Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: durby car

Time Online: 2 Hrs 3 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

durby car

anyone on jeep kings have a durby car. let me know what u think. i am painting it red becase my work gave me the car. what should i do to it now. any ideas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0012.jpg   DSCF0013.jpg   DSCF0014.jpg   DSCF0015.jpg   DSCF0016.jpg  

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 15 Hrs 23 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 25 Secs
    Which derby is it for? is it a figure 8 car or a 4 cylinder derby? Either way, get rid of the bumper skins and weld the bumpers to the body. At least the front one. The skins will fall off and hang you up. Those cars are pretty tough in the front end. THe back end on those cars usually go down, so you would have to make it go up by pre bending or knotching the frame. There is a bunch of other stuff you can do a well.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 17 Hrs 32 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 51 Secs
    you got to have straight pipes through the hood along with more fortifications. don't forget to paint the driver side door white. thats a big one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010584.jpg   P1010586.jpg   P1010589.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayheminc View Post
    Life is good in the republic of bacon
    RETREAD #9

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 10 Hrs 16 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 46 Secs
    get some scrap steel and build a huge wing for it and a giant hood scoop for bonus horse power.

lol i did a racebefore i know all the ruels. u can weld the front end. it that cheating

Time Online: 2 Hrs 27 Mins 31 Secs
    I think you mean you can't weld the front end, or any part of the body / frame depending on the class. Most 4 and 6 cyl your not allowed. You have the plate accross the drivers door but you should paint the rest of the door, they are sometimes sticky about that.

Take a sledge hammer and open up the wheel wells. That will prevent the smashed metel from tearing into the tires early on. Hammer them in and away, you can do that right before you go in if you want it "pretty" until then.

Headers are not usually required to go up through the hood but you should cut the exhaust very short. Makes it sound loud for the crowd and prevents it from becoming debris when it falls off.

The battery may have to be moved depending on local rules.

There are a lot of forums specifically for demolition derby's. If your going to the one in Milton I can send you a few links. Most of them are local so a quick google search will find em or ask a fellow derby guy.

Oh ya one more thing. I would put a rearview mirror on your front window bar for the rare occasions your driving forwards, just something I had wanted.

Looks good, have a blast!

i cut the exhaust at the front. dont have time to make a header comming out of the hood. i moved the battery cant post more then 5 pics. i have to paint the car red then the doors and plats white. the car is bult to the rules. tell me more about welding the front end. i welled the metal bar on the front that was holding in by bolts to make striger. i want to make it look cool to like putting duck take racing strips on it. lol

if i got a slage hammer and smashed out the wheel wells it would be easy to pop a tire from a other car

got some more

any ideas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0017.jpg   DSCF0019.jpg  

Time Online: N/A
    and i thought i was the worst speller on j/k looks good just stick to the rules and smash it up

Which demo derby is it for? I think you are only allowed to cut 2 inches away from the wheel wells if it is for Thrillshow. There is alot of stuff you can do that isnt on the sheets. We run derbies all the time. If its straight stock you can only weld the diiff if you want. But for the figure 8 and 4 cyl derbies we reinforce and weld the bumpers and the doors hut. They haven't told us not to do it yet.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Day 2 Hrs 48 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs
    put dougnut tires on the rear of it, there tougher so they wont pop and get you stuck!!! its a good trick, and if you can put tubes in the front tires with only like 10psi in them to help if you do slash a tire. also sleeve your tie rods so they dont break as easy right away!! those are the main tricks ive learnt over the years building them.

have fun be safe!

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    If it`s for the figure 8 race, Weld as much in it as you can and make sure put some spacers in the suspension so it doesn`t fall on the ground. A 4 point cage is allowed for safety, It also helps a lot with the durability of the car.

I typically run in the pro mod class, but have run the 4 cly class. They aren`t really sticky on the rules when I did run a couple times.. Put bars from the bumper to the shock tower in the front.

Which derbies do you run the pro mod in slimbadboy?

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 50 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Ive done a couple of enduro's at merritville and to each of my cars ive welded a length of square tubing along the side of my car and angled the ends so it wasnt a "hazard". Not sure what your rules allow, but they help to distribute side impacts. Officials dont usually argue it as it is more for safety purposes. Also lets you run in the corners and ride the doors of other cars a few more times than the car would take without them...
    Just something that ive done to give you a little advantage and safety.

it is Thrillshow figure 8 race. i dont want to put a lot of money in to it. im not putting a cage in it. Anyone live in cambridge or want to meet up at timmies and talk about it. what is sleeve your tie rods meen. i want to race in the billy bash, rocktion fair cambridge and more. the pics are from last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01105.jpg   DSC01128.jpg   DSC01127.jpg  

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    I was in the regionals at simcoe in 2007. I placed 4th... I was #15. It was a a half black and half red 94 lincoln. I lost the rear bumper in the heat, ended up crushing the frame in front of the rear tire and which dug into the ground...
    BTW another tip is to double your tires... tire in tire EX: P195-60-R15 inside of a P205-65-R15 tire. Cut the bead out of the inside tire put it into the outside tire and put the whole assembly onto the rim. Also use a tube and redrill the valve stem for the inside of the rim.. Tires are the most important thing to keep good on your car hands down.

Billy Bash is in June isnt it? I should through a car together and come play. I have a straight stock car ready to go, but no 4 cylinder right now. But you really should get rid of the bumper skins. Just reinforce and weld the front bumper up. And wire the hood to the bumper.

Time Online: N/A
    Hi my name is Mark Adams and i live in Campbellford ont and i am putting on a winter derby on jan 31 at 1o at the campbellford fair grounds.I am also a member of the north hastings four wheeldrive club.Would love to see some wheelers come out to derby with us.Ive been derbying for about 15 or so years mainly minis but have built lots of winning full size cars and trucks.

you can weld the front and wire the hood to the front end.