Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Fallen Hero Run, Thursday March 12th. 2:30pm

Time Online: 46 Mins 48 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    I have to echo a lot of what has already been said!!

To be part of such a group of people, so willing to take time out of their days to show support to the family of a man many of us never knew. The phrase "It's a Jeep thing....." has never rung so true for me as it did today. I never met Marc, but as with George above, had troubles holding back the tears!!

My heart and prayers go out the the Diab family!!
    "Now with more lemon"

First time to the top of Greens - Sunday August 17th 2008 ... What a trail!!

'06 TJ, 2in BB with 33in MT Baja MTZ - Needs to be higher.... much higher

OF4WD Member # 5534

Time Online: 5 Mths 3 Days 13 Hrs 43 Mins 16 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 37 Secs
    ^^^^ Mudbunny has my donation!

Time Online: 1 Hr 15 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    My cousin Donny was also KIA in Afghanistan in early 2007 and being there today re-enforced for me just how much we owe the men and women who are fighting these f%$#kers over there so we don't have to fight them here.

Seeing another young Canadian with his whole life ahead of him brought home in a box makes me wish I was 20 years old again so I could help take a stand instead of sitting here on my fat ass enjoying the safety they are giving their lives for me to have.
    Need technical services or an anti-virus solution? www.i3tg.com

Disaster recovery? Ask me how. www.dynamicdr.com

My Philosophy

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 17 Hrs 48 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 52 Secs
    here is a sample of the pics.

Last edited by DaveVmax; 03-13-2009 at 02:22 AM.
    couple jeeps

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 5 Secs
    Huh, To try and put into words how i am feeling at this particular point is going to be a difficult task for me. After the out pour of kindness and respect i saw today, i know my shell is a little bit softer.

Today people from many miles away in every direction, every race, creed, colour and denomination, every walk of life and every size of tire came together as one. All for one reason, Trooper Marc Diab. Not all had the honour of meeting him in person, but we all shared the honour of having him as a member of our offroad community. He fell standing tall for us, fighting for our rights and saftey so we can wake up and carry on each day, kiss our children and families, have a job to goto and a hobby to play with. Trooper Marc Diab, and other brave soldiers, have paid the ultimate price for us, ALL of us.

Today over 40 trucks and over 60 people from this community stood tall for him, on his final voyage home, to show him the respect he deserves and the love and appreciation in our hearts. His memory will not fade, his actions will not be lost in politics, and his dedication will inspire future jeeper generations.

I am a crusty old curmudgeon, and most of you irritate me...but i have NEVER been more proud to be a part of this community as i was today. Differences were put aside, ego's were left at home and career's were put on hold. To those of you who really wanted to be there but could not, we all carried you with us and thank you. Your thoughts and emotions were heard.

When you wake up tomorrow, go find a Canadian flag on yer route to work, school, wherever and stop. Take a moment and thank Trooper Marc Diab and EVERY fallen soldier for their bravery and their sacrifices.

Out.
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

Time Online: 2 Days 22 Hrs 36 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 14 Secs
    Amen... from what I heard tonight awsome job everyone.... even though I couldn't make it my thoughts and preyers were with everyone. it just shows what a wonderful group of ppl is on this board... I am am very proud to be part of such a wonderful group of people.
    PitBoyz for Life
    the official trail sponcer for Jose Cuervo..
    READY FOR CAMPMING ALL YOU NEED IS A BOTTLE OF JOSE AND A LAWN CHAIR....... damn that embarrassing:confused:

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 16 Hrs 20 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 7 Secs
    i am sorry i missed this

the plack looks great

i would rather of been there than here for this day

i am happy to be apart of a group of people who show such
    support for each other.

as well as come together on a day like this

i dont know many of you on this forum but i know i am more than happy to
    be here to meet as many as i can
    Last edited by puzzel; 03-13-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    what i post get deleted so never mind

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Yes Gary S did an absolutly stunning job of that plaque, in person it even made my eyes water. Thank you bigtime for putting that together on such short notice.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Time Online: 1 Wk 5 Days 1 Hr 52 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 59 Secs
    I agree on the plaque, when Cheryl showed it to me I was speechless (and if you know me that's saying something).

When I woke up this morning I found myself thinking about Marc's girlfirend Mary and how much this has changed the course of her life. How incredibly generous it was of her to take the time to post here and to call Kevin yesterday to let him know that we had been seen and what that meant to her and Marc's family.

Often when we've read the news of the previous 111 heroes who have paid for that freedom with their lives, we don't focus much attention on those in their lives that have made personal sacrifices to love and support these heroes. Today when you see that flag and you stop to take a moment for Marc, please also remember those who love him and must face today without him.
    www.kingoftheshield.ca

OF4WD Member #3197

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 3 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 13 Hrs 12 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Mins 20 Secs
    That plaque looks amazing. Well done, and well done on the turnout to show your respect.
    Wish I could have been there in person.

