Thread: Fire proofing my fuel lines!

Time Online: 1 Day 21 Hrs 59 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs

Fire proofing my fuel lines!

Hey guys,

I just thought I would post some pics of what I did with my fuel lines to increase the protection of an engine fire.

If you have to much money invested in your toy and you don't want to watch it burn to the ground because the crappy stock rubber line decided to crack and you never look over you fuel lines as regular maintance. Then they spray raw fuel all over everything and then WHAM!!!

I upgraded my fuel lines with stainless braided fuel line that has about three different layers plus the bling stainless steel meshing. Then I used Russel fittings and adapters. This stuff is sweet to work with other than getting the sleeves over the stainless meshing.

This is a nice upgrade for a sat. or sun. afternoon! It's about three to four beers long depending on the strength and warmth of the sun, lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails allpartsfuelines.jpg   fuelinesputtogether.jpg   fuelrail1.jpg   fuelrail2.jpg  
    Work hard but play harder!

Just a couple more! They sure did clean everything up a bit!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hardlinesbefore.jpg   hardlinesafter.jpg   motornewlines.jpg  

Time Online: 3 Days 8 Hrs 52 Mins 56 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    Gee I don't know...
    I thought leaving it parked for 3 years was as fire proof as anybody could get.
    PitBoyz
    OF4WD #3203
    1978 CJ7, 350 EFI, T18, D20, D60/D60, 5.13s, Detroit/welded, 38" TSLs, Hummer H1 rims w/beadlocks, SOA on RE springs
    If I wanted serious, I'd be at work.

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 3 Mths 4 Days 14 Hrs 20 Mins 13 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Mins 46 Secs
    Where did you buy this stuff? I have been planning on this myself.
    Professional lunatic
    TJ V3.0 in the works "This is only temporary, unless uhhhh..... it works."
    I get confused once numbers get bigger than I can count on my appendages. I'm only good up to 21!
    one quarter turn before something breaks is a good torque spec.

H8TO WRK I bought them from E S Automotive on HarryWalker in Newmarket. They are a speed shop and have all kinds of it there. Ed is the owner there and he's a great guy to deal with. If you tell what your doing he will make sure you get all the right goodies!

I just have to finish it off back near the gas tank because there is little pieces of rubber hose between the fuel filter and hard lines.

Here is a little more info on the chit!

I use ES Automotive in Newmarket on HarryWalker for any drivetrain parts. Talk to Ed he's the owner and knows his shit and he's a good chill kind of guy!

Ok here is a parts list!

Russell fitting #640850 fuel rail clip on 3/8" adapter.
    Russell fitting #640860 fuel rail clip on 5/16" adapter.
    Earls fitting #360165 5/16" hose ends x 2 (these mate to the braided stainless hose to adapt to the fittings.
    Russell #610020 hose ends
    Braided stainless line 3 ft.

Total $240 tax in.

My set up might be different then yours. I have a GM V8 and the feed line is 3/8" and the return is 5/16". When I swapped in my motor I didn't bother swapping out my 5/16 feed line for 3/8" line. It's a 16ths between the two, who cares it runs great. Anyway I just adapted the to lines together.

Hope this helped more than the last post!

My Mood
    Amused
    Time Online: 2 Mths 11 Hrs 48 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 58 Secs

I prefer to use this stuff inside the engine bay. Similar in design however not as heat resistant. But common sense says you don't want to heat up your fuel anyways. The big plus is it is way more flexible costs slightly less and is easier to assemble.
    Poster does not represent or warrant the the information accessible via this post is accurate or complete. Except as specifically stated on this post, neither rbjeepthing nor any of his affiliates, will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this post.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 6 Days 21 Hrs 16 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins 4 Secs
    ^ Any brand name for that stuff in particular Adrian?

My Mood
    Amused
    ^
    http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...oclassic.shtml

We use this stuff and their pro industrial flame proof stuff that the public can't buy. Nice to be sponsored.

Well I don't know if it gets any easier than the AN fittings and line that I used. It's as flexable as it gets and more than enough to snake around to get to your hard lines. What about all the adapters that you need? Anyway it's a great upgrade whatever way you go!

L8ter, Jay

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepfarm View Post
    Well I don't know if it gets any easier than the AN fittings and line that I used. It's as flexable as it gets and more than enough to snake around to get to your hard lines. What about all the adapters that you need? Anyway it's a great upgrade whatever way you go!

L8ter, Jay
    The non SS is more maneuverable you use the same fittings and they don't require a hacksaw just a sharp knife. The SS stuff is nice too but in our experience the non SS works just that much better for our application.

I just read up on it and the only difference I found was that it's black because it's nylon in stead of stainless steal! It's still nice but the same shit dude all and all! It must be better though because you use it, lol!

My Mood
    Amused
    ^^lol nope just figured since we were discussing Russel products to let people know the differences. We use the SS stuff under the car obviously it handles abrasion better.

Adrian