Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: durby car

Time Online: 2 Hrs 3 Mins 31 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by stunt man mike View Post
    you can weld the front and wire the hood to the front end.
    PREPARATION OF CAR – REMOVE OR CONVERT THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT FAIRGROUNDS OR TRACK
    1. RIDING ON CAR
    Insurance Regulation: No person riding on outside of cars at anytime
    2. FLAMMABLE
    Seats & trim - All must be removed from the vehicle except driver’s seat.
    MATERIAL
    Dashboard may be left in.
    3. TRAILER HITCH
    Must be removed and all sharp edges must be mashed down prior to derby event.
    4. GLASS/AIRBAGS
    All windows, mirrors, airbags & trim, must be removed prior to derby event.
    5. DOORS & NUMBERS
    Driver & Passenger doors must be PAINTED WHITE. An optional roof number plate may be securely installed.
    NO painting of number on doors unless number registered with TSPI office (see website for details).
    6. FIRE EXTINGUISHER
    Must be within reach of the driver, must work and have a working gauge.
    7. BATTERY
    One 12 volt car battery must be moved to front passenger floor board and securely fastened in a box/container clear of all fuel sources. Following inspection it must be covered with a non-flammable shield.
    8. GAS TANK
    Stock gas tanks must be removed. Must be a steel marine tank, custom steel fuel tank, or certified racing fuel cell. No plastic tanks. All tanks must be securely fastened down (bolted) in the middle of the back seat area. Tank must be covered with a non-flammable material after inspection. Maximum 3 gallons gas.
    9. FUEL LINES
    All fuel lines must have leak proof fitting with steel or rubber lines. No exceptions.
    10. ELECTRIC FUEL
    PUMP
    Must have a safety shut off switch (punch button), marked in red located on center of roof area for officials use.
    11. FUEL SYSTEM
    Electric fuel pump must be isolated with a non-flammable material covering lines, tank & pump. Non-flammable covering may be fire resistant blanket or air bag material.
    12. HOOD & TRUNK
    Openings: It is mandatory that an opening be cut in hood over carburetor, approximately 8” x 12” maximum in diameter. Strictly enforced. Recommend removing hood latch in case of fire.
    Fastening down: Hood, trunk or tailgate must be fastened down in 4 places with seat belt strapping, wire or l/4” chain only through each hole. NO welds on hood. Hood must be kept in original position and must be left open until after inspection. Trunk must be kept in original position. Trunk/tailgate may be welded down in 6 locations using 3” square plates maximum and 16” hole in trunk mandatory if it cannot be opened for inspection. Official’s decision re over-use of materials.
    13. FIREWALL
    All holes in firewall must be filled/covered with non-flammable material. No reinforcement.
    14. BODY PANELS
    Metal may be cut from around wheels for clearance.
    Front & rear quarter panels may be bolted with up to 5 bolts per panel - maximum 3/8” bolt.
    15. DOOR FASTENING
    Driver and Passenger door must be reinforced and can be welded solid. All other doors must be fastened shut with wire, straps, ¼” chains or spot-welded, 1” every 12” or 6 – 3” square plates welded.
    16. BRACING
    Outside Car: Driver and passenger doors must be reinforced. Recommend flat bar only bolted 4 times (with a maximum ½” through bolt) spot-welded 1” every 12” on each side of vehicle, e.g. Max. 60” long x 12” wide x ¼” thick. Beveling allowed. NO “C” CHANNEL OR ANGLE IRON
    17. ROLL BAR
    Inside Car: Roll cage highly recommended.
    18. WINDSHIELD
    SPACE
    Must have a minimum of a single steel bar or chain from the cowl to the roof bolted or welded. The “A” or “H” style protection is permissible but the bars must look like the A or H. The cross brace must be in the middle and in no way come in contact with the distributor protector. The horizontal bar must be a minimum 8” from cowl. If using the “A” it may be welded or bolted in 3 locations. If using the “H” it may be welded or bolted in 4 locations & be no more than 36” in width. Driver must not be impaired from exiting through window area of car in case of emergency.
    19. BUMPERS
    1. Any 4 cyl compact bumper allowed.
    2. Front bumper may be welded as far as front of Rad cradle.
    3. No cutting of bumpers – may be bent inward.
    4. Bumpers cannot be wired to hood.
    5. No reinforcement or loading of bumpers (holes may be required to be cut in bumpers) - official’s discretion.
    20. FRONT GRILL
    Screens allowed, bolted or welded to rad cradle only. (Stock A.C. condensers permitted in original position.)
    21. RADIATOR
    1. Radiators and cooling system must be flushed of anti-freeze and only water added.
    2. Overflows for radiator must point downward to the ground.
    3. Floating or leaned back rad cradles will be accepted.
    22. TRANSMISSION
    COOLER
    Are permitted and must be secured in engine compartment. Transmission dipstick must be securely fastened, wired down or have an overflow tube pointing straight down away from drivers or spectators.
    23. SUSPENSION
    Suspension must remain stock (movement must occur). Broken or sagging parts may be replaced. It is recommended that rear coil be wired to differential. No spring blocks or added helpers.
    24. HEADERS
    Headers must point straight up.
    25. FRAME
    ALTERATIONS
    Stitching, welding or any altering of frames deemed unnecessary will not be tolerated. No painting of frames.
    26. ENGINE MOUNTS
    Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommended.
    Maximum 16” D.O.T. Tires must be low aggression. No forklift tires or solid fill tires. All tires must be filled with air only. Tires may be doubled. No split rims. No screwing tires to rim or studding. All wheel weights must be removed and no welding stem protections. No grooving of tires. Carry spare 16” D.O.T. mud tires in case track conditions warrant.
    27. TIRES
    28. BEST DECORATED
    CAR
    Championship Dates Only – No excess decorations – No removal of decorations – Car must run ‘as is’.
    29. FIGURE 8 RACE
    Absolutely no deliberate demolition derbying – will result in disqualification.
    30. WHEELBASE
    Wheelbases cannot be altered.
    “Official’s Decision is Final”

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 15 Hrs 23 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 25 Secs
    Alot of the rules they dont inforce too much I have noticed. I also noticed it counts alot on the peron driving the car and where it is from. The last derby we went in they didnt even open the hood or the trunk. They just checked the gas tank and said good to go.

ya they were like that to me a rocktion fair

Time Online: N/A
    build your car and come to campbellford winter crunch.............. EDGE MOTORSPORTS RULES not that different from thrill shows rules,would love to have fellow wheelers come out to smash and crash.................

now it is read i need to do somthing to make her look cool any dumb ideas

now it is red. i need her to look cool any dumb or bright ideas

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 17 Hrs 32 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 51 Secs
    Hey slimbadboy, is this you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010704.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayheminc View Post
    Life is good in the republic of bacon
    RETREAD #9

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    Yes it is, Must have been a red flag since my arm is out of the window.
    The other half of my car was black..
    Where you in the derby as well plowboy?

Time Online: N/A
    i'm gonna be running at the billy bash this year. i'll be running a 73 olds delta 88 number 263. bout a 3 hour drive for me but it's worth it. had a great time last year. any other wheelers on here derby?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 17 Hrs 32 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 51 Secs
    no i was working a gate so i was sitting on a tow truck. i'v got alot more if you want them

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 15 Hrs 23 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 25 Secs
    I might be at the Billy Bash. You can run the old cars there? We sent so many solid 70's cars through the crusher, I would of kept a couple.