Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics from Highway of Hero's run...

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Pics from Highway of Hero's run...

I have to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for showing up with those Jeeps lined up on the side of the highway. I didn't think there would be so many of you. I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to surprise them. And Surprise them you did. They couldn't believe their eyes. Everyone is talking about it, and words can't express what that meant to the family when they saw it. It has changed my way thinking, I have felt the impact from those who went out of their way to support someone they do not know. And in turn, I will pass this good deed on, because it has inspired me.

I have uploaded some photos: they are pictures of every bridge that we went under. In addition, I have uploaded a video from the start of the journey to the highway of heroes.

P.s I will upload more pic's from my friends when I get them. This is the actual run, procession picks will come tomorrow, I have reserved a few posts for this. So check back soon! I'm also having trouble uploading the video, so give me a few hours for this as well.

Some of my friends in front; they rented out a jeep for this event.

My favorite one:

Last edited by R.I.P Marc Diab(DirtyLeb); 03-13-2009 at 02:09 AM.
    I was Marcs Diab's(DirtyLeb) long-time friend. He was a soldier of the Canadian forces', and active memeber of this site. He died March 8, 2009. He was my brother from a Lebanese mother.

Last edited by R.I.P Marc Diab(DirtyLeb); 03-13-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Here are some military related posts he had on this site

rom one of his jeep club websites...

DirtyLeb (Marc Diab)

03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
    you know its fun and all, i been in for 4 years now, armoured Recce. Reg force Petawawa. the only problem is...th feaken recruiting centres, dont let them persuade you into something you knw absolutely nothing about, if you have a skill, go into a trade that you are comfortable with. alot of stress, and resposibility come with the job, as i am sure does with all other jobs, but you will find yourself making decisions even at a younger rank that will affect other people within your group. choose what you want to get into wisely, because they will tell you, oh well go into infantry now, and when you are in th system its easy to switc to diffrent trades, what they dont tell you that if your trade is flagged red, your stuck till your contract is up, unless you go JTF2 Human intel , or CSOR. i recommend you research ever bit of it, where every tradeis available location wise, i.e close to family or not, as well, they can ve youwherever they see fit, be it wainright, vancouver, borden, pet, even quebec.

its fun, its secure, but lots comes with the job

03-01-2009, 01:23 PM
    and oh.....couple more things, its not like the movies.....Afghanistan sucks.....and if you dontlike losing friends, its not the job for you.

sorry for being blunt,i just cant wait to get the hel home. so do all the others ...TV LIES

03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
    Beakie, not sure if you been to afghanistan yet or not....but this aint no kabul tour i guarantee you that, as well, im not sure where you got the statistics from, but i myself have been through 9 IEDs thats only my vehicle, aside from the lucky patroles, where we were inches away from hitting an anti pers mine, then mounting up only to hit it with the vehicle. we have gone through 16 replacements so far for the injured guys only from my troop alone, where we are 32 guys. 1 dead. some of those injured will never be able to run again, let alone carry something because of broken backs. so you might want to reconsider your statistics on this job being dangerous or not, sure in canada might not be dangerous (aside from couple guys falling off tours while on excersice) or off vehicles, with brain damages. but sure, if you like to stay in canada chances are you will serve your full 25 years with no complications moving up the ranks and a good pay and job security.
    as well, if you do stay in KAF(kandahar air field) which is the main camp as a support trade where you will never see outside the wire....your laughing! massage parlors, poker nights all that good jazz, but for us ones who do go outside spend weeks in OPs driving through the desert and IED infested road, i would say its pretty dangerous. given what....a 25 000 dollar deal over 6 months? is it really worth someone's life....maybe you can ask Brian Good, or the 111 soldiers who lost their life...but like soldier like me i didnt come here for the money i came for the 32 guys i have been training with for the past 4 years, some which have been with me the very first day i signed up at the recruiting office. its a big family and you get attached quickly, i couldnt ask for better frends.(like they say on TV "they truly believed in the mission") not very true, i kno brian wanted to get out and open a paint shop. tpr caswell wanted to be a proffesional motorcycle racer...and so on you get the idea.
    again sorry for being blunt but its the truth of the matter. (i dont think tv reports all the injuries here either...when they say 1 dead and three injured..usually the three injured...are F"{:ed up injured...sometimes they rather be dead.

just my two cents on the matter.
    thanks for putting up with my bitching heheh. lets hope we all come home safe to our families and loved ones, that is my only wish for all my brothers in arms.
    cheers.

