Thread: 2000 dodge minivan brake problem

Time Online: 3 Days 21 Hrs 13 Mins 36 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 19 Secs

2000 dodge minivan brake problem

replaced front roters and calipers . went to bleed brakes only left side would bleed right wouldn,t any information would be helpfull

Time Online: 3 Days 6 Hrs 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 16 Secs
    defective caliper? Kinked line? Does the right and left side both have separate lines from the master cyl?

Time Online: 3 Days 10 Hrs 33 Mins 41 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 17 Secs
    The bolt that attaches the brake hose to the caliper has a hole going through it and 2 holes just under the bolt head. Is one of those holes lined up with the brake line to allow fluid to go to the caliper?
    2009 Subaru WRX STi
    R.I.P. 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7L
    R.I.P. 94 Grand Cherokee 5.2L

Time Online: 3 Days 18 Hrs 40 Mins 42 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 18 Secs
    bleed the right back first then the left back and then right front then left front ( I know u only did the front but this is the common Practice I think u have a 4 line setup) other wise u will need to gravity bleed the right till u get fluid the do the reg 3 pupms hold and bleed the right. after a bit then rebleed the left shout come.. once u get fluid the right side u may have to start van to get enough preesure to reste the propotioning valve..The caravans r finicy.. why did u replace the caliper to start with? there are a few issues that act like stuck calipers when it is actually a booster master problem..

replaced a leaking caliper 6 weeks ago seemed ok. wife started to complain 2 weeks ago about noise,bye the time i got back { gone two weeks,} left side ate new rotor. friday replaced left one so both are new but wont bleedthe right . ille try to bleed all 4 or bleed line before caliper if possible. propotioning valve or master cyl my buddy mentioned but we will try a 4 wheel bleed first. first time replacing a {wet} part most other brake problems were just pads roters, first time with a leak ,replaced right rotor at home wife helping to bleed brakes pump and hold . never confident on her help at all but appeared to work ok.looking back i thinkwhen i seated the brakes it felt ok,brake hard loose hands on wheel see if it pulls left or right, but with proportioning valve the pull to one side was not noticeable. {thanks for a quick response this site is ausome} Bryn

Time Online: 6 Days 10 Hrs 20 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 31 Secs
    best line I have read in a while , "never confident on her help at all " ,

solved problem ... bad master cyl. one hole for front left rear right then other right front left rear blocked . re and re part problem solved thanks once again for the quick response..... Bryn