Thread: Cj-7 die and die again...

Time Online: 3 Hrs 51 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

Cj-7 die and die again...

so my first jeep i picked up from some1 who got it from some one else, blah blah blah....it is a 84 cj 7 with a 94 yj 6cyl, 94 grand cher auto tranny, 231, 35 axels... this was all done before i picked it up,
    mostly i did alot of body work, left the love bumps mostly dealt with the big damage..paint and rhino lined the int....
    i put a posi lock 4x4 on, 4" superlift, 33 trxus, painless wiring kit, some other minor stuff....brake lines, brakes etc..
    i want to put a 2 -3 " body lift to correct an issue with how the body fits on what i think is yj frame, and to run 38's..

I want to invest in the drive train next...axels w/lockers air front/ detroit rear,
    but i think i want dana 60,s min, as this is going to be an off road rig built for mountain and fire road use, out west,
    to push this i want a v8 or diesel 6...a t-case i can run independant shifters for, ......
    I know this is alot of work obviously and i am in no hurry the jeep runs now and i ll leave it untill she dies....soon...as i want...
    I want to buy a puller for it right now, some thing older, i looked at a sweet 78 power wagon and another diesel dodge...I want o run the truck then use the parts as many as i can..t case engin axels etc for my eventual build...
    my question is what would be or has been successfull donor trucks for your builds.. more specifically years and makes, i am kinda stuck on dodges but what ever works...
    cheers
    10-4 I SEE It, I see IT!.....over and...OH F#CK!

Time Online: N/A
    1994-1996 dodge 2500 gas diesel whatever there a verry stout truck.

a friend has a rotted 1500 diesel for sale with a fresh engine but he wants good money for it($4000)
    but it has everthing you need its only d44 axles tho.

i have looked at a few 96's as i knew they had the hard ware i was after, but still a little pricey for me as i am a cheap ass...i think though that is where i would get the best parts for the money...

I also have been looking for motor mount relocates for diesel conversions with little luck.
    How much of a parts base is there for diesel conversions, i want to use the engine/tranny tcase combo from the donor with custom axels, so i dont need any adapters there, pretty much just for the mounts, though i just dont know my welding skills are up to it, though maybe by the time im ready to build...