Thread: 2000 Eliminator(MJ)-Help needed

Time Online: 59 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

2000 Eliminator(MJ)-Help needed

Hey all, been around here for a while, just never really had anything interesting to add. Thats changed. Grab yerself a coffee and try to bear with me while I run down whats goin on here in da swamp...I will also get around to finally posting in the intro forum, that may answer some questions about me. Here we go....
    I picked up a very clean 1999 XJ,4.0,231 case,8.25 rear,165000k,pwr everything x/seats. Threw a bb 2" lift on it (all the wife would allow,she drives it to work everyday and doesnt like climbing in a skirt). Works great although the rear is already sagging a bit.(Jeep not wife!)Focus people. Its a great DD and comfortable for our 5 hr drive to camp, or taking a trip to TO. For 2 grand I don`t think I could have done much better.
    Next I got a wicked deal on a VERY high milage 2000 XJ, almost a mirror copy of the 99 except dark blue instead of green, and extra 400000k (ya.. almost 6 with 5 zeros,ORIGINAL). Drove it 5 plus hours home with no issues. Everything worked perfectly.8.25 rear. How can a guy NOT love and trust a jeep? I parked the 00 after selling the motor to a friend for rebuild purposes. It was still running beautifully when pulled.I kept the intake/exaust,ect.. just sold bare motor.Parts for the 99 OR???Wait and see I have a 92 XJ 3" lift on 30's as my DD(future plans as well, stay tuned) LOL. This is takin a while!
    Ok so this is how things stood, the 3 mentioned XJs and....
    - 95 XJ badly rotted good but 240000k drivetrain 35 rear,231
    - 91 XJ broken frame (got him out though)LOL, 3.5" lift 30/44 rear trac loc 200000k good 232 case/drivetrain and motor
    -2 89 XJs ,rolling only but solid, remarkably rust free.
    -2 89 Xjs -Canablized-
    So i figgured with all these Jeeps the only resonable thing to do is get another one. My wife is a EXTREAMLY patient person (obviously) and I hope you are as well, cause I am going to wrench for a while then get the wife to give a hand figguring out how to post pics. Then part 2 later, the arrival of my long dreamed of solid MJ Eliminator. Believe me this is gonna come together and be worth the read. I am really going to need your advise on quite a few things, so please stay tuned. MUCH more to come.

-Steve

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 52 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 18 Secs
    It sounds Like your Going to be doing the exact same thing I am with my MJ...

Good luck And I look forward to reading and seeing what you got planned...
    1989 Jeep MJ: 4.7L Stroker, 4WD Swap, 97+Conversion, RC Long Arm Upgrade Kit, 35x12.5x18 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, WJ D30, WK SRT8 Rear D44 w/approx. 8" Lift
    1983 Jeep CJ7: SOLD

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    You had me at climbing in a skirt.

j/k welcome to Jeepkings and im sure theres lots of people willing to lend some knowledge to ya.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 1 Day 7 Hrs 50 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    /\ me too! mmmmm skirts.....climbing..........
    Bring back the Cherokee http://www.petitiononline.com/Cherokee/petition.html

say what you want about my wife, leave my jeeps out of it.
    93 HO, 4.5" skyjacker lift, taurus fan, H4 lights, champion 8000lbs winch, custom home made front bumper, rear hitch, 136 amp alternator, 5-90's full mains set replacement with main fuse. High idle on switch, rear cargo area full extension drawer cabinet. Dual Batteries, Sanden oba and removable doors.V8 ZJ tie rod replacement with OTK insert.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 18 Hrs 37 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 10 Secs
    do a search on pirate4x4, there are a few mj build threads on there you might get a few more ideas,
    CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!
    DINGA DING DANG, MY DANGA LONG LING LONG
    OF4WD#5576
    BOOYAH!!!

Time Online: 6 Days 10 Hrs 27 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 31 Secs
    very interesting read ,if you need any parts or help,let me know .

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 37 Secs
    This thread is misleading... I'd report it if anybody cared

J/K.... welcome! And keep your camera handy, we all love pictures.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

lil_loco Guest
    check out comancheclub.com if you haven't already - lots of MJ builds including the facelifts! OH SO PRETTY!!!

