Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fallen Hero Run, Thursday March 12th. 2:30pm

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 17 Hrs 48 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 52 Secs
    it would be nice if the OPP would let us line the side of the highway with our jeeps.
    couple jeeps

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 5 Days 23 Hrs 38 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Mins
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVmax View Post
    it would be nice if the OPP would let us line the side of the highway with our jeeps.
    We visited that option and decided it's far too dangerous. No good can possbily become of pedestrians/stationary vehicles on the side of a 100-130km/h motorway.

There's no safe way to do it. I wouldn't stop on the 401 to change a tire unless I absolutely had to, so there's no way i'd suggest compromising any members' safety and encourage parking on the side of the highway for this.

Oh and Dave, my post may have sounded a little blunt/harsh but in no way was it intended as so. I understand your idea and it would be ideal, but it's just not safe enough to be executed.

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    There is a vigil at 8 pm (Tuesday night) at Marc's parent's house. More info here.

http://www.ourladyoflebanon.ca/Home.html

I just saw the CBC news report on him, sounds like a great guy, hes gonna be missed. His friend said they talked about camping and off roading trips for this summer. His Jeep was his baby.

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

Trooper Marc Diab aka DirtyLeb

Quote Originally Posted by MUD DAWG View Post
    Please post up if you find out more details about the when and where.

I don't see any issues with lining up on top of the overpasses. But anything else we decide to do, we should consult the family. If anyone knows them, please let us know. Maybe contact Marc's girlfriend?

If we decide to all meet up at the base (I don't even know if thats allowed), then maybe someone can drive his Jeep over there? Or tow it out there for him?

I'm just thinking out loud.
    I knew Marc and I know some of his family and best friends. I just now finished a phone conversation in which I invited them to visit JeepKings.ca to see first-hand the support coming from the Jeep community.

I also asked about his Jeep TJ and if the family wanted it present at one of our gathering points on the Highway of Heroes. The person I was speaking with did not know the current status of his Jeep and will be getting back to me Tuesday with a response. I will post the response from the family immediately upon receipt.

I was also told that Marc referred to his Jeep as his "2nd baby next to his girlfriend" and that he was excited to upgrade his Jeep this summer for offroading and fishing.

For photos of Marc and his Jeep and to leave your condolences please visit Facebook: Come Home Safe Marc Diab and Rest In Peace Marc Diab.

Everything you are hearing about Marc in the media is true. He really was a terrific young man and a passionate soldier.
    Last edited by JeepStar; 03-10-2009 at 01:48 AM.
    JEEPERS DO IT DIRTIER

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 35 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepStar View Post
    I knew Marc and I know some of his family and best friends. I just now finished a phone conversation in which I invited them to visit JeepKings.ca to see first-hand the support coming from the Jeep community.

I also asked about his Jeep TJ and if the family wanted it present at one of our gathering points on the Highway of Heroes. The person I was speaking with did not know the current status of his Jeep and will be getting back to me Tuesday with a response. I will post the response from the family immediately upon receipt.
    Thanks JeepStar, lets us know. The CBC report was pretty good on him.

I went through his facebook group, but didn't feel easy contacting his family. I'm sure they're overwhelmed as it is. But I'm sure they'll appreciate the gesture from his fellow friends on here. Let the family know its not an issue if Marc's Jeep is not drivable, I'm sure we can arrange to tow it out for him. We just wanna do things as respectful and helpful to the family as possible.

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD DAWG View Post
    Let the family know its not an issue if Marc's Jeep is not drivable, I'm sure we can arrange to tow it out for him. We just wanna do things as respectful and helpful to the family as possible.
    Thanks Mud Dawg. In my original phone conversation to the family I took the liberty of offering a tow vehicle and flatbed trailer as a possible option. If you or someone here could arrange for a tow rig to be on standby just-in-case it would be appreciated so we are not left scrambling at the very last minute.
    Last edited by JeepStar; 03-10-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Time Online: 1 Day 14 Hrs 56 Mins
    Avg. Time Online: 8 Secs
    My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

Canadians from coast to coast to coast are grateful to our all our soldiers like Marc who served our country in a safe, supportive and proud manner.

