Thread: Volkswagon as a DD

Time Online: 2 Wks 3 Days 5 Hrs 11 Mins 1 Sec
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 24 Secs

Volkswagon as a DD

http://cambridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...AdIdZ106543711

what do you all think about this?? Anyone know how hard/much it is to fix that sort of thing?

I made an offer and they accepted but i would like to know what i would be getting into!

thank
    No fingers, no toes, she doesn't own elbows,
    No phalanges no knobby knees to knock.
    She don't need knuckles or hands to go see punk rock bands, She's always in the stands, she's nubs

Time Online: 2 Days 20 Hrs 54 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    depends on whats actually disconnected. Is it a broken cable, siezed linkage, siezed shifter, etc. I'd try putting the car in gear via vicegrips or something else on the shifter linkage at the transmission. if it doesn't move it might be more then they are letting on
    hero - the most overused english word

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 37 Secs
    Augie is right.. make sure the link levers at the transmission move freely. In a lot of cases, VW's require special tools to fix junk, and you really need to know the "tricks" to get the jobs done in the time Mitchell (time book) says it takes.

Now this is strictly my personal opinion and I'm not bashing on VW owners, but I hate VW's. To drive them, they're just fine. They actually work really well aside from the seats being too firm for my liking. But as a DIY'er, seek a Toyota. Rav4 and MR2 are the exception due to poor packaging. Camry, Corolla, Matrix, Tercel, Echo, Lexus ES300, Avalon... all great cars that are super easy to maintain and repair.

It's actually in my contract at work that "...under no circumstances will this employee be requested, assigned, issued, or by any other means required, to effect repairs of any sort on a vehicle designed and/or built by either Volkswagen or Audi manufacture... ". I truly hate them that much.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 25 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 8 Secs
    I had a 98 break the shifter arm in half right on the transmission, but if it's like the earlier mkIII's, it's mostly rods and clips. Some are plastic, some aren't. Parts are avail, but buyer beware!!
    What can I say, I'm Skitarded...

Time Online: 4 Hrs 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    shifter may/may not be easy repair, but i'd be concerned with why the right front wheel looks like it's pushed back towards the fender

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 16 Hrs 20 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 7 Secs
    ill sell you my old jetta for part for another grand

Time Online: 2 Days 20 Hrs 54 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by Noltz View Post
    It's actually in my contract at work that "...under no circumstances will this employee be requested, assigned, issued, or by any other means required, to effect repairs of any sort on a vehicle designed and/or built by either Volkswagen or Audi manufacture... ". I truly hate them that much.
    Your "clause" is hilarious & so true. The last car shop i worked at we had a strict vw policy, you had to be related to someone who was a long standing customer in order for us to work on it.

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    I had a 98 break the shifter arm in half right on the transmission
    Same here, cheap part super easy fix, open the hood and look, should be busted just sitting there
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 1 Hr 24 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    if you want a vw driver opinion or want to look at some of them on here try here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain?id=110 there are a lot of right ups, help, parts basically everything a potential vw owner needs. The link leads you to the Canadian classifieds.

*EDIT* being a vw driver myself and frequenting the forum my opinion for that year and km's its a little cheap i would look further into it make sure thats all thats wrong
    Last edited by aximiliei; 03-02-2009 at 01:34 AM.

My Mood
    Blah
    Time Online: 3 Wks 2 Days 5 Hrs 23 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 54 Secs
    I have a 95 golf 4 door for a parts car for $500 if you want lter on. No motor but has everything else. Motor is still in it now and the whole thing works great.
    Been dismantaled in the next month or so.

The front right does look a little squished into the back of the fender.