Thread: not a jeep but its my new project

Time Online: 4 Hrs 5 Mins 9 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A

not a jeep but its my new project

the 440 in the background is donating the drive train for the kart.

its going to be my first project of its kind.

Last edited by Sighless; 07-17-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: adding the link to the picture.
    [RIGHT]35X12.5R17" DC MUD COUNTRY'z / 6" HELLAS / FLOWMASTER 40 SI/DO / SuperChips 91 tune / COLD AIR INTAKE / 3.92 ANTI-SPIN / TAYLOR WIRES / POWERAID TB SPACER / TRANSGO SHIFT KIT / 12" SOLOBARICS / CUSTOM HOMEBREW FIBERGLASS'D BOX / LoRider CARPETED TONNEAU

fixed my picture.
    Last edited by Sighless; 07-17-2009 at 05:07 PM.

it has a LSD rear-end out of a quad, and whoever owned it before me, messed up the steering but i plan on fixing that up this weekend along with new spindles..

Time Online: 22 Hrs 24 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    That is very similar to the old Honda Odyssey, back before they re-used the name and made a minivan. I put a 440 Rotax in my Odyssey just a few things to watch out for, make sure your engine gets enough cooling I assume that one is a fan cooled so you should be good. A snowmobile engine is jetted rich so that it will not lean out too much in the really cold days but you may need to lean up the jetting a bit once you are done fitting everything.

I am interested in how this thing works out, good luck and make sure to post pics along the way, these things can be more fun than a Jeep, oops I may get banned.

ha ha ha
    Rod

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 5 Days 8 Hrs 29 Mins 23 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 38 Secs
    I had an Odyssey when I was a kid. Modified to full suspension, and a Yamaha 450 in the back. Kept the sequential six speed, and had planned a starter motor reverse for it but ended up selling it before it was done. Not mine, but here's what they looked like stock.

First thing on your's is to strip it and build a proper cage for it. That' looks mighty flimsy.
    ....-Noltz
    '91 Frankenheep Edition. 4.0, 4" BDS, Richmond 8.8, 35" KM2's, Titan 12k, ... gone.
    '95 4Runner SR5. Air-Lift bags, OBA & 8K Winch, DD... gone.

Time Online: 22 Hrs 24 Mins 38 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    That Odyssey looks like a newer one, my 1980 model never had a full cage, just a hoop above your head. They are tons of fun though, the lack of rear suspension keep the speed down on the trails.
    Put in a full harness too, safety first.