03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
    on a positive note, i have seen many parts of canada that i have never dreamed of seeing....thanks to the military. we do alot of travelling even to the states...which is amazing as well as holland, for the ninmegan team where you march over 3 days some crazy amount of kms with other armies....the 20 days of in one year is really great cause they throw in extra days...they dont count weekends...and usually the give you stat or special day leaves. in the military you can get in the best physical shape you dream of, and alot of ammenities are free, like a full professional gym....diffrent sports teams...where you go across canada and play against other teams on other bases...lotsa of fun lots of acivities...as well as i will be buying my first house at the age of 22, and out of debt, as well as i will be studying while the military pays for my education. alot of positive things come with the job, but also a big responsibility, and defenitly agree on young teens joining instead of doing drugs and waisting their life living day to day basis, having nothing to look forward to.

03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
    military defenitly changed my life for the better.

---

03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
    (username)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DirtyLeb View Post
    military defenitly changed my life for the better.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

Marc Diab aka "DirtyLeb" was claimed by a Roadside Bomb in Afghanistan today.

Hard to believe he was posting here only a few hours ago.....

RIP Brother.

(username)
    Last edited by R.I.P Marc Diab(DirtyLeb); 03-14-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Time Online: 1 Day 9 Hrs 48 Mins 7 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    Very good pics, sorry for your loss.

My Mood
    Cool
    Time Online: 1 Day 21 Hrs 24 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    My thoughts and prayers for your family, he is a hero and his actions in life will always remind us of the ultimate sacrifice he made for our freedom. R.I.P
    GO HARD OR GO HOME !!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 3 Wks 3 Days 6 Hrs 38 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 2 Mins
    We can not chose when our lives will end!
    however we can chose how we live the life we have!
    Marc chose a path that would let him help others that needed a strong mind and a big heart. I can not think of a more Noble way to live.
    Servicing your family, friends, Country and people you have never meet.
    From my family to yours,
    Nya:weh (Thank You)
    Jeeps, Bitches and Guns... Nuf Said

Time Online: 1 Day 13 Hrs 35 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs
    Here is some pictures to add to the collection.

Totally amazed from the support of the JeepKings community. Thanks again for letting me be part of this memorial and supportive outing.

Best wishes out to the family of the fallen hero.
    ZZ

*Another link with pictures as well: http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=88504
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09Mar12 001.jpg   09Mar12 002.jpg   09Mar12 003.jpg   09Mar12 004.jpg   09Mar12 008.jpg  

09Mar12 009.jpg   09Mar12 007.jpg  
    Last edited by ZZTEC; 03-13-2009 at 08:39 AM.
    PitBoyz Family: Honour, Loyalty, & Integrity
    Membership has its Privileges
    Proud JeepKings & OF4WD Member #2528

Time Online: 4 Mths 2 Wks 6 Days 22 Hrs 22 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 11 Mins 37 Secs
    Thank you for sharing those with us.

British Bulldog, and Mayhem tried their best to get the OPP to let us park on the side of the highway, but they wouldn't. So we tried our best to make sure you guys noticed we were there for you. We were very happy the family noticed and honked.

We are truely sorry for your loss

There are plans in the making for a trail run in Marc's name. We would love to have any of his friends and family come out with.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 4 Hrs 15 Mins 17 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 52 Secs
    Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures.

thanks guys

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 45 Secs
    Thank you for sharing the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by PHREAKGEEK View Post
    Marc chose a path that would let him help others that needed a strong mind and a big heart. I can not think of a more Noble way to live.
    Couldn't have put it better myself!
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs

Thank you.

Thank you to everyone here for your generous support of Marc Diab. Please know that it is appreciated by many.
    JEEPERS DO IT DIRTIER

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 16 Hrs 20 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 7 Secs
    this is always hard to watch.
    I am happy the pictures where put up thank you

I travel all over canada and hardly ever do i hear or see people talk about
    the Candian Armed Forces, in a nice way.

Mostly I have only heard the bad, people making shitty comments about about them. (this was me as well, i was in at one time)

So when I see this, it is hard to watch. One of Canada's sons. fallen.

You can bet the next time, some one make a dimwitted comment, I will speak up again,
    telling them to shut up or put up..

(sorry that is a crappy line)

soldier on marc

to every one still serving, we are all proud.
    Last edited by puzzel; 03-14-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: um
    what i post get deleted so never mind

Media Coverage - Trooper Marc Diab (DirtyLeb)

If anyone has any media coverage of the Highway of Heroes procession for Trooper Marc Diab (DirtyLeb) please post it on JeepKings. One of the overhead highway bridge pics has a media satellite camera truck and the media previously reported that the family was allowing media on the tarmac for his arrival at Trenton. Thank you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 4 Mths 1 Wk 4 Days 17 Hrs 32 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 10 Mins 51 Secs

Thank you Plowboy.

Time Online: 1 Wk 6 Days 16 Hrs 20 Mins 10 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 7 Secs
    thank you a second time