Thread: Staun beadlock install

Hybrid View

Time Online: 6 Days 8 Hrs 35 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 31 Secs

Staun beadlock install

So I have installed a couple sets of these. I think they are a GREAT product!!. Installation is pretty simple.

Here is the beadlock, tube and the valve stem.

The first step is to prep the rim for installation, by locating and drilling the hole for the beadlock tube. Staun has some guidlines for this included in the instructions.

During the rim prep step you should also clean the outer lip of the rim so that there is NO sharp edges. This is so that you do not tare the tube or the beadlock. I used a file for this.

Once the rim is ready you install the first bead of the tire onto the rim. I also install the balancing beads at this time. Using some wood blocks, I prop up the tire to give some working room.

You need to prep the tube and beadlock with the powder that comes in the package. This is too alow the tube to sit nicly inside the beadlock. I do this with a little bit of air in the tube to make it easier, then release the air.

Once the powder has been put on you can slip the first (inner bead) of the beadlock into place.

Followed by the tube. Insert the tube valve through the hole you made earlier add tighten the nut finger tight.

1986 2 door XJ, 2.5L 5 spd, 231/300 twin sticked,
    8" lift, 36" IROKs, 44-9 frt axle with 5.13's and a detriot, rear 9" with 5.13's and a spool, custom track bar, custom snorkel,
    9500lbs winch with custom front and rear bumpers, SBS, Staang's FAB front and rear longarms, crossover steering.
    http://www.youtube.com/staang
    Need any Mechanical or FAB work done PM me or visit my website

Once the tube is installed you can slip the last lip (outer bead) of the beadlock into place. You must be very gental not to tare the beadlock. Using the drop in the rim (like installing a tire) is the only way to get the beadlock to fit without damaging it.

Make sure the tube is inside the beadlock all the way around. A quick inspection will confirm this, you might even have to feel for it.

The next step is to install the supplied valve stem.

The valve stem come with 2 different seals to fit the rim. You must pick the correct one to fit the rim.

Once the valve stem is installed you can install the outer bead of the tire, being very carefull not to damage it. Tire tools are not recomended. It is best to be done on a tire machine, starting just after the valve.

Once the outer tire bead is on you use the beadlock to set the bead by inflating the tube to 50psi. Then the tire to 20psi and release the air to confirm no restrictions. When all the air is out of the tire you then proceed to remove the air from the beadlock tube to allow the tube to relax and sit nice. Then fill the tube to 50psi and snug the nut for the valve, followed by setting the proper preasure in the tire.

Hope this helps.

Staang

Staun has a really good video on their website. Its almost 10mins long but full of good info for doing these!!

Time Online: 6 Days 3 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 29 Secs
    Very nice write up!! Been debating about getting some of these for the up comming season...

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 14 Hrs 23 Mins 47 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 44 Secs
    I had a set of InnerAir Beadlocks (not Stuan) bought from a member here. What sucks is 2 out of the 5 bags tore during install, so I said screw it and went for convention beadrings as I am sure they work and no flaw are hiding out of site.

Good rite up though. Not saying I would never go back to them.
    90 YJ. 4link F/R, 16" SAW Airshocks, 32bolt Beadlocks, D60/14bolt, Full Hydro/Hydroboost L67 3.8SC 700r4 NP231/D300
    02 Yukon XL on 37's DD
    91 Cherokee Juggy scrapped for Greener Grass
    I prefer to build it and not buy it, you see it, I probably made it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKMotorsports View Post
    I had a set of InnerAir Beadlocks (not Stuan) bought from a member here. What sucks is 2 out of the 5 bags tore during install, so I said screw it and went for convention beadrings as I am sure they work and no flaw are hiding out of site.

Good rite up though. Not saying I would never go back to them.

These things are tough.. as long as your gental putting the last (outer) bead on they won't rip. Beside if they stop hold air its just a new inner tube for all of 20 bucks.

Time Online: 4 Days 17 Hrs 22 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 23 Secs
    how much did those bad boys cost?
    buggy
    Tow Rig - 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    Other tow rig - 1997 Newmar Dutchstar
    OF4WD #5698
    OVO member

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 2 Days 3 Hrs 28 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 42 Secs
    still holding 50lbs

thx brotha
    '05 Rubi, 102" WB, Supercharged 4.0l, 37" MTR's, 14" CO's, Chromos, TerraFlex Swayloc, Currie AntiRock rear, Chevy/Warn 44 Hub Conversion, Stauns, Staang fabbed custom long arms, Tube Fenders & steering.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Days 17 Hrs 46 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 7 Secs
    This is a great solution for the daily driver truck

Good write up staang
    My latest project... Collection of Parts

Other stuff... Building a doubler, D300 Flip kit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    "Coil springs are for ballpoint pens and pogo sticks".
    ебут раком

I just did the install.. PM SKI for pricing.