Thread: YJ Hard top and soft upper doors

Time Online: 1 Day 4 Hrs 4 Mins 57 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 5 Secs

YJ Hard top and soft upper doors

I am trying to put my hard top back on to my 93YJ and use my steel half doors and soft uppers. The problem is the soft upper door shape doesn't fit the hard top door opening shape.

What kind of soft upper doors do I use to make this combo work or what other options are there. My existing soft top is torn and NFG for winter wheeling.
    LAJOC Member

---Just one more part to buy and I'm done--- I know I'm going broke owning this f#$%n Jeep

Time Online: 2 Wks 1 Hr 26 Mins 51 Secs
    Avg. Time Online: 1 Min 9 Secs
    Bestop has several configurations that may be of interest to you. One is 2 piece soft door similar to your hard half doors with soft upper, but this soft upper will fit a hard top and round cornered soft top. Another possibility would be uppers with slider windows - these also fit a hardtop but are made to attach to hard half doors. Finally, they do have several selections of round cornered soft uppers, but you'd need to check to see if they'll fit your hard half doors.

Alfons
    I have been looking at Bestop for a fix to this problem. I see that the TJ soft uppers are the same shape as what I need for my YJ hardtop shape. I am calling Bestop tomorrow to see if this will fit. Thanks for the info about the 2 piece soft door.

I called Bestop to find out about using TJ doors on a YJ Jeep. The TJ shape is NOT the same as a YJ door. There are several places on the door that don't match up and will leak more then your current jeep. TJ Jeeps can run any hardtop/softop and door configuration with no problem. YJ Jeeps can only run the hard top and full steel doors together. The YJ soft tops can go with full steel or soft doors.