Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhino lining TJ

My Mood
    Drunk
    Time Online: 18 Hrs 6 Mins 46 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 3 Secs
    fukk yah i shouldve used the gun i think, cuz its not as rough as id like it to be but its decent for the cost like i said. aw well. i can always redo it if i need to. did u get any pics of the finished result or no??

Time Online: 1 Wk 18 Mins 20 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 34 Secs
    I used the same kit and have to say that I'm not a huge fan. Maybe I just got lazy with the prep but it already wore off on the drivers side floor pan and on the diamond plate I have on the outside. I really wich that I sprayed it on, it might have made all the difference.
    93 YJ
    4" rough Country Susp. lift 2" shackle lift 2" Body Lift, TJ Flares
    35" M/T's
    Cobra CB with no antenna (thanks Grimsby)

Time Online: 1 Wk 2 Days 20 Hrs 5 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 48 Secs
    Yea, the texture came out nice and grity but not rough if you know what i mean. Kinda like sand paper if you painted over it if that makes sense. I wouldnt do it over again unless it starts peeling i would imagine that stufff would be a pain to get off. But here are some pictures with most of my interior back in. Its been about a week and i havent seen any sign of wear at all.

My Mood
    Drunk
    kk col thanks, looks good- better than mine for sure.good job

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by summer View Post
    fukk yah i shouldve used the gun i think, cuz its not as rough as id like it to be but its decent for the cost like i said. aw well. i can always redo it if i need to. did u get any pics of the finished result or no??
    You can tell it was applied by a brush/roller instead of a gun. I'm not knocking your work, it looks good, I'm just saying that the texture end-result depends on how you apply it.

When you get a chance, can you post more pictures?
    OF4WD Member # 5887

Quote Originally Posted by craveneh View Post
    You`d be surprised what your capable of when your balls are not in someones purse
    For Sale:
    Tan Rear Seat - 2004 TJ | Rear Seat Belt Assembly - Complete

Coming Soon:
    American Racing 172s | Jeep TJ Mopar Add-a-trunk | Roller fairlead + cable | TJ Liftgate Spare Tire Mount w/ Centre Stop-Light | Rubi D44 Factory Diff Cover

My Mood
    Breezy
    Time Online: 22 Hrs 14 Mins 19 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Secs
    I did this to my TJ back in 98. It was done by a shop tho'. It was great, they guy says, $250 cash.

I say np. When i get back to pick up my truck he says, "don't tell anyone i gave it to you for that price!"

I say np. Its held up pretty well. With the exception of the Drivers Side Floor Board.

I would strongly sugges a very Thick layer near ur heels or make sure u use some rubber mats as well.

Mine wasnt Rhino liner it was some REFLEX or sumptin. Nice n Thick. The guy even sprayd my tailgate.

this is the BEST upgrade i've ever done, and should be the 1st thing anyone does to their Heep.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Day 19 Hrs 44 Mins 43 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 4 Secs
    I had mine done by Line-X in Newmarket.
    In addition to having the interior completely done, I had a front bumper, steering box guard, and front bra all sprayed.

"If it's not broke, your not trying"
    -Red Green

2000 TJ, 3.5" RE Superflex lift, 1" coil spacers in front, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs, 9500lb winch, Super 30/35 front/rear e-lockers, newly re-installed (and straightned) HD Rugged Ridge tierod and draglink

Card carrying member of Team Red. Or would be if we had cards.....

My Mood
    Cynical
    Time Online: 1 Day 7 Hrs 50 Mins 4 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 6 Secs
    /\ hate to think what you payed for that

I used gator guard Summer and loved it, I did my roof and lower quarters of the doors as well as the rocker panels. I'm sure it would look more uniform if sprayed but a lot more work with covering up for overspray etc. I'm quite happy with the end results and not concerned about it holding up over time. Sure smells for a day tho eh Summer? Wow!
    Bring back the Cherokee http://www.petitiononline.com/Cherokee/petition.html

say what you want about my wife, leave my jeeps out of it.
    93 HO, 4.5" skyjacker lift, taurus fan, H4 lights, champion 8000lbs winch, custom home made front bumper, rear hitch, 136 amp alternator, 5-90's full mains set replacement with main fuse. High idle on switch, rear cargo area full extension drawer cabinet. Dual Batteries, Sanden oba and removable doors.V8 ZJ tie rod replacement with OTK insert.

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 23 Secs
    If you need ghetto mud/water friendly floor mats to protect your liner or even stock floor paint, the rubber mat 1m x 1m shop floor stuff at Home Depot works very well. I have that lining the floor of my trunk area too and it stops the paint scraping.

My Mood
    Drunk
    how do i add more photos?

Time Online: 2 Days 12 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 9 Secs
    Do those with no carpets find their vehicles a lot louder? I realize they are Jeeps and loud already, but I would imagine the carpet soaks up a lot of echo from the cabin?

Time Online: 5 Mths 19 Hrs 40 Mins 6 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 12 Mins 23 Secs
    I have cheapo bedliner from a can and its louder ... if my Jeep is totally empty. With the usual collection of crap it's just about the same.

Time Online: 1 Mth 3 Wks 6 Days 15 Hrs 34 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 44 Secs
    My soft-top is so loud that I don't think there would be a difference in carpet or no carpet.

Time Online: 2 Mths 1 Wk 1 Day 22 Hrs 39 Mins 24 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Mins 40 Secs
    i have no carpet and it is a little louder than with it.... the one thing i notice is that the temp is higher by my feet.... over the transmission tunnel especially
    1997 TJ - Modified enough to get me through
    2007 WK - DD
    RETREAD #14

My Mood
    Drunk
    UPDATE:
    Looks pretty good, I think its been about 2 weeks and I'm happy with it. Between my dog in and out and going to the beach, and whatnot it's holding up well so far. It's alot easier to clean and drain out if u spill something.
    I tried to add more pics but it didn't work.
    Don't u guys listen to music??loll the sound is nothing without carpets, ull get use to it.

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 17 Hrs 48 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 52 Secs
    looks good....i need to redo mine its peeling up.
    couple jeeps

Time Online: 3 Wks 1 Day 17 Hrs 48 Mins 14 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 52 Secs
    and yes it is way louder then having the carpet in but the sub and aftermarket speakers drown out the road noise

Time Online: 7 Hrs 14 Mins 5 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Sounds like a lot of people have done away with their carpets...anyone still have there's kicking around somewhere and want to part with them? I was hoping to ad some carpeting to mine!