Thread: 2002 Focus tranny problems

My Mood
    Lurking
    Time Online: 1 Wk 4 Days 10 Hrs 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 56 Secs

2002 Focus tranny problems

I have a 2002 Ford focus (Kid hauler) and yesterday my wife says " The car is acting funny it reves really high when it shifts"

So I go hmm strange I take her for a test drive and it shifts fine .... untill it has to go into OD

It will shift fine till then but then its like putting it into neutral untill the car slows down enough for the tranny to be in 3rd gear

If I turn off OD using the button on the side of the shifter the car runs and drives fine just no OD

I checked out the oil level in the trans with the engine running on a level surface (pulled it into the shop at work) it was down a little bit but not below the low mark so I topped it up just in case but it still does the same thing

any body have any thoughts or ideas what should I check next

Figures I just find the tranny that I need for my Jeep and the trans in my wifes car goes for a shit hopefully this is somthing stoopid and easy so that I dont have to pass up on the jeep tranny cause I can only afford one or the other

Time Online: 3 Hrs 45 Mins 29 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    Most od switches are not to much to do for your regular mechanic and a service kit might be a good plan. Service your car well and it will serve you well!!

Time Online: 5 Days 12 Hrs 40 Mins 55 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 27 Secs
    you can service the hell out of a focus and it will still shit in your lap at the end of the day

Time Online: 1 Day 6 Hrs 30 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by flatblackzj View Post
    you can service the hell out of a focus and it will still shit in your lap at the end of the day
    that's not true......I've driven the piss out of my 01, and in 4 years it's only needed a fuel pump and front struts (coil problems, actually...struts were fine)
    1995 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 46RH, 249, D30/D35, stockish, his....
    2004 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, 45RFE, NV247, D30/D44, stock, hers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfest
    "It's $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, $15 for a ZJ..."
    "What's a ZJ? "
    "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Time Online: N/A
    Avg. Time Online: N/A
    have it scaned
    it will come up with a code and a letter a,b,c or d each of these are solinoids in the trans

od is solinoid a i beleve

peal off the trans pan and replace solinoid(easy job) the part is around $50 from the dealer the dealer will also print out a schimatic of the solinoid locations