Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 YJ SBC V8 and 40" Tires

Caistor Centre - Cultural Hub of the universe
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Time Online: 10 Mths 3 Wks 5 Days 6 Hrs 25 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 26 Mins 49 Secs
    Congratulations on a nice build on a budget but if trail performance is a priority, you have about one too many feet of lift on that thing. Seriously, knock it down a lot. Tire size is no excuse for CN tower-sized lifts. If you are just building a bog buggy, then I perfectly understand the lift. But you have some amazing trails out your way that will not have any trouble handing you your ass with your COG being that far out to lunch. You will not be happy at that height. This is not meant to be derogatory, just some constructive input, ya know?
    A Member of:
    New Frontier 4x4 Club
    OF4WD 4928 & 6687

1980 CJ Juggy
    2004 GC 4.7 HO Overland

"Simple, yet functional....like a Sledgehammer"

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    ^ i agree... but it looks like nice work, but TOO big, 3" BL is asking for trouble, what did you make the BL out of?

and IMO 37" tires on 20" rims... not my cup of tea. you wont get much sidewall flex out them... if its a street rig then none of this matters

i hope there is a bigger garage door somewhere... it looks like that will have to ride on the rotors to get it out
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro1141 View Post

Last edited by Rando; 04-08-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

Time Online: 6 Days 19 Hrs 30 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Secs
    Nice. Am planning 40's on mine too. Xcept with no more lift than I already have. And it am doable. Good work,,keep it up

Time Online: 3 Hrs 57 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

The YJ Now

The jeep will mostly be a mud bogger, some trails and a little road driven. I dont like trailer queens and with the 42" tires i think it looks great. I was on 33s for a year wanted more, and 35 aint much gained so next big step was 40" plus. and with the full width axles its plenty wide, i have 6" bushwacker flares and the tires still stick out 8". LOL

And to get it out of the garage the roll bar came out, the windsheild flopped forward then had to recline the seats to clear the door frame.

I love it waiting on driveshafts, brakes and shocks which should all be here by end of april. I love my new monster truck!!!

Thanks Mike
    Old MacDonald Had A Daughter...Git R Dun? I Got R Did!!!

Time Online: 3 Wks 4 Days 19 Hrs 17 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 7 Secs
    Total Monster!!! The hood sticker suits the build style to a tee. I'm sure you will be able to drive it most places you want to go. Just might be kinda lame on super steep climbs/side hilling/rock knar stuff. I'm sure you know this already. Looks killer though!

You could always cut the firewall/tunnel/floor/fenders, and take some bodylift out next winter if you don't like how it handles.

Really like the way it looks though. Kids dream machine.
    1991 Xj Gone to a new home.
    1948 willys Jeep pickup sitting and waiting.
    1984 toyota currently beating & building.

OF4WD #6069

Time Online: 4 Hrs 23 Mins 57 Secs
    hah i was going to comment on the garage door as well and how you'd get out of there.. but u already mentioned that! I like the way it looks

Time Online: 3 Hrs 57 Mins 52 Secs

Brakes

Thanks everybody wonders how i get it out of my 2 car garage.

I converted the rear to disc brakes today, using 85 Gm 2500 4x4 front calipers and rotors. Made my own backing plate out of 3/8" plate steel and a little elbow grease.

Then installed the new racing seats i got for $100.

Look better then the old probe seats i had in before.

These were nice but no side support and beat to hell.

The brakes i used 95 GM 1500 2wd front flex lines, rear was 85 GM 2500 4x4 front flex lines to calipers and 83 Dodge 1/2 ton rear flex line from frame to axle. Upgraded to a 85 E350 Van Master cylinder from more braking power, just wondering whether to run proportioning valve or not, some ppl say yes some say no.

Time Online: 6 Days 19 Hrs 30 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 33 Secs
    If you wanna check out monsters, go to GOCMS.com and check them out.
    If you have to ask how much it costs to buy one of thier kits..lol..they start at $80,000.00 . No tires smaller than 46's, and only big blocks, and they launch these trucks 30 feet in the air, over and over, with no breakage. AH, what money can do eh?
    Yesterday's HISTORY, Tomorrow's a MYSTERY. LIVE FOR TODAY