Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics from Highway of Hero's run...

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 2 Days 12 Hrs 45 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 24 Secs
    I have sat here since Marc's repatriation trying to figure out what to say. I have discovered that there is no way to truly express how I feel over his death. We have all learned alot from his passing. He was able to bring us all together as a community and put all our differences aside. Alot of people have grown to respect our troops more than every before, people are more patriotic then ever before. Not only did he teach people in life, he was able to do the same in death. Marc's family should be proud of what he became. I know I am proud to have had him as a member on this forum, even though I never met him. I want to thank Marc's mother for raising her son the way she did. To Mary, I am very saddened that you never got to live your life with the man you loved.

I wish to thank everyone that showed up to Marc's repatriation and for the donations that we collected for the family. I would also like to thank gary s for gratiously making the plaque for the family. Mayheminc you did a fantastic job of pulling this together on such short notice, thank you.

Marc's funeral will be held Tuesday March 17th 10 am @ Our Lady of Lebanon Parish O.A.M @ 1515 Queen Street West Toronto, Ontario
    M6R 1A5

If anyone else is going to attend or wishes to add to the donation, let me know asap
    At some point tomorrow I would like to turn over the donations and the plaque to his family.

Thank you Marc, you have made a difference.

Kevin Adnitt
    British Bulldog

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Hey guys, some of you were wondering whether it was a private funeral, and the answer is no, its open to all. Marc was not only a son and a brother, he was also a soldier of Canada. So we understand people want to pay tribute not only to him, but to Canada as well.
    I was Marcs Diab's(DirtyLeb) long-time friend. He was a soldier of the Canadian forces', and active memeber of this site. He died March 8, 2009. He was my brother from a Lebanese mother.

Time Online: 1 Day 6 Hrs 30 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    I was hoping to attend, but it looks like that's not going to be possible. Our prayers and condolences go out to Marc's family and friends...
    1995 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 46RH, 249, D30/D35, stockish, his....
    2004 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, 45RFE, NV247, D30/D44, stock, hers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfest
    "It's $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, $15 for a ZJ..."
    "What's a ZJ? "
    "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

"WEAR RED ON FRIDAY'S"

Tpr Diab paid the ultimate price, and for that _EVERY_ single Canadian, American and Allied Nation should be proud of him.

Marc, on behalf of everyone, Thank you for giving your life so that others may benefits from freedom and liberties that people take for granted. You are truely a hero in every sense of the word and truely someone who will be deeply missed.

My fellow Canadians, support our men and women who fight for freedom. Support our men and women who leave their homes on Canadian soil, not really knowing if they will be returning. Wear Red on Friday's, show your support for our brave Canadian Forces.

Tpr Marc Diab, Rest In Peace, Your Work Here is Done Now.

In solidarity,
    Phil Casimiri, SBStJ
    Last edited by EMS Paramedic; 03-16-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Phil
    Commanding Officer
    325 Oakville Community Services
    St. John Ambulance

bump

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Day 1 Hr 28 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 14 Secs
    R.I.P. My brother in Arms. May your new trails be muddy. and fit for only a jeep!

Time Online: 1 Day 11 Hrs 59 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 7 Secs

Trooper Marc Diab Memorial Run

The idea for a Trooper Marc Diab Memorial Run was suggested here on JK shortly after his death. With both the Pit Boyz and OF4WD having their respective AGMs this weekend I suggest it be put on the meeting agendas or at least be discussed by those in attendance to aid in the promotion and planning with the JK community. Thanks.
    JEEPERS DO IT DIRTIER

Time Online: 4 Days 20 Hrs 50 Mins 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 24 Secs
    i wish i would have seen this thread sooner, to wish my heart felt remorse for your loss.

sorry i didnt make it down, but every time i do it worrys my mom, seeing my dad is there for a second time. this one hase changed him more then all the other places he has been in the past including irac in the 90's.

looking at this makes it a bit harder to say it is there job and its what they do, especially when half the ppl in this country take what our soilders do for granted..

so in closing can you please thank his family for his sacrifice and there loss cause there are still plenty of us who appreciate and respect all there hard work!!!