I am grateful of Marc's dedication and many accomplishments - and hope they serve as a foundation to future generations of what positive things can be achieved when you have commitment.

All the best soldier,

Jeff from Canada's Arctic (Yellowknife)
    The Klondike - Yukon Territory // Explore Canada's Arctic - Northwest Territories // Explore Canada's Arctic - Nunavut // Beautiful British Columbia - British Columbia // Wild Rose Country - Alberta // Land of Living Skies - Saskatchewan // Friendly Manitoba - Manitoba // Yours to Discover - Ontario // Je Me Souviens ( "I remember") - Quebec // A World of Difference - Newfoundland & Labrador // Birthplace of Confederation - P.E.I // New Brunswick // Canada's Ocean Playground - Nova Scotia

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 3 Wks 6 Days 4 Hrs 27 Mins 52 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins 14 Secs
    I sadly will not be able to attend.

Again my deepest condolences to the family of Marc.

And my greatest respect to our fallen hero.

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    would be honoured to attend

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 1 Day 2 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 6 Secs
    I'll be out for most of the day, and the meeting place and times look good, once back ill iron out meet times for the convoy from the west if people from down here wish to train together.

If some locals could help in what restaurant could handle a decent number local to the meeting place that would be great and hugely helpful, just post it up on here and such...have a feeling they will need a decent size parking lot and once decided a courtesy call stating u will be getting a bus load at around 4:30-4:45pm would help them too.

Cheers people
    Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain

Yer hot, wet, and extremely satisfying. You always put a smile on my face and yer the first thing i want in my mouth when i wake up....aaaaaahhhhhh Coffee, my only friend.

lil_loco Guest
    the Milton meet point for convoy will be at the timhortons/wendys on Market just off hwy25 south of the 401 near the 5th wheel truckstop/maplehurst prison.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 3 Hrs 23 Mins 35 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 55 Secs
    I will ask some questions this afternoon to see if any restaurants want to handle the post ceremonies for this event...

I will try and see if I can have an hour away from a few calls to show support for our fallen brother...

Time Online: 13 Hrs 33 Mins 27 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    I should be there i just booked tomorrow afternoon off work.

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 23 Hrs 25 Mins 50 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    I'm not sure about this, but since lining the highway is already WAY too dangerous, how about lining one of the on-ramps, or two consecuitively -depending on #s that show up) and communicate via CB so we can floor it and join the procession?

-Scott
    What can I say, I'm Skitarded...

LugNutz is offline President of Post Whore Guild
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 9 Hrs 16 Mins 39 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 8 Secs
    They average 120 in the procession, a lot of guys would have a hard time doing that. We want to keep this safe for all and show a united community paying respect.
    You never truly know your limits until you exceed them....

lil_loco Guest
    the spot Sarge found in Oshawa provides best view of the westbound lanes of the highway in safety for the group. literally it is a short chainlink fence and small ditch in separation from the 401... see the map here (use satellite image for best idea):

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=tosca%2...N&hl=en&tab=wl

Tosca Banquet Hall & Conference Centre‎
    800 Champlain Avenue, Oshawa, ON L1J 7A6‎

The idea of booking it after the procession from this point is not too difficult, unless your rig cant go happy 140kmph+ to catch up, as it is near an on ramp however due to security detail on/off ramps and a certain distance around the procession are off limits to all... so again this location provided the closest proximity and safety for those wishing to come pay their respects.
    Last edited by dvsjeep; 03-10-2009 at 10:23 AM.

There's a TON of restaurants at the AMC theatre plaza nearby. And a massive parking lot that's never full.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 59 Secs
    Don Cherrys is on the street less then a K away
    not to mention hooters just up thickson about 3 k
    and Jack Asters in the AMC.. etc.. at 5 pm
    we will not have an issue doing a walk in
    but if you guys want i can call ahead
    just let me know what place you all want to eat at...
    Jeeps, Bitches and Guns... Nuf Said

Time Online: 12 Hrs 20 Mins 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Secs
    Cherrys!!!! Haven't been to one of those in years! yummy