Part 2-The MJ

Thanks for the replys and welcomes all.
    Jeepman-maybe not exactly haven`t seen yours though. Is there a thread I missed?
    Seems we have both skirt lovers and loco to model em here as well.....nice. How many jeep girls fit in back of a MJ? Thats a warming thought on a cold Sunday morninig.
    I even found some back-up here in the snowy north, thanks Bruces.
    Noltz-read on man, may not be as misleading as you think.
    Just want to say now,cause i know the lack of pics sucks. I am going to figgure out how to post em in part3. I am really new at posting and anticipate screwing up the pics, but I will prevail. They WILL be up today.
    Alright lets get rollin..
    I had pretty much given up on finding a solid MJ.Sooo many rotted beyond hope. Thanks to a member here (TJ, cool guy, great to deal with) I got a sweet deal on a 90 Eliminator. The body on it is rock solid, just needs a drivers floor pan. Truck has a 4.0 w/ 280000k serious blow by, its 2wd, 5spd, D35, buckets/console, full guages ,everyhing both there and functional. 4 hr drive home was perfect, pooched shocks and all, does anybody else agree that a Mj rides WAY better a XJ? Happy camper? You better believe it. You couldn`t have knocked the smile off my face with a hammer when it came into the garage. I ripped it apart and things looked even better after pressure washing the carcass. Scary solid, you will see TRUST ME!
    So all this FINALLY puts things up to date.
    Now "THE PLAN"
    Today is Jan25 (my b-day btw) I want to drive the MJ in a month.
    When I said 2000 MJ I meant it. I am changing EVERYTING, the truck will be fully operational OBD 2, 00 clip, doors,pwr windows and mirrors, both airbags as close to a true 2000 Eliminator as possible.4X4 auto. I have over 25 yrs experience licenced tech in chrysler shops (NOT London lol) so I can definatly pull this off. Not my first picnic On the road for $3000 minus the $700 for the truck.
    I am really torn with some details though, mostly lift. I am going to make a XJ bush toy so thats not what I want the MJ for. From what I have read the SOA flip yeilds 4.5". Match the front and I figgure I am in long arm country. Don`t want that, so do I stay under and add leafs, look to get 3.5" ( gotta easy clear 31s) or flip and hope longer short arms keep the awsome MJ ride? I think an almost stock look on this build would be best. Gonna try to stay on budget too, thats going to be the hard part.
    Let me know what you think while I work on the pics.

-Steve

pic test

-Steve
    edit HUGE!
    Last edited by Sandman; 01-25-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Day 19 Hrs 44 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 4 Secs
    IMO, if you're going to be into as much work as you obviously will be with changing EVERYTHING, why not spend the extra time to long arm the front?

Just my .02
    "If it's not broke, your not trying"
    -Red Green

2000 TJ, 3.5" RE Superflex lift, 1" coil spacers in front, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs, 9500lb winch, Super 30/35 front/rear e-lockers, newly re-installed (and straightned) HD Rugged Ridge tierod and draglink

Card carrying member of Team Red. Or would be if we had cards.....

pics?

Tryin again

-Steve

Good Question

Smellin what yer cookin havoc
    Please allow a old fart to climb up on the soapbox for a minute after WAY too many years repairing and modifying vechiles of all kinds I think people should always honestly answer the following questions before starting to mod a stock vechile, I`ll answer mine at the same time
    1- What does the vechile not do that you want it to do?
    A-Wifey no drivey sticky, gotta go auto.I`m too lazy anyway. Need the 4x4 in the land of ice and snow.Needs to be MILDLY trail rated, gotta get to the fishin hole.
    2- What do you NEED and expect from this vechile?
    A- Tow my boats, trailer or whatever (nothing huge) and be able to transport my quad or sno mo in the bed. Be a reliable nice lookin DD.
    3-What look are you going for? Alot of room between mild and wild.
    This one gets tricky and often results in 5 grand worth of custom paint left on the side of a tree. I think you have to really think about this one. No use runnin 39s all locked if yer afraid to scratch it.
    A- I plan on "pretty much" babying this truck. No major wheelin. Got XJs for that (easy to replace). Want a stock look, like what could have been kinda thing. Long arms (to me) push the mod meter too high for this build. I think XJs look like they "should have"(stock) at 3" and 30-31s. More than enough for mild trails too. Going for that kinda thing on the MJ. Need something I can be proud to ride in anywhere. Bush to big city.
    And most important
    4- How much you wanna spend? Time for a reality check. Don`t set the bar to high.
    A- I am going to build a "wild" cherokee for play. I have a 660 griz for crazy fun. These and the rest of the toybox and toolbox always have a hand in the pocket. We all (well most) have to budjet the funds. I am really going to try to stay under $3000 on this one. I could blow that in a heartbeat. Easy.
    Sorry for the rant , hope it gives you a better idea what i`m going for.

-Steve

Time Online: 6 Days 3 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Secs
    Sounds like you have some great plans for the MJ, I have alway liked those also, but like you, hard to find a good one these days!!

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 2 Mths 4 Days 13 Hrs 52 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 18 Secs
    I have not posted my Build up on here that is why It is not known as to what I am doing... Very Similar to yours only With a few twists... Oh and Funny My B-day was the 25th as well so Happy Birthday...

If you need any Info Just PM me and I will be glad to assist...

Some pics!

(Most of ) the fleet..

The mj

Been busy I have the Motor, trans and t-case That i`m using out and ready for a good going over.

-Steve

MJ has been bumped!!!

Hey MJ fans
    Sorry for the lag in new posts, I got a new toy for my b-day ( 3 in 1 machine from Duncan aka Titan winch, great guy to deal with). Problem is it really got me thinkin, the man cave needs to get the wiring upgraded to handle the 220 machine as well as the compressor. With all the grinding, welding, cutting and whatnot I realy have to do something to fire/spark proof the garage as well. It is attached to the house so I realy have to be carefull.
    I will update this week with pics of what I have come up with. Be lookin for some help on the elec. side too.
    Its coming together nice, the Eliminator is going to love it in here.
    I hope it is cool to add the "garage build" into this thread.
    How the hell does a 24 hr day keep getting shorter?
    -Sandman

Time Online: 2 Mths 3 Wks 3 Days 17 Hrs 2 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 57 Secs
    Look forward to the updates. Planning a similar build myself once resources and space come together..... 2018-2020 looks good lol.
    Tri-City Jeep Club