I am on Pirate4X4 a lot and they make the Disco guys look like girls. Im prolly just going to leave the rear corner for now, its a not big concern of mine, plus I dont mind dents that much anyway. I seem to be hearign a lot of good things about these Rovers so thats pretty assuring to me but I really doubt it will out-flex my LA'd Grand with 30in shocks haha. I do have a quick question for you though, do you know if the fuel lines are metric or imperial? Mine has a large fuel leak above the passenger frame rail and I need to replace it but I dont know what size line to get. Thanks.

BTW Steve, itll be doing at least one run on Mud and 20 sometime next year dont worry!

Time Online: 6 Hrs 10 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Ya, Pirate guys are pretty bad too.

If you mean the nuts on them, then they IIRC are metric, 13 or 14 if I believe.
    If I misunderstood you, and you are taling about something else, I have no idea.
    Well, I can;t say against a fully modified GC, but stock for stock or if you modify them equally, these LR's are just insane in their flex. I have a budget lift on mine and my truck outflexes half the built trucks on the trail. Its crazy.

WHat is this mud 20 you guys are talking about?

^^^I was more or less talking about the line itself, like it is 3/8" or a metric size. Im assuming if the fittings are metric though, so is the line itself. As for Mud and 20, its all the trails that run in the Mud St. and Highway 20 area on the Grimsby Mountain.

^^^I was more or less talking about the line itself, like it is 3/8" or a metric size. Im assuming if the fittings are metric though, so is the line itself. As for Mud and 20, its all the trails that run in the Mud St. and Highway 20 area on the Grimsby Mountain.

Time Online: 3 Days 5 Hrs 22 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 15 Secs
    Oooo Double Post Lmao I Am Not The Only One Lmao

Time Online: 1 Day 22 Hrs 55 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    oh so you got it eh? ill have to come up and check it out. ill be shedding some lights pretty soon, i have about 10 i dont need. they arent hellas but have a good mix of warns and the ones you used to have on your bumper, i think. let me know when you are looking for tires too! i found a guy with 33s coming out his ass. i am assuming you dont want anything too too aggressive?

^^^I definately need to get my hands on some 33's Ian, I want something MT, moderately agressive like the Interco Trxus. The only snag is they need to be for a 16" rim. I might be interested in those lights as well, text my phone and we'll talk!