Thread: 76' CJ7 resuscitation

Time Online: 1 Day 1 Hr 39 Mins 32 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

76' CJ7 resuscitation

Hello all I'm new to Jeep kings. Want to say I'm happy to be a part of this great community of Jeepers!!!
    My jeep is named Bruno he is a 76' CJ7. I bought it from a guy in Sarnia for a good deal. He was asking a little much but he had completely rebuilt the back half of the jeep and floors. Tube steel frame wheel wells with 16 guage steel around the tub... or 14... dunno but it's a ****in tank! Reinforced frame and a chev motor w/TH400. He bought the adavance adapter converter to the Quadra JUNK T-case and the rest of the original drive train.
    Over the years I just enjoyed driving it. I put a 327 from a 68' Impala boared .030 over, lots of great parts too many to mention. Shift kit in the trans, and replaced 4.. yes 4 t-cases. So much so The guys I was getting them from no longer have any. So Bruno sat sadly for a year while I went through a divorce... she always did say he would outlast her!
    Enough is enough. Bruno needed reviving. I did lots of research into Jeep t-cases and alternate ideas. finally I came upon a great site that matched years of vehicles and makes that matched parts I was looking for... sorry lost the bookmark guys.
    My salvation came in a 91 blazer. It had no motor but it did have a TH700R4 with a mated NP208. It also had a 3/4 ton axles and military rims!
    At present time I've torn down the blazer, leaving the firewall on the frame. After parking the two next to each other many possibilities for a monster jeep seemed present but obvious fabrication projects were apparent. Measurements were taken and upon closer inspection, there was a 5" difference from leaf to leaf from truck to jeep. The pumkins on both vehicles are against the leaf on the passenger side... so the 10 bolt axle will not fit under the jeep... So it's pretty much looking like Ill have to cut and shorten the blazer frame.
    bonus for that is I wont have to align axles under my jeep... that kinda scared me.
    I'm working on getting Bruno's tub off and cleaning it up 1st.

I'm super excited to be back working on my Jeep! Money and Time are never available at the same time for projects but i've got my ducks in line. I've got 1 week off in a month. That's when most of the work will get done.

Please send any love and Hate my way for cross breeding these beasts. If anyone has done similar things feel free to send me some input. I'm confident in my fabrication skills but weary because I've never taken on a project so large.
    I'll take some pics tonight and post where I'm @
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jeep.jpg  

Time Online: 8 Hrs 9 Mins 15 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Secs
    Welcome. Nice rig too. Looks kinda familiar.
    86 CJ-7
    98 Grand Cherokee
    01 Mustang
    Donate jeep parts here

My Mood
    Twisted
    Time Online: 1 Mth 2 Wks 6 Days 18 Hrs 37 Mins 53 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 4 Mins 10 Secs
    i like the CJ the way it sits, but if you want to build a bastardized monster, I say giv'er. It'll be sweet.!!
    CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!
    DINGA DING DANG, MY DANGA LONG LING LONG
    OF4WD#5576
    BOOYAH!!!

Re:

Thanks, It does look good. I have 380 horses under the hood. I need stonger driveline to follow it. Plus the TH700 has overdrive.
    Steve Mailloux

Maillouxmachines@gmail.com
    519-808-9566

updated pics

I got a lot done lately. I recently took everything off the frame and and committed to commencing the clean up.
    The floor of my jeep on the interior took on a lot of water and snow over the last year. It sure did a # on the floor interior! The front driver side floor corner really took a beating. I am having to replace a good chunk of steel, you can see the hole in the picture. The underside is looking good tho. A scraper, some primer and paint gave the belly a whole new shine. I might have to change and move the fabricated tub frame once i get my new chassis ready. I am not sure how they will line up yet. I figure it's good to get it squirted so the rust doesn't claim any more of my jeep!!
    I had to do some thinking on the brakes details. I figure my master cylinder won't be big enough for the new frame, bigger wheels and heavier frame. So I took the master from the blazer and am fabricating a way to make it work.
    More to come, enjoy the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00184.jpg   IMG00190.jpg   IMG00191.jpg