Adam.
    #20OF4WD#3476

"Will roll over for treats"

97 XJ on 36's (with a few mods)

My Mood
    Bored
    Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 3 Days 22 Hrs 1 Min 49 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 49 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemInc View Post
    Today over 40 trucks and over 60 people from this community stood tall for him, on his final voyage home, to show him the respect he deserves and the love and appreciation in our hearts. His memory will not fade, his actions will not be lost in politics, and his dedication will inspire future jeeper generations.

Differences were put aside, ego's were left at home and career's were put on hold. To those of you who really wanted to be there but could not, we all carried you with us and thank you. Your thoughts and emotions were heard.

When you wake up tomorrow, go find a Canadian flag on yer route to work, school, wherever and stop. Take a moment and thank Trooper Marc Diab and EVERY fallen soldier for their bravery and their sacrifices.

Out.
    You guys and gals did us proud, I so wish I could have made it out, as my bro-inlaw is in Khandahar right now too. Just when you wonder about the level of patriotism left in this country with all the BS about the national anthem and stuff, it catches up to you, and brings you back to reality that there are our friends and family fighting for our very rights at this very second a world away. Dont ever let that escape from your daily thoughts!

Peace
    Tri City Jeep Club, OF4WD Member,
    2011 JK Unlimited Sahara, 2" Skyjacker, 35's, Sahara Tan <----His
    2000 WJ Ltd , 2" Skyjacker, 32's, Mall Crawler <----Hers

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Wk 1 Day 9 Hrs 56 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 41 Secs
    Whenever I hear on the news that another fallen soldier is coming home, I am always sad, being a part of this made me realize that sadness isn't enough. Although I didn't know dirtyleb personally, having this common interest made me (and many others)look at the affect that the death of a young brave soldier has on those who loved him. I wanted to be there yesterday to show his family and loved ones that the sacrifice that he made and that they made, was appreciated. I'm thankfull that dirtyleb was a member of this forum, because it has made me realize that his life, cut short, time with loved ones lost, time spent doing the things we take for granted; was no less significant than any other soldier who risks the same things for our freedom. I will be at every repatriation ceremony that follows(hopefullt there won't be too many more), to show the same support to those that I have no direct connection with that the sacrifice that they have made is just as important as the sacrifice that Marc made, and must not go unnoticed.
    If it feels good...Do It!

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 56 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    Glade it went well and the showing of support was there in full strength of the 4x4 community.

Remember, its not what you say about a person after they are gone, but how you treat them while they are still with us...

I am sure Marc will be missed greatly - but I am sure he was born with two soldierly qualities: a brisk military bearing and the gift of keeping severly cool in a fight.

Jeff
    The Klondike - Yukon Territory // Explore Canada's Arctic - Northwest Territories // Explore Canada's Arctic - Nunavut // Beautiful British Columbia - British Columbia // Wild Rose Country - Alberta // Land of Living Skies - Saskatchewan // Friendly Manitoba - Manitoba // Yours to Discover - Ontario // Je Me Souviens ( "I remember") - Quebec // A World of Difference - Newfoundland & Labrador // Birthplace of Confederation - P.E.I // New Brunswick // Canada's Ocean Playground - Nova Scotia

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 17 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    It was an honour to be part of this.
    PIT BOYZ - PB4L OF4WD # 4898 www.of4wd.com
    WHEN IN DOUBT... GO FULL OUT!
    1985 K1500. SBC, 700r4, 44 front, 14b rear 4:56 40" TSL's
    Drinks Well With Others!... WELL WITH MOST!
    PB4L

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 1 Day 7 Hrs 51 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Mins 43 Secs
    I was very disappointed that I couldn't make it out
    But I did stop and think several times during the day
    I'm glad that everyone who could come out made it out
    Also made me feel very good to know that we as a community can pull together
    Can you just imagine what we could do if we pulled together like this more often(society as a whole)
    That plaque is very nice and I'm sure his family will appreciate it greatly

Marc will be greatly missed by all....aswell as all of our fallen hero's....thank god for them fighting for me and my family
    They call me Monkey cause I'm the silver back of the bunch
    87 XJ Lifted with stuff(Zombie Apocalypse Edition)
    87 YJ Lifted with stuff(Wifes)Mall Edition
    99 Ram Toy Hauler Edition
    OF4WD Member 5275 www.4-lo.ca

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Thank you to everyone for your support of Trooper Marc Diab (DirtyLeb) and his family. Please know that it is appreciated by many.
    JEEPERS DO IT DIRTIER

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Just to put this back into peoples minds.

A good family friend Terry Draper, formerly of Klaatu (for us older guys) wrote a song dedicated to the highway of heros and all of it's fallen brothers in arms. Post production was done very close to this event but is only now coming out to the public. I hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAW6Cobf5k8